Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rear and fog lights for a Fiat Punto

Options
  • 07-11-2006 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

Guys.

I have a Fiat Punto 97 60S 5 door. I dont use it for work and only use it at weekends or after work at the moment.. Anyway i was coming back from Blanch SC last Saturday evening with a friend of mine, He noticed that one of the rear lights was not working, When i break and reverse all the lights work.

Also one of my fog lights got kicked in by somebody a few nights ago so i need that replaced as well.

Where would be the best place to go and get these lights?? i dont want to go to a Fiat dealership as they will cost me an arm and a leg.. I have my NCT next month but obviously i cant wait till then to get them fixed as i will be using my car at night before then. I wont be using my car again till the weekend so i have time to look around or ring places if anybody here can point me in the right direction.

One other quick question.. In the NCT would they check that the windows in the back seat open and close? I have electric windows in the driver and passenger seats but over the last year the manual levers for the back windowns broke so I need to get them replaced. Im not sure how much that will cost so would i be better to wait till the NCT and get it done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Hiya,

Cant help you with the lights, but the rear passenger window on my old punto wouldnt wind up and down and it wasnt an issue for the NCT.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

gazzer - you may have an earth problem - check the wiring around the tailgate area.
    Go to a breakers for a new fog light. Alternatively try ebay.
    Just price one from a dealer - it may not be as extortionate as you think.

Jood - stay on topic please. However, your rear passenger window didn't fail because its not a test item. Only the drivers window need to be operable.

Sorry but he did ask would they check that the windows go up and down and they didnt with me, just trying to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

gazzer wrote:
    Also one of my fog lights got kicked in by somebody a few nights ago so i need that replaced as well.
    Foglights are not a legal requirement in Ireland. If fitted, the NCT check to see if they are positioned correctly, have white/yellow light and are alligned correctly. If they are not working, they don't check them. (Take the bulb out of the other one as I'm not sure what happens if one is working).

gazzer wrote:
    In the NCT would they check that the windows in the back seat open and close?
    They only check the driver's window.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Jood wrote:
    Sorry but he did ask would they check that the windows go up and down and they didnt with me, just trying to help.
    My bad - apologies

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    My bad - apologies

No bother at all, jeez we're all very polite this morning!!! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

My first car was a Punto and I had the problem once or twice, and it's alot simpler (if it's the same one) than a bad earth.
    You said that your for light was kicked in and your rear lights aren't working, so you potentialy have 3 blown bulbs ? I found that the disco light phenomen starts when you've a blown bulb or a bulb us making poor contact with it's contacts, fix the bulbs and I reckon you're on your way to fix your problem.

Advertisement