Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Options
  • 07-11-2006 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,573 ✭✭✭

Ok I'm not very happy, I live on the outskirts of Balinasloe and on Sept 13th I applied for Eircom Broadband through the Internet and I was told it was suitable, got my box, didn't work, an Eircom technician called out had a look, checked the Broadband line and said it wasn't holding the signal. Through Boards I got an expert to call around said it could be the wiring. The Eircom technician came back fixed the wiring all lights working (except the Internet light which was red) and said its just a matter of calling the switch to get it going this was the 20th of September, since then I have been ringing Broadband support who tell me I have a signal but no account and to ring sales who put me through to support. I can't remember the amount of hours I have wasted listening to Vivaldi and those automated responses. I have lost track of the amount of times my mobile phone number was taken and told I would be rung back. I swear I have aged three years in the last two months. Anyway I was finally told that I am out of range for Broadband which I don't believe as they couldn't be bothered to send anyone around to check it, so thats it two months of my life wasted and to make matters worse guess what they charged me for Broadband last month. I rang them today for a credit and the guy couldn't stop agreeing with me about how rubbish Eircom are!

What I find unacceptable is the promises of ring backs even after I made an official complaint the way I have been treated is totally unacceptable so it's time to leave Eircom. Can anyone suggest any alternatives I'm gonna move the whole lot even the phone line even if I can't get Broadband I refuse to give them any more money and they can whistle for their modem.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

a chainsaw is what you need (and you can port your number to blueface) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

At least you HAVE a phone line! But yeah, they are very poor at following up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

All the phone lines, even llu belog to Eircom. You might get radio or fibre I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Lol, "expert". I like that.;)
    Thats a royal pain in the hole. Without a doubt it was a setup problem at Eircoms end. Once the wiring was sorted out, both modems tried were syncing at the full speed. The only failure was PPPoE. Thats a username/password/account activation issue. Pr!cks.
    Your right to want to get away from them but your only other option is Lastmile and yank out the phone line.
    BTW I'll give that modem a good home if you want rid of it:p .

Advertisement