Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2006 pdc world championship bets?.

Options
  • 07-11-2006 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

hello just wondering anyone having any bets on the world championship this xmas?.

taylor is fairly short price as exspected,think barney is 7/2 but i dunno he is dodgey taylor seems to have the better of him if u ask me.

but i suppose for a value bet he,s not a bad choice at 7/2.
    i had barney at 11/2 for the skybet world grand prix but taylor put a end to that.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

If im totally honest with you I cant really see past Taylor for this years tournament but there is never any value in putting a bet on Taylor because the odds will always be very short. In saying that though, on their day there are quite a few players capable of beating Taylor. I was at the semi-finals last year when he played Mardle and I actually had a bet on Mardle to win that math at 8-1. Mardle could have and maybe should have won that match. With Barney in the mix now as well there is an added chalenge on Taylor to win it.

If you want value for money then I think the best bets would be either Barney, Lewis, Mardle or Priestley. I cant really see anyone else being capable enough to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

had an ew bet on james wade @16/1 but thats gone out the window after today but i suppose it is hard to bet against taylor but theres no value with him

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Outright bet is not worth doing because there is no value for money. The real bets in darts is like the highest check out over a certain value etc. Also betting in running you can get some great odds. I have won quite a bit of money so far. You just have to look at all the available bets, not just the obvious ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Back Phil taylors oppenent to get more 180s and lay the player who takes a lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Back Phil taylors oppenent to get more 180s and lay the player who takes a lead.

Can't argue with that. Both of those bets have obliged for me several times during the tournament; match odds less so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement