Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Uber Project pics

• 07-11-2006 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Just wanted to show you guys the new rig I just setup! :D
    Any opinions on it please? Its a modded Silverstone TJ07 with laser cut side panel. First time I also did a half decent job at cable management:D Runs lovely quiet & cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭CSSource God

better view of cutting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Liking that rig man nice job ;)

Thanks man, unfortunately the pics didnt come out very clear so they dont do the case any justice. The finish is amazing. Also I threw out the noisy HSF's on the x1900's and replaced them with a pair of Artic Cooling Accelero's which work great.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

where did you get that panel cut? Me want! Looks sw33t, although you should of measured your desk first :p

*contemplates sacrilage and putting one in the side of a new P180b* :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

That is very impressive, Well done mate :)

I was unsure on what case to get, up untill now. I think ill be having one of them :)

Congrats again.

And 24" ftw \0/

• Advertisement

LOL i know its too damn big for the desk:) Got it done from kustompcs.co.uk. Although it is very expensive, probably the most expensive case there.You can choose your own design also.http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/Case_Windows.html.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Jasus, bit pricey isnt it...

Gimme a dremel and ill have a go at that. Might end up looks like a abstract picasso on absynth :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Nice case....I think the gpu cooling is a pit pants in the Tj07, something they sorted in the up and coming Tj09. I reckon if you bought a Scythe Kama-bay cooler it would sort it though. probably only needed if you had a high powered gpu though. http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/info_3877.html

How do you find the stock fans. Always thought there were a bit noisy myself. Are you using a fan controller ?

Also, did the sidepanels slide on and off easy. Initial reviews said they were a bit tight and scratched the inside of the case. There was also talk of the hard drive bays being difficult to remove. Oh..and some vibration from the side panels. All this was supposed to be fixed on Rev A02 of the case but almost everywhere stopped selling them.

By the way - where did you buy it ?

<edit> Sorry - I see you bought it from Kustom and are using the Silverstone Eudemon.....how long were you waiting for Kustom to get it into stock, and how long for the mod, and what fans are you running off the controller </edit>

I wouldnt say the stock fans are noisy, although they are not as quiet as i'd expect from such an expensive case. doesnt bother me much. And yes the side panels are akward to slide on & off for sure. But other than that its excellent, certainly moves a lot of air out of the case. Not much can touch it for looks imho:) I can wind down about 3 of the fans with the Eudemon, helps a little but bought it mostly for looks as it matches the case.

Advertisement