Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2006 :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

That would be brilliant. He was the architect to the way the argentinian's played against serbia and seems to be exactly the type of player that ManU need in midfield. 22m is always pricey for whoever but it's better than 15m for a player who can't get into the england team over owen hargrieves(Sp?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

That would be brilliant. He was the architect to the way the argentinian's played against serbia and seems to be exactly the type of player that ManU need in midfield. 22m is always pricey for whoever but it's better than 15m for a player who can't get into the england team over owen hargrieves(Sp?)

I'd love mascherano to join United he would be a quality signing and still only 22 or 23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea mascherano and torres please. torres reminds me of c.ronaldo with one difference, he already seems like he is learnin well and ronaldo just isnt. its all about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Mascherano was always going to be pricey. I think Corinthians payed something crazy like $20million for him when they bought him from river plate. The thing about the Corinthians/MSI link is that its about profit. They'll definitely sell him, just not cheap. I'd be surprised at anything less than £20m.

I do and have rated him quite highly. I'd love to see him signed, but I reckon it'd mean that we're going to play 433. He does his best work when he sits in front of the defence breaks up the attacks and distributes posession.

It'd be great if we got Torres and Mascherano. Maybe another center midfielder on the cheap as well, just for cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

While Torres seems a possibility(due to nobody else really being interested at the moment), Mascherano seems hopeful thinking.

He would cost more than Diarra or really any other CM, while I think he would be worth it, and for me, he is a young Roy Keane, I don't know if we can afford him with other transfers.

Diarra or Cambiasso(preferably) or Gattuso or Mascherano

and

Reo-Coker(preferably) or Carrick

and

Ruud staying

and(post Mikel)

Ribery

Ribery isn't going to happen, it seems we're using the extra Mikel money to finance a top class replacement for Ruud.

United were meant to have 30 million to spend this summer.
    Ruud will bring in 10-15, plus the money from Mikel, funds the Torres/whoever bid.
    Leaves 30 million to spend on midfield.
    With Carrick looking to cost 12-14 million, that leaves us with 16 million.
    In order to bring in Mascherano, we will need to offload people, i.e. Slyvestre and Fletcher would be my guess. That would fund the move for Mascherano or Diarra or Cambiasso or whoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ribery wants to go to lyon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ideally, i would like united to sign Mascherano (or Diarra), Torres and a winger. i had hoped Ribery would be that winger but that now looks unlikely. Who i would go for now.... i do not know. Simao was linked with us a while back, and we could enquire about Joaquin, maybe to link him up with torres - but i can't reall thin of many.

Torres would be my replacement for Ruud, who i still think will be sold. I simply can not see Ruud being happy as a rotationaly player at United.

Mascherano would sit nicely in midfield protecting the back four, and then i would play (ideally) Scholes beside him, with David Jones being given the chance to prove himself when scholes needs to be rested. I still reckon Smith could do a job for us in midfield, and would do well beside mascherano. Even Giggs could be played beside Mascherano to good effect imo.

Right now, we only have two wingers i rate, ronnie and giggs - and that is why i would like us to go for a new winger, left or right sided. Park and Richardson are simply not good enough for perminent positions in the first team (taking over from giggs) so i think we need to invest there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Tauren wrote:
    Ideally, i would like united to sign Mascherano (or Diarra), Torres and a winger. i had hoped Ribery would be that winger but that now looks unlikely. Who i would go for now.... i do not know. Simao was linked with us a while back, and we could enquire about Joaquin, maybe to link him up with torres - but i can't reall thin of many.

Torres would be my replacement for Ruud, who i still think will be sold. I simply can not see Ruud being happy as a rotationaly player at United.

Mascherano would sit nicely in midfield protecting the back four, and then i would play (ideally) Scholes beside him, with David Jones being given the chance to prove himself when scholes needs to be rested. I still reckon Smith could do a job for us in midfield, and would do well beside mascherano. Even Giggs could be played beside Mascherano to good effect imo.

Right now, we only have two wingers i rate, ronnie and giggs - and that is why i would like us to go for a new winger, left or right sided. Park and Richardson are simply not good enough for perminent positions in the first team (taking over from giggs) so i think we need to invest there.
    I agree with you there about all those players, along with what you said about smith. If the right players are sold and we buy mascherano, torres and maybe ribery we could have a very good team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Don't agree with the statement about Park ji Sung. I think he could hold down a permanent position. He makes incisive and clever runs that if we coupled with a player who can spot them (Scholes) he could end up being a very important player. Also he never stops running. His level of fitness is amazing. I think he could be a very good player if used correctly.

Ideally I'd like to see mascherano & Torres brought in. Torres and CRonaldo would be very dangerous down the right. I've been very impressed with Torres in the WC so far. He general movement and contribution to the game is a lot better than Ruuds imo.

If they made those 2 signings and perhaps another utility midfielder then Chelsea could have a real challegne next season.

PS: Agree that Giggs could prove to be very useful kept central alongside mascherano. He's proved that this year.

fair enough about Park, we all have our opinions. to me he is a bit too much of a headless chicken who falls over a lot. he does make good runs, and he is a decent player, i just don't think he has 'it'. a solid squad player but not much more then that imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Didn't Marseille come out a while ago saying Ribery definitely would not go to Lyon, leaving Arsenal/Manu as (current) favourites if he was to move?

Yes, they did - but it really doesn't mean that much.

If Ribery doesn't want to play for l'OM, they will sell him. If Lyon is the only club he will accept a contract from, he will go to Lyon.

The only way i can see that changing is if United, or another big side, make an acceptable offer to l'OM and turn his head with an attractive footballing proposition and contract.

If he has his heart set on Lyon, that is where he will go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

all this talk about ribery, I'm not too sure its what United need. Masceranho, and Reo Coker would be brilliant signings...after that maybe an "out and out goalscorer" is needed, but nobody springs to mind. Is it too hopeful to think that Ole Gunnar will return to form and link up with W Rooney?

Trilla wrote:
    all this talk about ribery, I'm not too sure its what United need. Masceranho, and Reo Coker would be brilliant signings...after that maybe an "out and out goalscorer" is needed, but nobody springs to mind. Is it too hopeful to think that Ole Gunnar will return to form and link up with W Rooney?
    I like Reo-Coker, but i would prefer we give Jones a chance then pay out for a young english player with potential.

I think ribery would be a good signing because he can play left side, right side and through the middle. If we signed him, and played him with Torres (if we sign him) Rooney and Ronaldo, we would have 4 young and fast forward players, all capable of playing in each others positions (if only for short stints) which would provide a lot of pace and movement up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Tauren wrote:
    fair enough about Park, we all have our opinions. to me he is a bit too much of a headless chicken who falls over a lot. he does make good runs, and he is a decent player, i just don't think he has 'it'. a solid squad player but not much more then that imo.

Park is such a hard worker though, and I don't think Man U have seen the best of him yet. Imo, he's played much better for PSV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Park is fantastic squad player to have as backup. Very suprised that one or two fans want rid of him :confused:

SofaKing wrote:
    Park is fantastic squad player to have as backup. Very suprised that one or two fans want rid of him :confused:
    just to clarify, i do not want rid of park - i agree that he is a fantastic squad player, i just don't think he is good enough to be the first choice winger for United, he does not have the ability to take over from Giggs on the left, or playing on the right to allow Ronnie to play on the left. Nothing against the lad, i just think we need a better winger then him if we want to be topping the league and competing well in europe any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Reading the transfer gossip on BBC and united have put in a new bid of €14.2m for Carrick and apparently Ribery has turned down offers from united and arsenal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

From Redissue:
    The Times:

Manchester United are considering a move for Marcos Senna, the Spain midfield player. Sir Alex Ferguson has already lined up Michael Carrick for a transfer to Old Trafford and sees Senna as a dynamic accomplice.

The Brazilian-born player has spent the past four years playing for Villarreal and has impressed so much in recent months that he has forced his way into the Spanish national team at the age of 29. He was in the starting line-up for his country’s first two matches in the World Cup finals, although he was replaced at half-time by Francesc Fàbregas, of Arsenal, against Tunisia on Monday evening.

Ferguson, who is still seeking to replace Roy Keane, has made signing two midfield players his priority. Carrick will move from Tottenham Hotspur for about £12 million and the United manager wants a durable player alongside him. John Obi Mikel, the young Nigerian, would have been the ideal long-term solution but he has joined Chelsea from Lyn Oslo, the Norwegian club, with United receiving £12 million as a settlement after a protracted row.

Neither Carrick nor Senna could be regarded as A-list players in a summer when Chelsea have signed Michael Ballack, Andriy Shevchenko and Mikel at huge cost.

But Ferguson must work within a budget and that has already scuppered a move for Mahamadou Diarra, the midfield player whom Lyons valued at £20 million.

The return of Paul Scholes and Alan Smith from long-term injuries should reinforce Ferguson’s squad, but there is unlikely to be any big-name arrival at Old Trafford even if Ruud van Nistelrooy departs.

The Sun:

Manchester United have upped their bid for England star Michael Carrick to £14.2million.

Old Trafford chief Alex Ferguson is keen to strengthen his midfield and has identified the Tottenham ace as the man for the job.

An initial £10m bid was rejected earlier this month. But Fergie is determined to get his man and the new offer comes close to the valuation Spurs chief Martin Jol has put on Carrick.

A move to United is believed to appeal to the former West Ham midfielder, who is currently with England in Germany.

United have failed to replace former captain Roy Keane while doubts remain over Paul Scholes after a series of injuries.

Scuppered a move for Diarra? How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

From Redissue:

Scuppered a move for Diarra? How so?
    looking for a ridiculous amount of money. Its a good message to send out to other selling clubs that even though they want a player thay won't pay stupid money.

• Advertisement

The times has no idea what's going on ever, as is just linking United to any half decent DMC who is playing ok in the world cup, the Sun is just reporting what everybody knows anyway.

United won't do any new business until after the World Cup, unless something has already been starting. They don't like to get involved during the WC due to obvious reasons, and the only times a bid will go in is if it was started pre WC or if a team is knocked out.

Ultimately, everything will change after the Italian decision, which is still weeks away. I don't think United will blow all their money on an AMC, when Kaka could suddenly become availible :) or on a DMC, when Emerson suddenly becomes availible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Definitely going to have to wait for the world cup to finish and the results of the investigation before any solid moves are made I think.

Something tells me we wouldn't get Kaka though, I'd expect Inter/Real/Chelsea to get in ahead of us.

Well I don't really expect Milan to have to sell, it's Juve who will be the selling team. Milan being relegated is hugely unlikely.

Kaka is a dreamworld signing, but Madrid would probably be favorites to get him if Milan did get relegated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Why would Manutd pay £20million for Diarra, when they could get Michael Carrick and Zokora for probably £20million. Kaka would be a great signing but i think if he moved it would be to Real Madrid. As for Emerson of Juve, i would'nt touch him, he's to old now, never really rated him. I think Gilberto would do a better job for brazil then Emerson.

I can see the Month of July being a busy period for transfers, once the world cup is over its only 6 weeks to kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I doubt united will be signing any 29 year olds like Senna mentioned above. Uniteds age profile is pretty young. So with an eye on the long term developements of the team it makes sense to buy players in their early to mid twenties. Only chelsea can afford to pay hugh sums for players that only have two or three years at the highest level left in them.

Park is an excellent squad player but no more than that on his performances to date.

Why would Manutd pay £20million for Diarra, when they could get Michael Carrick and Zokora for probably £20million.

First off, they couldn't.
    Carrick appears to be costing about 14 million, and Zokora is linked with every club for at least 10 million.

Secondly, Zokora is not near Carrick's level, and Carrick is not near Diarras level. He has the potential to be no doubt, but if I had a straight choice, I'd pick Diarra.

Emerson is better than Gilberto, is only 29, and does his job very very effectivly. He is what makes Juventus, the Italian champions tick, and we would be incredibly lucky to get him.

PHB wrote:
    Carrick appears to be costing about 14 million, and Zokora is linked with every club for at least 10 million.

Secondly, Zokora is not near Carrick's level, and Carrick is not near Diarras level. He has the potential to be no doubt, but if I had a straight choice, I'd pick Diarra.

Emerson is better than Gilberto, is only 29, and does his job very very effectivly. He is what makes Juventus, the Italian champions tick, and we would be incredibly lucky to get him.
    If we do get carrick (and i bleedin hope not) i would like to see either Muntari or Appiah as well

PHB wrote:

This is the great thing about this, we all have are own opions on who manutd should sign. I think Zokora would be a better all round player then carrick and i having watched Diarra play, i think he is slightly over rated. Emerson i supose would be a good signing, but he doesn't make juve tick, but manutd need to be signing young players, we can't afford to spend silly amounts anymore like we did on ( veron, Forlan etc ) I would agree with singing Appiah and Muntari and i have to say Carrick is slightly overrated as well. I dont think he is the player we need.

I honestly think that manutd should Ronaldo and get £20 million for him, yeh he has great talent and all, but he just not doing for UTD, we would better signing Jaoquin and Duff or both?

I honestly think that manutd should Ronaldo and get £20 million for him, yeh he has great talent and all, but he just not doing for UTD, we would better signing Jaoquin and Duff or both?

He has a few years left on contract, and I'd give him one more season... I tihnk Duff has gone down hill majorly. but the reason for that is possibly Mourinho.give Ronaldo another go I say. united need to concentrate on DMC and SC positions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Any one else aware that Torres has a €90 million release clause in his current contract. Looks like Atletico are poised to offer him an extended contract also
    Atletico Madrid are keen to extend striker Fernando Torres' contract by an additional 12 months.

Torres is contracted to the Calderon outfit for another two seasons until the summer of 2008, but they want to retain his services for the long term.

The Spain international is currently impressing for his country in the World Cup and a number of clubs are purring over his undoubted talent.

However, Atletico are in no rush to sell and rather than cash in on their prized asset they want to retain his services for a longer period.

''We haven't changed our position: Torres is not for sale,'' confirmed club president Enrique Cerezo.

''We have made our intentions clear by offering him another year on his contract. Even if he doesn't sign it he has a contract with us until 2008.

''Our fans shouldn't worry that every goal he scores moves him further away from the club.

''Torres and Atletico are destined to continue together for many years.''

Premiership giants Manchester United are believed to be firm admirers of the 22-year-old, who has three goals in two games in Germany.

A number of Italian sides are also reportedly keen, but with a €90 million release clause, do not expect the offers to come flooding in.

Spain have already qualified from Group H and should Torres continue to find the back of the net, more clubs could join the race for his signature.

Source: Skysports

Aquos76 wrote:
    Any one else aware that Torres has a €90 million release clause in his current contract. Looks like Atletico are poised to offer him an extended contract also

Source: Skysports
    every spanish player has a buy-out cluase, so its not surprising.

as for the contract - they have always said they do nbot want to sell him but the rumour is Torres has said he would like to leave (and sign for united) but will not force the sale if Madrid do not want to sell. To me the contract offer is so they can say they tried their best to keep him. If they really wanted to tie him down they would offer him a much longer contract.

IT looks like Spurs are going to sign Zokora for £8.5million, having watched hime play for Ivory Coast, i think he will be a great signing and good value at that price, especailly if they sell carrick to manu for £14million, which i think is ay over the odds for a player who is slightly over-rated.

I see todays press are reporting that both Manu and Chelsea are battling it out for Torres, i really can't see how he could fit inot chelsea team with Shev and Drogba both there already and Drogba is discussing a new contract as well. I hope if the stories are true he signs for Manutd, i think him and rooney would be fantastic together. I watched the spain game the other day and Joquin was brilliant, there best player on the day and another player manutd should be looking to sign, probably get him for around £18million and a bargin at that, he is still only young. I had a bet on Argentina to win the world cup and the final to be Argentina V Spain:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

would you think that if Sir Alex is going for a player he would make a move by now, the more goals Torres gets the higher the price

Theres no way the club will sell yet, do you not think they realise his world cup preformances put up the price?

All the business will be done post WC, cause by then, the Italy situation will be obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

PHB wrote:
    Theres no way the club will sell yet, do you not think they realise his world cup preformances put up the price?

All the business will be done post WC, cause by then, the Italy situation will be obvious.
    good point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Notably Chelsea seem to be the only club to make any significant transfer moves before the world cup started. Only time will tell if that was shrewd business or not !

Agree though, Torres' value is going up by the game !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Torres' value has really been set at £25-27m, and will only go up if Chelsea join the action, nobody else will pay more than that. Beyond that, its up to Athletico if they want to sell, and Torres on where he wants to go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/worldcup/2006/0...s_main_man.html

"BADEN-BADEN - England's World Cup win against Ecuador was top of the agenda in Stuttgart - but there was a hot little rumour doing the rounds among the foreign media.

Namely, that Manchester United are close to sealing a £20m deal for Atletico Madrid's brilliant striker Fernando Torres.

Torres, a powerful goalscoring 22-year-old, has been an outstanding figure in a Spain side that looks like it may finally banish the years of under-achievement and make a major impact at a World Cup.

And the word on the World Cup grapevine in Stuttgart was that United are in pole position to sign Torres - although(surprise, surprise) Chelsea lurk in the background.

But one of the finest imports to English football in the last 25 years, a man with good contacts abroad and who now works in the foreign media, told me Spanish emissaries have already been dispatched to Manchester to find a home for Torres.

Time will tell if this is true, but if you are Manchester United fan, would you prefer the young and hungry Torres to the increasingly marginalised Ruud van Nistelrooy?"

Tauren wrote:

Time will tell if this is true, but if you are Manchester United fan, would you prefer the young and hungry Torres to the increasingly marginalised Ruud van Nistelrooy?"

can we have both please?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I really hope that is true.....ruud staying or not, torres has to be one of the most exciting young players of the tournament and could really add the killer edge to united that we so deperately need....I just hope Roman keeps his money in his huge pockets this time.

• Advertisement

sprinkles wrote:
    I just hope Roman keeps his money in his huge pockets this time.

i'd be more so hoping that torres knows where it'd be better for him to go! he goes to united he play's week in week out and gets paid well or can go and spend half the season on the bench with chelsea and get paid a few quid more! lets hope the boy has a good head on his shoulders and he's motivated by footballing factors rather than money!

but if it were just money then surely athletico could break the bank to keep him....?! he'd be well worth it!!! so i think he'll make the right decision and tell roman where to go with his cheque book!!

I hate to say this as i think Ruud has being one of the best strikers to play for Manu, but i honestly think it would be best if he moved on. I dont think he can repair the relationship he had with Sir ALex before all this started and it will never go back to being the same. I imagine that he will leave this summer and probably in the next 2weeks as holland have being nocked out, so he has more time and probably knows more to then he has let on. If Ruud did say next season, there will always be questions asked when he is droped and the rumours will never go away either. The only criticism i have of Ruud would be that he doesn't do enough when he hasn't got the ball, like closing down and tracking back, which i think was reason he was droped last night.

I think Torres would be a fantasic signing and would link up well with Rooney in the middle. I honestly think if Torres had the choice to move to Manu or Chelsea, he would choose manu, simply because he would be first choice every week and he plays football, because he he loves the game and wants to win trophies and not for the money un-like, Robben, Essien, Ballack. Both Essien and Robben had the choice to join Manu before and chose chelsea. MANU will always be a bigger club then chelsea, manutd has grown in size and wealth over the last 16years building the foundations for the future, unlike chelsea who have a sugar daddy and will always be small club with loads of money..

I really hope we dont sign Carrick. I did see today that Diarra of lyon has agreed to join Real Madrid if a certain person ( can't think of the name ) wins the election.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

skysports have CRonaldo wanting to move to Real..who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

You may be able to afford torres if Mir gets the Real Prresidency as he will bring in Ronaldo from united.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=372673&cc=5739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

seen that on sky myself,could`nt care less if he left,bit of a ponce imo

"I have gone with Villar Mir's project because it is serious and follows correct procedures.

If that's true, United will report Real Madrid for tapping up.
    Not too sure about this story, as it is in Marca, and it's pre-election time, and why would he come out and say it now pre-England's match, it doesn't sound like Ronaldo or how he speaks, and it just doesn't add up, so I'll wait till I see it confirmed, i.e. the video interview, or denyed.

Also, Would Ronaldo take the chance that after saying all that, the election is won by someone else and he has to face the wrath of everyone at Old Trafford?

If this was to happen, I'd guess at a transfer fee of 35 million sterling. Fergie rates Ronaldo incredibly highly, and there is just about no chance he wants to see him leave, especially considering he has 4 years left on his contract, and it's Real Madrid.

It was always going to happen, just thought it'd be a couple of years down the line

PHB wrote:
    It was always going to happen, just thought it'd be a couple of years down the line

I like ronaldo as a player but there are much more effective wingers around than him. If we can get 20-25 million for him then i'd be happy. Joaquin being one that springs to mind.

We should keep Ruud and get a winger who can supply him properly. We'll have a brand new striker if we do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I like ronaldo as a player but there are much more effective wingers around than him. If we can get 20-25 million for him then i'd be happy. Joaquin being one that springs to mind.

We should keep Ruud and get a winger who can supply him properly. We'll have a brand new striker if we do that.

Jesus, have patience will ya. The kid's only 20.

fade2black wrote:

he's a kid on 60 grand a week. He's on senior players wages. He's expected to perform like a senior player and in my opinion he came very close to what i'd consider consistent form last season but all i'm saying is we could get a better player than him for about 3/4 of his market value.

fade2black wrote:

yep hear hear... Ronaldo is bound to come good. The people to doubt him, did they ever stop to think what he may be like in 3 or 4 years time? He's learning and growing at the mo. Most go on about replacing Ronaldo, but

Ryan Giggs is no spring chicken,
    Ole is passed it and not a natural winger,
    the jury is out still on Richardson,
    Evra is shít, he's not a LB or a LM
    Park is a decent squad player but nothing more...

we do need a winger, but not because of Ronaldo's so called frailties.

Looks like Duff is stayin at Chelsea, I would love to have seen him at Old Trafford. All we need is a worldclass midfielder, striker and to a lesser extent a winger. that's all!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement