Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus wheel nuts

Options
  • 07-11-2006 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Was in tyre fitting place in wexford last week and Im going to get 4 new tyres for car, the guy there said that a good few of the wheel nuts are rounded and I should get new ones, so I went to ford dealer and they are charging 8 euros per wheel nut, is this correct or can I get them cheaper somewhere else?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

That's what I was quoted by Rickards in Tallaght recently for after market VW nuts.

16 for €64.

BTW What do you mean rounded? As in the heads were warped from wrench slipping off or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tw0nk wrote:
    they are charging 8 euros per wheel nut
    ballooba wrote:
    That's what I was quoted by Rickards in Tallaght recently for after market VW nuts.16 for €64.

:confused: ballooba - That would be €4 per nut not €8. ;)

tw0nk - try a fairly new crashed car in a breakers yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I paid €8 for a nut in Finglas Ford not so long ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

:confused: ballooba - That would be €4 per nut not €8. ;)

tw0nk - try a fairly new crashed car in a breakers yard.

Yes, yes it would. God it's been a long day.

€8 is a rip-off.

Try Rickards 01-4590862. or a scarppy as suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Thanks for replies guys. Ballooba, where is rickards and what sort of place is it? scrapyard or dealer? im surprised to hear everyone with similar prices for wheel nuts, i in my stupidness thought they would be about a euro each!

• Advertisement
Advertisement