Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compaq Laptop Sound Problem

• 07-11-2006 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I have a Compaq nc6220 laptop. The Laptop is 1 year old and has been formatted and setup with Microsoft XP service pack 2. I do not know if the sound use to work as I have only recently purchase it second hand. I have done some troubleshooting but I still get the following error message. I think that it may be that I do not have a sound device installed. How do I do this and where can I get the appropriate one?

Windows Media Player 9.0

0xC00D11BA: Cannot play the file
    Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device, such as a sound card or sound controller. You may encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:

Your sound device is in use by another program. Quit other programs that may be using your sound device, and then try to play the file again.

Your sound device is not functioning properly. To troubleshoot the problem, see the Sound Troubleshooter in Windows Help or refer to your sound device's documentation.

You do not have a sound device installed on your computer. Install a sound device, and then try to play the file again.
    Error ID = 0xC00D11BA, Condition ID = 0x00000000

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Not strictly a laptop problem, more a Windows/driver problem.

Before I move this thread, try downloading the drivers for the sound card. It sounds like (pardon the pun) the drivers are not installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Look under Start->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices, is the sound card listed there, or the drop down menu greyed out? Use the CD that came with your laptop to reinstall the sound card driver or download them from the manufacturers website like tom mentioned.

Advertisement