Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Survivor Series match announced!!!

• 07-11-2006 9:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

The first match for Survivor Series has just been announced on wwe.com!

DX, CM Punk and THe Hardy Boys Vs. Edge and Orton (Rated RKO, lol), Mike Knox, Johnny Nitro and Gregory Helms in a classic Survivor Series match!

Sounds like it'll be a good match!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Very nice :)

That should be a great match. Surpised to see CM Punk and HHH in the ring at the same time so soon. And the return of the Hardy Boyz is the icing on the cake. Maybe this ppv would be worth the watch after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Very interesting!! SS is turning out to be good already, lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

sounds good.....lets hope it will be as good as it sounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Announcing all the matches online is a bit strange. But I love the traditional Survivor Series matches, so its nice to see them return.

I won't bother putting a threads up on it. But apparently Raws new top heel K-Fed is getting divorced.http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/07/britney-spears-files-for-divorce/ There goes my hopes of a Britney run in at Wrestlemania!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Wasnt expecting that! Nice one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Minto wrote:
    The first match for Survivor Series has just been announced on wwe.com!

DX, CM Punk and THe Hardy Boys Vs. Edge and Orton (Rated RKO, lol), Mike Knox, Johnny Nitro and Gregory Helms in a classic Survivor Series match!

Sounds like it'll be a good match!
    while i'm not knocking the talent this match doesn't really make sense, why would the hardy boyz align with DX why would DX and Mike Knox/Gregory Helms Have a problem, there is no common ground for the teams to be split over

while i'm not knocking the talent this match doesn't really make sense, why would the hardy boyz align with DX why would DX and Mike Knox/Gregory Helms Have a problem, there is no common ground for the teams to be split over

Thats the point of traditional Survivor Series match ups. None of them would ever make sense. That was apart of the appeal. You would see people teaming up that would normally never.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Stalfos wrote:
    Very nice :)

Surpised to see CM Punk and HHH in the ring at the same time so soon.

Is there history between the two of them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Keith C wrote:
    Is there history between the two of them??
    Apparently Trips and Stephanie don't like him, at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Tauren wrote:
    Apparently Trips and Stephanie don't like him, at all.

That might be just rumour though because this is from the December issue of WWE magazine:
    On his appearance at WrestleMania 22 when he was one of John Cena's gangsters, Punk said, "I remember sitting underneath the ramp before we were supposed to go out. I was there, dressed in my gangster clothes, with a Tommy gun, and I look over and there's Triple H, dressed like a Wookie or something. We looked at each other, and we started laughing. Here I am with my gun, there he is with his battle axe, or whatever. It was incredibly surreal."

I like the match-up for this Survivor Series. I'm interested to see if CM Punk's undefeated streak will carry him through the bout as I can't imagine him being the last member of his team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

The common ground is fairly straight forward, they've taken some of the faces form all three brands and are putting them up against some of the heels of the three brands. And as a result, you have feuds intertwining as Vince135792003 pointed out.
    Like the tradional SS matches of the late 80's alright, with 5 per team, but also a bit of the wild card style SS matches that they brought in in '96, with guys like DX and Punk teaming up who would not normally.It's a bit different to what i expected when i heard they were putting matches together with all three brands involved, i thought it would be in triple threat style, with a Raw team vs. SM Team vs. ECW team, but this should be good as well.
    I image they'll do sometime similar with the remaining main eventers - Cena with Batista and RVD vs. Booker, Big Show and Umaga and a couple more who i'm not sure of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

maybe bro's of distruction join cena, batista, rvd vs. umaga, big wuss, booker, finlay & k-fed! haha!!

ah the first match sounds good! wonder will hardys be left together after this ppv!

D-FENS wrote:
    The common ground is fairly straight forward, they've taken some of the faces form all three brands and are putting them up against some of the heels of the three brands. And as a result, you have feuds intertwining as Vince135792003 pointed out.
    Like the tradional SS matches of the late 80's alright, with 5 per team, but also a bit of the wild card style SS matches that they brought in in '96, with guys like DX and Punk teaming up who would not normally.It's a bit different to what i expected when i heard they were putting matches together with all three brands involved, i thought it would be in triple threat style, with a Raw team vs. SM Team vs. ECW team, but this should be good as well.
    I image they'll do sometime similar with the remaining main eventers - Cena with Batista and RVD vs. Booker, Big Show and Umaga and a couple more who i'm not sure of yet
    you missed my point d-fens, obviously it's faces against heels , but what i'm saying is each wrestler nearly has his own exclusive opponent without anyreason to dislike the others,
    take for example Edge and Orton, why should they be bothered with the hardys, in old survivor series they used to have the match somehow unfold by having 3-4 heels attack a face and the faces that came to the rescue would then join up to a 5 man team,
    with this there was no build up at all, or like the time they forced HBK to team with his current feud against yokozunas team, so they added ahmed to "watch his back", but this is just a case of make up the numbers on one side and then pick their feuds to fight them. maybe i want too much i was hoping for a three brand SS tag match also, i always thought something like the winning brand would get the headline slot at WM.

I'm hoping for Matt to lat out Edge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Have to admit I'm liking all this inter-brand stuff so far,bring back the classic SS matches,have the survivors in all earlier matches in the ppv have one big main event at the end,I used to love those! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

looking through the teams you can take various points
    edge orton v dx
    edge v hardyz [the good days of tag matches]
    edge v matt [the lita saga]
    jeff v nitro [the ic belt screw job]
    hardyz v helms [north carolina grudge match]
    hadryz v nitro [best of the past against 1/2 of the last best tag team]
    punk v HHH [due to punks use of a move called the pepsi plunge modified pedigree]
    knox v punk [the kelly kelly factor]
    knox v hardyz [wwe trying to make us remember hardyz v lesnar]
    HHH v helms [trips gets pissed coz helms keeps going on about being the longest reigning champ]
    punk v orton/edge [punk showing he should be main event already]
    i'm sure more can be read of this match but that's all i got for now

moongoose wrote:
    looking through the teams you can take various points
    edge orton v dx
    edge v hardyz [the good days of tag matches]
    edge v matt [the lita saga]
    jeff v nitro [the ic belt screw job]
    hardyz v helms [north carolina grudge match]
    hadryz v nitro [best of the past against 1/2 of the last best tag team]
    punk v HHH [due to punks use of a move called the pepsi plunge modified pedigree]
    knox v punk [the kelly kelly factor]
    knox v hardyz [wwe trying to make us remember hardyz v lesnar]
    HHH v helms [trips gets pissed coz helms keeps going on about being the longest reigning champ]
    punk v orton/edge [punk showing he should be main event already]
    i'm sure more can be read of this match but that's all i got for now

Gotta go with a lot of these points in fairness!

main one i gotta go with is a previous point that being
    MATT LAYING OUT EDGE!!!
    can only hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

To me, it does seem very thrown together. They should really be built up in some way, every ppv match should be. This is just separate feuds stuck into one match

And going by your logic Moongoose, you could stick any random 10 guys in a match and I could rattle off a load of feuds they've had in the past or possible reasons they'd want to fight. Doesn't mean it makes sense

Still, I think I'll have to check out the match Punk is in, it'd be nice to see if he "simulates" his way through it!

• Advertisement

not saying it makes sense but there are some reasons why this bunch have been throw together [even if from past events] but at least wwe are trying something different as opposed to doing something like building up punk & then have him eventually take out an unstoppable force like umaga [somoa joe] if they keep their current form up expect to see david arquett as world champ within 6 months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

If you thought that match was thrown together, they have announced a second one, another 5 on 5.

WWE Champion John Cena (Captain), Kane, Lashley, Sabu & RVD vs ECW World Champion Big Show (Captain), Test, MVP, Finlay & Umaga.

I'd presume another match would be Batista vs King Booker...

main 2 reasons for this match
    cena v big show [champ v champ 2/3 attempt]
    mvp & umaga v rvd & sabu [power ranger & somoa joe rip v the most "homicidal, suicidal, genocidal, death defying" tag team in wrestling history.
    lashley v finlay [slugfest mixed with power]
    kane v lepreachaun [hey better than the katie vick storyline]

how about batista with doinks old team of midgets v booker t with king lawlers old team of midgets ????
    worth it alone to see batista spinebuster a midget [how high will he bounce???]

3 matches were already announced on SD:
    Taker vs Kennedy, Booker vs Batista for the title, and Chavo vs Benoit

I'll just extend this spoiler in case some people who don't read it were expectin some more traditional SS matches, I wouldn't want to ruin their hopes!

Another match announced on WWE.com:

World Tag Team Champions "Rowdy" Roddy Piper & Ric Flair will be teaming up with Sgt. Slaughter & Dusty Rhodes (with Arn Anderson in their corner) to go against the Spirit Squad at Survivor Series.

Another match announced on WWE.com:

World Tag Team Champions "Rowdy" Roddy Piper & Ric Flair will be teaming up with Sgt. Slaughter & Dusty Rhodes (with Arn Anderson in their corner) to go against the Spirit Squad at Survivor Series.

I love Survivor Series! More Dusty Rhodes is never bad.

Seriously though, I think Survivor Series will do good business. Reverting it back to the traditional match ups makes it seem different and more special to the generic ppv.

does anyone feel that Rated RKO got the tag belts as pay off for Losing in the survivor series match, are WWE that predictable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Hard to say but its possible even likely

• Advertisement

It looks like they'd have won the belts anyway, someone had to cos Roddy Piper was taken to hospital and he's out of Survivor Series now. I don't know if WWE would put that much thought into compensating the losers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Kennedy is gonna end taker's career at SS he'll make his blood flow like a river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Xylophonic

Faarooq seems to be Piper's replacement, as he was in the ring on raw last night.

Xylophonic wrote:
    Faarooq seems to be Piper's replacement, as he was in the ring on raw last night.

I think it would be cool to see him back in the ring, especially when he only returned to our screens a few weeks ago. And since JBL seems to be itching to get into the ring, how about an APA reunion? lol
    d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Kennedy is gonna end taker's career at SS he'll make his blood flow like a river.

Seems as though Undertaker won't have such a big part in this match as he is said to have a severe rib injury, which he was working with throughout the European tour.

Another match added to SS on Raw, spoiler just incase some people haven't seen Raw yet:
    Women's title match: Lita vs. Mickie James, which is Lita's last match before retiring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

I think it would be cool to see him back in the ring, especially when he only returned to our screens a few weeks ago. And since JBL seems to be itching to get into the ring, how about an APA reunion? lol

Seems as though Undertaker won't have such a big part in this match as he is said to have a severe rib injury, which he was working with throughout the European tour.

Another match added to SS on Raw, spoiler just incase some people haven't seen Raw yet:
    Women's title match: Lita vs. Mickie James, which is Lita's last match before retiring
    I was really looking forward to see ken in a good match with the undertaker now it's going to be a real quick match because the undertaker won't be able to do anything with his injury.

Advertisement