Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

HDMI query

• 07-11-2006 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭

Considering that some of the new LCD tv's only come with one, max two hdmi slots at the moment can anyone tell me if the same scenarios with regards to scart sockets can be setup ie:

- Have a single connection from the tv to a box of 2 or 4 other connections of it? If this is possible will this lead to a crap picture and is it on the market yet

- If the above is not possible then I assume we should be try to purchase lcd's with 3 slots min (1 for HD box, 1 for HD DVD, 1 for PS3/Xbox etc)

Final question is that there seems to be a varied type of hdmi's on the market and at different prices, is there one standard / version above the other ? Is it worth spending the extra few euro on a better cable ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

http://www.octavainc.com/

HDMI switchs are available and if you buy a decent one won't have any image quality problems.

IMO once you get a decent cable any gains to be made from the expensive cables are minimal. From my experience once you don't buy the crappiest ones availble you won't notice the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Most recent high end home cinema amps are coming with HDMI sockets for equipment, but as everything new in the market, you will pay a lot of money for it when a few years down the road it will be common on all amps.

The switcher is the best bet for now. I can envisage myself getting one of these also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭smadger

Has anyone found a way to combine DVI & SPDIF into HDMI?

I'm thinking of some adaptor that can be use to take the video from my graphics card, the digital audio from my sound card and put them down a single HDMI cable to a LCD TV. Should be possible, no?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I got one of those Octava switches earlier in the year, does exactly what it says on the tin, no loss, think they were about £120'ish, very neat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭smadger

smadger wrote:
    Has anyone found a way to combine DVI & SPDIF into HDMI?

I'm thinking of some adaptor that can be use to take the video from my graphics card, the digital audio from my sound card and put them down a single HDMI cable to a LCD TV. Should be possible, no?

Going to answer my own question with this: http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=324317&view=detailed

Now, if only it was silent - that's easily solved though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

you can get HDMI splitters on ebay like this:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/HDMI-HI-DEFINITION-TV-2-WAY-SPLITTER-BOX_W0QQitemZ150051011779QQihZ005QQcategoryZ32837QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

50 euros.

But as they say you get what you pay for, Don't know how good these would be???

Advertisement