Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fix ups, opinions please.

Options
  • 07-11-2006 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

A couple of years ago when my ex had just begun tattooing and was practising on himself, I volunteered as his first live guinea pig, and as a result was left with some fairly horrendous tattoos. I'm not complaining, I knew exactly what I was letting myself in for, and I don’t regret it. I have seen some of his more recent work and it's very good, so I'm glad I was able to help him to learn.

However, now I think its time to get mine fixed up, I'm embarrassed to let people see them at the moment and it's holding me back. Most of my back is covered and the top of both my legs. I can't go swimming or wear clothes that show them.

The first one I’d like fixed is this, it's just the (badly done) outline at the moment:

MyTatts007.jpg

Ideally I would like it done in black and grey shading, with the lips, shoes and nails in bright pink as a contrast.

Do you think this is possible? Who would you guys recommend for this type of work? Have you any other suggestions as to what could be done with this piece?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm far from an expert but considering its such a thin/light tatoo as it it looks like it could get done up fairly easily. Go to a proffessional and see what they think, you can't do better than a professional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I realise he's an ex, but would you not consider going back to him and asking him to finish what he started?
    I think it'd be only fair if he offered to help out considering it's his work you're carrying.

That one would probably be better as a complete coverup unless you changed it significantly, that's some pretty dark heavy outline there and it'd be really hard to fix. Anyway speak to an artist they'll tell you for sure what they can do, some artists would amaze with the fixups they can do.

With fix-ups or cover-ups it's also a case of getting an artist willing to try, not all will do it, I reckon asking the ex would be a good start or asking him at least who he knows that might be able to fix them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

We're only barely on speaking terms, but I have mentioned to him that I wanted to get it fixed or covered and he was ok with that, I don't think he'd feel comfortable working on me either, not for the foreseeable future anyway, and I really don’t want to wait that long. He understands that I'm not bad mouthing him or his work, but that I can't really go around with this stuff on me, and I would never mention his name or anything, and as I said his recent work is very good.

The general consensus seems to be that it's going to be a cover up job, which I don’t mind too much, I would like it covered with another pin-up though.

Can anyone recommend an artist who would be into both old school and good at cover-ups?

Advertisement