Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing Cuddly Toys

Options
  • 07-11-2006 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

My daughters favourite cuddly toy (Cuddles the cat) is absolutely manky. He's no longer the marmalade cat he used to be. These days he's slowly changing to a tabby!

I want to clean it, but the instructions say "surface washable only". What should I use to clean the surface? I was thinking of a spray-on dry cleaner similar to what I use to clean the car upholstery.

Has anyone any better ideas. I don't want to put it through the washing machine in case the toy's 'insides' get damaged by water, or worse still rot and smell later on.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

If it's really a cuddly toy (i.e no hard face or whatever) lash it through the washing machine on a low heat gentle spin etc. Then make sure you dry it thoroughly all the while making sure that she doesn't see it ;)

It'll pay many more visits to the machine during its life...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

As a childminder I've to regularly wash soft toys. I put them in the washing machine on a low temp and slow spin, even the one's that say surface wash only. All toys come out ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Right - washing machine it is so. Now all I need is crowbar to prise it out of her hands!!!

Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement