Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Vent & Noise Pollution

Options
  • 07-11-2006 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

Bedroom is beside a busy enough road, has an air vent which is necessary but the noise of the traffic is headwrecking. Is there any material you could purchase that dampens the noise but maybe lets the air through at the same time or is tough luck old stock? Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭RPGGAMER

wax earplugs. those french ones. q'ui est i think they're called. or move.

Bedroom is beside a busy enough road, has an air vent which is necessary but the noise of the traffic is headwrecking. Is there any material you could purchase that dampens the noise but maybe lets the air through at the same time or is tough luck old stock? Any suggestions appreciated.

Block the vents to the front and run a duct (plus small fan if needed)to the rear of the house via the ceiling and attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I've mine stuffed with bubble wrap.

Not recommended if you have gas heating.

Advertisement