Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online purchase discrepency

Options
  • 07-11-2006 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

Mods feel free to move this.

I bought the "I know what you did last summer" box set like many other boardsies in bargain alerts. Famously, cdwow cancelled everyones order.
    They charges me €5.64 or something but only gave back just over €5.
    I know there is probably the exchange rate thing and its only a few cent, but shouldn't I get back exactly what I paid considering THEY cancelled my order??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Is that €5.64 on their bill/invoice or on your credit card bill? I'd expect the full amount back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭irishproduce

on my credit card statement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

That's out of cdwow's hands then. Did cdwow give back what they took?
    That's the cost of being a chancer. ;)

Not sure what you mean Karoma, they may have I dont know, but the cc statement shows what they took and what went on 1 week later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Point out the discrepancy to the CC company; if you don't receive goods, they're meant to cover the amount and claim it back on your behalf.

• Advertisement

Sure I will mention it to them in a mail tomorrow and see what happens.
    Its not that im complaining about the few cent its just I thought it was a bit cheek to first f all take my dvd off me and then not give back all of my money.

Thanks though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Does your CC statement show any foreign currency amount, or just the euro amount?

No, it shows both amounts in Euro amounts.
    Do you think I should mention it to them or to cdwow??

Advertisement