Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday afternoon and Friday nights in Cork City?

Options
  • 07-11-2006 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Heading down to Cork this Friday for the Cork Vs Shels game. Getting into Cork for 09:45 with Ryanair. Should be a load of us on the pish from early that day and was wondering where is the best place to go for a few pints in the city about this time?

Also for after the game is there anywhere decent to go in the City on a Friday night?

Cheers in advance :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hmmmm. Once ye start drinking, I'd suggest Oliver Plunkett street. Nice and central so ye won't get lost, and plenty of pubs so ye won't get bored. If it's early drinking you're looking for, there's a place around the corner from Oliver Plunkett Street at the Parnell Place end (where the bus station is) that has an early licence; failing that, Charlie's is pretty much just across the river.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Fysh wrote:
    Hmmmm. Once ye start drinking, I'd suggest Oliver Plunkett street. Nice and central so ye won't get lost, and plenty of pubs so ye won't get bored. If it's early drinking you're looking for, there's a place around the corner from Oliver Plunkett Street at the Parnell Place end (where the bus station is) that has an early licence; failing that, Charlie's is pretty much just across the river.

Cheers for that ;) - anywhere for after the game ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

soccer heads!! run aweh!!!!

follow the masses to be honest, town tends to get inundated w/ fans after any biggish match. you lookin for a late pub or some clubbin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

Tree wrote:
    you lookin for a late pub or some clubbin?

Probably a bit of both to be honest :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

depending on the type of music, friday night on caroline ave near oliver plunkett, there is 'cyprus ave' (upstairs over the oak) which is home to purgatory http://www.purgatorycork.com, metal stuff mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Tree wrote:
    soccer heads!! run aweh!!!!
    Um, you know I run Foot.ie, right? Although I don't think I could be described as a "soccer head". Not least because it's football. Soccer is some weird American game that mothers score at.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

dahamsta wrote:
    Um, you know I run Foot.ie, right? Although I don't think I could be described as a "soccer head". Not least because it's football. Soccer is some weird American game that mothers score at.

adam

now now most soccer moms are just "athletic supporters" (hopefully that translates correctly, cause they really *are* called that in america).

if it doesnt translate http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=athletic+supporter&btnG=Search+Images

Advertisement