Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Dog just died.

Options
  • 07-11-2006 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

My Mam rang me in work to tell me that the very best friend I ever had died over lunch. She has been sick but I really thought she would pull through.

She used to sleep under my bed in my room due to the fact that we had another bitch a similar age that she didn't get on with. We where very much a double act, wherever I went she'd follow, she used to stay in the sitting room and wait up for me if I was out, waited for me a whole weekend one time when I was on holidays in Sweden.

Can't quite describe how devastated I am

Happier Times - http://www.flickr.com/photos/92541561@N00/199473575/

RIP Molly

:(:(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Jeez, really sorry to hear that man. Losing a dog is almost like losing a close friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

Sorry to hear about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

You poor thing, it must be very hard for you especially as you're in work. I'd tell someone and try and go home. Have a look at the departed pets thread and you might get some solace in the fact that there are a lot of people out there that know exactly how you feel. Big Hug.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Lynfo

God, really sorry to hear that, it's like losing a family member.
    Just be strong, you will get through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ah sorry to hear that, people & dogs can getso close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I've been there too, it's hard to except. Sorry to hear about that. It's like loosing part of the family, they really are such a big part oy your life. Least she's out of her pain now.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭destraynor

Thats horrible, I'm really sorry for your loss.

My favorite dog ever died about a year and a half ago, and I was devastated. Looking back now though I am glad that he didn't suffer too much, and can only say I'm glad he was around for as long as he was.

Try to get out of work if possible, it's really horrible being around people who don't understand what dogs mean to some people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

hey gooner, sorry to hear that mate -she was gorgeous. hope you're ok, it's a hard thing to deal with. In time tho, you'll be able to remember her and smile.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

we'd a jack russell "snuggles" and a lab / springer cross "ebony" who lived together with us over ten years.

snuggles died and ebony was so lonely that we got a new little puppy to keep him company "Buzby". Ebony passed away about 18 months ago and buzby was now fully grown, when we came out the morning that Ebony had died, we found Buzby asleep curled up beside his body.

Dogs are pack animals which is why they fit into your family life, they arent almost one of the family, they ARE one of the family and consider you its pack brothers and sisters and leaders etc.

Im so sorry for you, this is a hard time but death is part of life so think of the happy times and dont dwell in sadness too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sorry again, you have lots of great memories to hold onto I am sure. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Im sorry to hear that.. My dog is getting old now and I know within in the next couple of years its goin die... I cat really tell how im going to feel but like I will just keep in mind all the good memories we had..

I think you should do the same :)

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Sorry to hear the bad news Gooner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sorry to hear that Gooner :(

<
    My little friend died a few months ago and it was heartbreaking

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

sorry to hear your bad news gooner.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Sorry to hear that Gooner, it's amazing how close you can get to a dog, especially one you have for any length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

So sorry to hear about your loss TheGooner.. Its so hard when a pet dies.. They become such an important part of your life that it is heartbreaking when they die. She was gorgeous...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Condolences Gooner, been there myself, I think most of us have with pets at one time or another, it's like a part of you dies with them. My parrot died about eight years back and I still get choked up thinking about him so I know the feeling. Hang in there and focus on the good times, it's all you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

Very sorry for your loss...she was absolutley beautiful. RIP Molly. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Thanks a million everyone.

We just buried her in the garden there. She looked like she was in a very deep sleep when she died so I can take comfort in that.

Thanks again everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Sorry for your loss but would you not think about this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055012656&referrerid=&highlight=site:boards.ie
    now dont fly off the handle with me i lost a dog and it helped me a lot to get another 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Carpenter wrote:
    Sorry for your loss but would you not think about this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055012656&referrerid=&highlight=site:boards.ie
    now dont fly off the handle with me i lost a dog and it helped me a lot to get another 1

Thanks but I cant take a medium sized dog. I still have three others (small ones). I work during the day and my folks wouldn't be able to handle a larger dog, not anymore anyways.

Thnaks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

TheGooner wrote:
    Thanks a million everyone.

We just buried her in the garden there. She looked like she was in a very deep sleep when she died so I can take comfort in that.

Thanks again everyone.

she's sniffing God's crotch now :)

hope you feel better soon, gooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

In my thoughts and wish you and your family well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Sorry for your bad news Gooner, I've been there a few times myself. RIP Molly.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Feel so bad for you. It's happened me twice and I still think about them a lot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭spfeno

Very Sorry for your loss Gooner -

looks like a Cavalier King Charles from the photo - use to have two of them years ago - both died one after the other.

On a lighter note we've just bought the most adorable golden retriever pup last week - its a lovely dog - the kids adore it..................... her sister is still availablel if you're interested

Best Regards

Shane

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sorry to hear that,

we lost our labador earlier in the year, Was devestated myself.

Just remember Doggy hevaen

Advertisement