Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Has insurance gone up???

Options
  • 07-11-2006 3:51pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My insurance is due at the end of the month and when I got the quote from my current insurer I was a bit shocked.. nearly €70 more than I paid the previous year. :mad:

Im driving a 97 mondeo 1.6 Petrol, full licence for about 9 years, no points, full NCB, and looking for Full Comp.

Now I've shopped around and the cheapest I can find now from making various calls and checking the usual sites on the web is only €10 cheaper than I'm paying now.

I did a quick check about 3 weeks ago as I knew my renewal was coming up and the best I found was nearly €100 cheaper that what Im paying, went back to them today and the price has changed by over €150.

Can this be right? :confused:

Tox

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Try ringing brokers as alot of the time they can get you cheaper deals!! Its nearly a 10 year old car and when its 10 years old it costs more to insure!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Insurance goes up and down all the time - a quote this week could be significantly different next week.
    Mine wasn't that much different this compared to last year though.
    I haven't heard many people comment on it going up - most people seem to think its much the same as previous years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Well I wouldnt mind if it was the same as last years but its a big enough hike when you consider I'm paying just over €600 at the moment.. over 10% increase for no reason..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Thats deffo the age of the car doing that to you!!

Advertisement