Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Remote Central Locking

Options
  • 07-11-2006 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

My central locking doesn't seem to want to work anymore. The button will lock the car no problem but when trying to unlock it, it does nothing. Could be the button is wore away or something as its 2 seperate buttons for locking and unlocking. Thought at first it'd be the battery but surely it wouldn't lock in the first place if it was? Any ideas? If it is the button thats wore away will I need to get a new key cut and coded or can the button just be replaced?
    Its a 01 Almera btw.

Cheers,
    Pat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

have you tried pushing the unlock button with a pen or similar, I've seen a Primera key where the rubber button deformed and was missing the little button on the circuit board.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Its a regular enough occurence with Nissans. I reckon you'll need a new key. Not sure about Nissan, but some manufacturers supply the key in 2 sections, so you may be able to but the remote part on its own and then get it coded.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Weaselator

colm_mcm wrote:
    have you tried pushing the unlock button with a pen or similar, I've seen a Primera key where the rubber button deformed and was missing the little button on the circuit board.
    Yeh have tried this and while it worked once or twice it doesn't work anymore!
    crosstownk wrote:
    Its a regular enough occurence with Nissans. I reckon you'll need a new key. Not sure about Nissan, but some manufacturers supply the key in 2 sections, so you may be able to but the remote part on its own and then get it coded.
    Hmmm, isn't like 150/200e to get a key coded? Is there an easier way than going thru a main dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

This happened to my Nissan Primera key twice, the first time the back side of the rubber which pushes the contact had worn away.

I went into a Nissan Dealer and they gave a new Rubber button for 2-3 euro put this in and it worked great, disassembling the key is very easy to do.

The second time it stopped working was when the actual contact button broke away from the printed circuit board inside the key, this time i used a small amount of solder to put it back on and its been working fine since.

Advertisement