Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Genesis Reform

• 07-11-2006 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Genesis have announced plans to reform for a short European Stadium Tour next Summer. The last date on the tour, in Rome on July 14th will be a free concert, although there are no official details on how yet to get the tickets for this one. As of yet there is no announced Irish date. Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford and Phil Collins will return for this tour. Apparently the negotiations with Peter Gabriel didnt work out.

For those of you too young to remember, Collins left the group in 1996 and was replaced by former Stiltskin singer Ray Wilson for the 1997 album Calling All Stations after which the band took an indefinate hiatus. In the autumn of 2006, Peter Gabriel announced that Tony Banks, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford were rehearsing together again. On October 18th 2006, the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) announced that members of the band, including Phil Collins, Mike Rutherford and Tony Banks, had agreed to reunite for a world tour and were exploring the possibility of recording new material.

It was fully endorsed by the band today in London at a Press Conference around noon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The nearest they'll get here is two dates in England.

Genesis were at thier biggest on the back of Collins solo success 1981-1986 so it'll be intersting to see which part of the catalogue they give the lions share of stage time to. Not much from Foxtrot and Selling England by the Pound I imagine.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, their best days were with Peter Gabriel, without him I wouldn't have much interest. Something I'd love to see though, if he did rejoin them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I have their 1987 dvd where they played 3 sold out wembley arena gigs. Great stuff. If they go ahead I will certainly be there (if they play IE at all that is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 peacekeeper26

I would very much love to see Genesis live in concert.

If there are no Irish dates added to the tour, then I may consider attending one of the UK gigs - probably Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Why not organise a Boards.ie trip between Genesis fans and friends to the free concert in Rome next Summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

No chance of hearing the full version of Supper's Ready, you think? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Why not organise a Boards.ie trip between Genesis fans and friends to the free concert in Rome next Summer?

Considering Twickenham and Old Trafford have sold out, its about the only option left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jayemcee555

Genesis-Gabriel=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

I heard that Peter Gabriel wasn't ruling out touring or recording with Genesis again, but for the moment "the logistics didn't work out" - in fairness, that could mean anything...

Advertisement