Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a nail gun

Options
  • 07-11-2006 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭

thinking of buying one to do tongue and groove ceiling boars, plasterboard skirting and tongue and groove floorboards. looked at the tacwise 191 el pro or tacwise 500 el. would they be suitable , adequate anyone any experience ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

You should try the Woodcraft forum. Someone there will be able to help http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=530

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

IMHO you are better off with a Compressor and a pneumatic gun.
    I tried an electric one and it barely pushed a small tack into pine.
    I took it back and got a refund, and brought a Senco Finish nailer from Ebay 18 Gauge. The nail head is so small that you can hardly see them once they are driven in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

air all the way, i have the aldi gun (on a non aldi compressor admittedly) and it's the job, until your nailing away with no nails in the gun and the piece just falls back to the ground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

I'd agree with that, air guns are very good. I have the aldi gun, and compressor, which was great value. My only fault with the gun, is it leaves a slot shaped hole in the timber, as if it has driven a staple.

Advertisement