Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OrvisInc.co.uk

• 08-11-2006 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Sorry but has anyone ever heard about or bought from a company in UK called OrvisInc? ( www.orvisinc.co.uk ) ???

They have fairly good prices but I have no idea if this is a genuine company or just an attempt to scam people...

Am I being ridiculous here? Just can't find anything about the company when I Google them !

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dont like the fact that its a .co.uk domain, And sells everything in $

The site looks verified. And rather new. As the copyright is 2005-2006.

If it was me i would stay away, Im just cautious like that. But for all i know they could be a reputible dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I'd steer clear as well worryingly little info about them on the net, not worth the risk.

Also if you take a look at some of the items like the Apple Mac's you will see they are shipping from South Korea ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Stay the hell away. The domain was only registered on October 19th.
    Also, there's this little gem that's sure to set off alarm bells:
    * We accept Western Union payments from international customers from all world

There's also the fact that the address on the domain registration is different to the address on their site (Oxford street, London - lol, right. This 2-bit piece of **** operation is on one of, if not the most expensive shopping streets in the world?). There's also the dodgy-ass English on their about page.

Check this out, apparently they're special and exempt from import duty! Wow!
    asshats wrote:
    Our goods are not assessed to domestic state tax, as the product is sold to you directly from the producer's stock.
    We don't have to pay custom duties while delivering the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭arthur_dent

Thanks for the feedback

Didn't like the Western Union / Moneygram thing my self!

:-)

Advertisement