Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yale Alarm

Options
  • 07-11-2006 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Has anyone got any knowledge of Wireless Yale Alarms. Are they any good. What price range etc.
    Look forward to any info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭WILKEL

This might not be of much help but my father bought one recently at a local plumbing suppliers but we could not get the keypad to communicate with the alarm on the wall outside ( but this was probably an one off problem) , he is presently waiting for some guy to call to try set it up.
    it looked good but the big problem in my opinion is the the alarm is powered by six big D batteries and i would imagine that these would need replacing quite often as they are outside in the cold and you need to get up a ladder to get at them. i would prefer to have a solution where the alarm it self is powered by house power with maybe a standby battery for power cuts etc. also i would like a auto dialler as part of the alarm system (unless you go with phone watch or some other monitored alarm)
    this is just my observations and i stand to be corrected on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

have the yale alarm in the other gaff, got it in Argos it was a bit cumbersome to set up, i.e. getting the unit to communicate with the peripherals, the batteries last approx 2 years. it's cheap and does exactly what it's supposed to do.

I did find them a bit tight on the basic package, buy a couple of more
    PIRs etc from them before you go setting the system up, as they only
    give you 2 PIRs and 2 door sensors in the basic package.

the auto dialler works perfectly, never had a problem with it, even though
    it was used only once (thankfully) if have problems setting it up pm me, but i found the yale service department extremely helpful

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

De_man wrote:
    the auto dialler works perfectly,

Sorry to butt in -
    Does this require a land line to be installed or are there any mobile options?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

hill billy no problem,

the one i've got is set up to work on a land line only,
    going by memory now (i'd have to go back to the house to check it)
    the landline was only plugged into the left hand side of the unit (not very secure) You could easily change the connections on the line
    i.e. put a connection to a mobile phone i reckon it would work,

when i needed it, it worked fine for me, but most of all, i was monitoring
    the house myself, any probs the system phoned my mobile and not a third party... but please don't go off and buy one without checking with yale
    try www.yale.co.uk or even give them a call i'm sure there's an alternative
    connection to enable you to hook up to a mobile, if not you could set it
    up yourself

hope this helps

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thanks for that De Man!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Tks to all for info so far.

Advertisement