Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop Down Menus in HTML

Options
  • 07-11-2006 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

My web programming is a tad rusty and was wondering if someone could tell me the best / easiest way to do something.

I want to have a drop down menu, that when someone chooses an option, it displays different text but still has the drop down menu their in case they want to choose a different option.

I'm thinking the best way to do this is with a frame.

What are your thoughts.
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

It depends on what you want to do. If you only want to display text then it would be very simple to implement with javascript.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Javascript. Have a series of links with your dropdown box located in the same part of all of them (CSS is good for that sort of thing), and have it so that onBlur of your dropdown box, JavaScript will load the relevant page...

[EDIT]There are niftier ways to do it with hidden JS objects or AJAX, but that way's the simplest[/EDIT]

Advertisement