Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Closing Time

Options
  • 07-11-2006 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Can anyone tell me what time the Phoenix Park closes at during week days?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The main gates never close. Not sure about any of the others but certainly the gates at Conyngham Road/Parkgate street don't close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

NCR gate usually closed by 11. could be 10.30, not entirely sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks very mucj for the information guys!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thats interesting to know,I was under the impression that the park was open 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

It is, it's just individual gates that close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Dub13 wrote:
    Thats interesting to know,I was under the impression that the park was open 24/7.

The Park is open 24/7, the main gates never close, side gates are open from 7am-11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Bluetonic wrote:
    the main gates never close
    They close them very occassionally to prevent a right of way being formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

eo980 wrote:
    Hey Folks,

Can anyone tell me what time the Phoenix Park closes at during week days?

Many thanks.

Are you going dogging as well, I'll be in the black Opel Vectra :)

:eek:

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

raheny red wrote:
    Are you going dogging as well, I'll be in the black Opel Vectra :)

:eek:

:D

That was pretty much what i though when i saw the query!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The main gates on park gate street get rehung and closed for new years day to preven the park becoming a public right of way.

Oh there are more people out for late night walks in the park then mot people imagine there would be.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote:
    The main gates on park gate street get rehung and closed for new years day to preven the park becoming a public right of way.

Oh there are more people out for late night walks in the park then mot people imagine there would be.

Are they on some sort of register?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ditto.
    Thaedydal wrote:

Was getting caught as embarrasing as most people imagine it would be?

Explaining the open bottle of wine was more hassle then explaining the sword for some reason...

Thaedydal wrote:
    Explaining the open bottle of wine was more hassle then explaining the sword for some reason...
    I get ya ;)
    I'd hope he put his..sword..away when you were discovered? 'Cause theres a bit of a stigma around having them out in public...

:rolleyes:

Thaedydal wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    I'll take that as a yes.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Thaedydal wrote:

Barring the obvious dogging jokes. you'd want your had exmined to go walking late at night in any park in Dublin.

That depends on the park and where about in it you go.

I suppose carrying a sword would also help keep the undesirables away too.

No basicly you'd want to be mad going into ANY dublin park at night.They attract all sorts of weirdos and deviants and all parks have a population of people who sleep in them at night.As you can probably imagine,they are not people who you'd want to come across on a dark night.In one year a female friend of mine was raped and her boyfriend badly beaten as they walked home through st annes' park in raheny at 10pm,another friend of mine was attaked with a hammer and left for dead in stephens green,it wasnt particularly late but the park was closed.Several months ago there was a feature on crimecall about how a disabled man was kidnapped at syringe-point from the phoenix park and left in terror of his life.Keep well away from these places after dark,they just arent safe.

• Advertisement

Barring the obvious dogging jokes. you'd want your had exmined to go walking late at night in any park in Dublin.

In fairness you could say the same about any big city,not just Dublin.

Dub13 wrote:
    In fairness you could say the same about any big city,not just Dublin.

:confused:

But this is the Dublin forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Degsy wrote:
    No basicly you'd want to be mad going into ANY dublin park at night.They attract all sorts of weirdos and deviants and all parks have a population of people who sleep in them at night.As you can probably imagine,they are not people who you'd want to come across on a dark night.In one year a female friend of mine was raped and her boyfriend badly beaten as they walked home through st annes' park in raheny at 10pm,another friend of mine was attaked with a hammer and left for dead in stephens green,it wasnt particularly late but the park was closed.Several months ago there was a feature on crimecall about how a disabled man was kidnapped at syringe-point from the phoenix park and left in terror of his life.Keep well away from these places after dark,they just arent safe.

Hmnnn I was thinking of going jogging there, hence the original query! Maybe not now?!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

eo980 wrote:
    Hmnnn I was thinking of going jogging there, hence the original query! Maybe not now?!
    Stick to the main road and you should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

eo980 wrote:
    Depends how fast you can run I guess :D

But this is the Dublin forum?

I am aware this is the Dublin forum,I was just pointing out that its not a good idea to go walking in any city park and not just Dublin parks.

Dub13 wrote:
    I am aware this is the Dublin forum,I was just pointing out that its not a good idea to go walking in any city park

At night anyway.

I wouldn't step foot in a Dublin park at night, unless I was accompanied by a group of course, but going by yourself or perhaps with a friend is just asking for trouble.

Advertisement