Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Cup 4th round (Tuesday/Wednesday)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sissoko looks to have a bad arm/shoulder injury, he has been stretchered off after 25 mins.

Well there goes my bet with Lampards Goal!

We'll still win though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Mad Dog wrote:
    Show me where you said that so :confused: :eek: :confused:

Your just being pedantic now. I assume you understood how to play football. The best way to get a ball to go hard and straight is to get over it and hit it with your instep. I foolishly assumed thatyou knew that and didnt need it explaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Stekelly wrote:
    Your just being pedantic now. I assume you understood how to play football. The best way to get a ball to go hard and straight is to get over it and hit it with your instep. I foolishly assumed thatyou knew that and didnt need it explaining.

Is it ? You will never generate as much power hitting a ball with the inside of your foot that you could with the front of your foot. The best way to get a ball go hard and straight is be any good, get over it and strike with the front of your foot.

Momo injury looks bad, he will be missed on the weekend if he is unavailable. Nice to see Agger come back and get a goal, Dudek clean sheet and a fowler goal would make it a nice night all round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

Stekelly wrote:

Look, another stupid statement yet again by you, unless you have anything constructive to say go away and as for understanding the game, I would say I do and I have the medals to back it up.

No-one was being pedantic, you said "as you said" and I was wondering where that was because I missed it, maybe you should have said "what I meant"

Go on The Sheva 2-0. Get in there ! ! ! !:D :D:D:D
    irish1 wrote:
    Villa will beat Chelsea 2 nil

Oh Dear !:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool have a peno, Bellamy misses.

Mike.

Is it ? You will never generate as much power hitting a ball with the inside of your foot that you could with the front of your foot. The best way to get a ball go hard and straight is be any good, get over it and strike with the front of your foot.

Momo injury looks bad, he will be missed on the weekend if he is unavailable. Nice to see Agger come back and get a goal, Dudek clean sheet and a fowler goal would make it a nice night all round.

Ill hold my hand up there, i actually meant the top of your foot not the side, my mistake. replace that and the statement stands.

Ah well if you can't be positive what can you be.

I didn't expect Chelsea to field their first choice team, but then again giving we held them to a draw in the league at Stamford bridge maybe they wanted to be sure they didn't lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Fowler wouldn't have missed, am sure of it.

• Advertisement

Port Vale strike!

Stupid to let Bellers take it, he's hardly match sharp after all.

Mike.

Awful Penalty, Fowler is Captain too what was he at letting Bellamy take it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

mike65 wrote:
    Port Vale strike!

Stupid to let Bellers take it, he's hardly match sharp after all.

Mike.
    I imagine Bellamy demanded to take it or else. I wouldn't like to argue with him either.

I have to say, i was very wary of Bellamy when he signed and he's done nothing to change that opinion. He's spent the season so far maonign at refs and arseing p chances. I never for a minute thought he was going to score. Theres no reason why Fowler shouldnt have been taking that.

Kuyt coming on.

Mike.

Fowler wouldn't have missed, am sure of it.
    I wouldn't be so sure, Fowler has missed plenty of penalties in the past. I'd still have him way ahead of Bellamy though. Finishing is not his forte.

Russians 3 up.

Fowler made way for Kuyt.

Mike.

Mad Dog wrote:
    Look, another stupid statement yet again by you, unless you have anything constructive to say go away and as for understanding the game, I would say I do and I have the medals to back it up."[/U][/I][/B]

Well done, you must be very proud.

My point stands. Ronaldo is hitting all his shots hard and straight because the movement is messing keepers heeads up. Im not saying other players dont hit hard shots , they are varying their shots and placing them. He isnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,076 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Id say Robbie let him take it as he knows Bellers needs the goal more then himself. Thats a decision for 2 or 3 up though, def not 1 up! Almost surprised Rafa didnt run out, take the ball off bellers and give it to Fowler.

To be fair to bellers, he's a better player then he's shown at Liverpool. Hopefully he can pick it up a bit, he's got a touch of the Morientes about him at the moment!

• Advertisement

irish1 wrote:

We'll still win though :D

Get in there 3-0 Essien :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

4-0 chelsea now

:D

And now it's 4.

Go on the Drogs ! ! ! ! :D

Another one for Chelsea. Drogba

The end of Martin O' Neill's honeymoon period?

Spurs equalise.

Mike.

• Advertisement

Anyone know how things are going at Goodison? Just know that its 0-0 and McFadden was sent off. Who's playing the better? Everton look like getting the goal? Last team i need to win in accumulator!

Chelsea 4 - 0 Aston Villa ........................... Result

growler wrote:
    4-0 chelsea now

:D

Dammit, I had €10 on 3-0.

Bellamy you useless twat.:mad:

Bellers put through for a great chance, skewed it wide across goal though> No chance of him scoring tonight

Losing 4 nil to Chelsea who put out their first team away from home in the Carling is hardly going to end his so called honeymoon period is it??

Considering he has only purchased one player and is 6th with only one loss in the league proves his worth imo.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Anyone know how things are going at Goodison? Just know that its 0-0 and McFadden was sent off. Who's playing the better? Everton look like getting the goal? Last team i need to win in accumulator!

According to Peter Reid on Sky Everton have been outstanding with 10 men and could easily be ahead in this match.

Mad Dog wrote:
    According to Peter Reid on Sky Everton have been outstanding with 10 men and could easily be ahead in this match.

Come on Everton! Poppa needs a new pair of shoes! Need the goal to come in the 90mins though

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Come on Everton! Poppa needs a new pair of shoes! Need the goal to come in the 90mins though

Sigh. Arse 1 up. Typical

Sh1t Arsenal 1-0 :eek: Adebayor

Bellamy has been subbed which says it all.

Mike.

irish1 wrote:
    Losing 4 nil to Chelsea who put out their first team away from home in the Carling is hardly going to end his so called honeymoon period is it??
    Well if confidence in football is as important as it's made out to be then this could have quite an effect, especially coming so soon after losing 3-1 at Anfield. I don't follow Villa enough though and am merely speculating.

Phew! FT 1-0

Jerzy Dudek proberly kept Liverpool in it.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Phew! FT 1-0

Jerzy Dudek proberly kept Liverpool in it.

Mike.

And Bellamy kept Birmingham in it.

Anyone else think Bellamy could be on his way to Villa park come January?

irish1 wrote:

Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

TBH I always thought he was better used as a left winger than a striker, I know he doesn't like that position but I don't think he's a natural striker.

Spurs ahead, huddlestone scored again.

Spurs get second.

Mike.

3rd for spurs, defoe. in the bag now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

excellent. heres hoping we get newcaslte or wycome in the next round and chelsea get beaten by charlton again and liverpool and arsenal knock each other out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

oh, and of course, we get to beat scunthorpe in the final :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

irish1 wrote:

I certainly hope not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

irish1 wrote:
    Do you have a source for this or is it just another random linking up of every ex-Celtic player with O'Neill?

It was just a thought Savman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

irish1 wrote:
    It was just a thought Savman.

Rofl tis up there with PHB's nonsense on the United thread. Talk about plucking at straws and generally making up toss. You should start working for one the tabloids..

Advertisement