Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2006 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

they'll have some extra transfer money seeing as ronaldo probably wont play for them again, the sun will no doubt have pics of him being burned at the stake just like beckham in 98

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

they'll have some extra transfer money seeing as ronaldo probably wont play for them again, the sun will no doubt have pics of him being burned at the stake just like beckham in 98

Not at All Ronaldo, is a professional footballer , he was doing what he is paid for, He certainly will not get a hard time for that from United fans. I suppose opposing fans may try give him a hard time but whats new? United fans stood up for Beckham and I would be surprised if they did not do likewise for Ronaldo if he is still there.

On that note Fergie said the story is rubbish and Ronldo is going nowhere, I'm not so sure we''ll have to wait and see.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The Muppet wrote:
    He certainly will not get a hard time for that from United fans.

I totally agree with what you are saying muppet, but have you been over on RedCafe since the game finished.

Aquos76 wrote:
    I totally agree with what you are saying muppet, but have you been over on RedCafe since the game finished.

No I havn't been on there yet this evening.I suppose in the heat of the moment tempers will be running a little high but once he is back in a United Jersey I would imagine all will be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I see in today's press that Christiano Ronaldo has said that he will decide his future after the world cup; it’s obvious that he has had an offer to join them if Juan Miguel Villar Mir wins the presidential election. I think Ronaldo has already made his mind up to leave. The story linking him with Real was out last week and Ferguson denied it straight away, but Ronaldo never said it was or wasn't true, until today and after yesterday's game, he going to be slaughtered through out England when or if he comes back. I think Ronaldo has already made his mind up to leave.

I agree with Dunphy that the ref looked as if he was only going to give Rooney a yellow card, until he raised his hands and pushed Ronaldo away: confused: I honestly think its the right time to get rid and sell him to real for £20million and no less, we could use that and go and buy Joaquin from Real Betis who is looking to leave and looking for a new challenge, he has already stated that he is ready to leave Betis. I can't see Chelsea wanting to sign him; they have Duff, Robben, Cole and SWP.
    I also like to see Manu sign Javier Mascherano and Torres, these 3-players I think could put us back up on the top.

Im sure there a few worried Manu fans waking up this morning, worrying about next season if Ronaldo and Ruud leave, I am one, seeing the likes of petit and Carrick being liked with moves, doesn't have me jumping up and down. I may be jumping the gun a bit, but I can Spurs overtaking us next season qualifying for the champions league unless fergie get's his act together in the transfer market. I do believe that this may well be his last season in charge if its anything like last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I see in today's press that Christiano Ronaldo has said that he will decide his future after the world cup; it’s obvious that he has had an offer to join them if Juan Miguel Villar Mir wins the presidential election. I think Ronaldo has already made his mind up to leave. The story linking him with Real was out last week and Ferguson denied it straight away, but Ronaldo never said it was or wasn't true, until today and after yesterday's game, he going to be slaughtered through out England when or if he comes back. I think Ronaldo has already made his mind up to leave.

I agree with Dunphy that the ref looked as if he was only going to give Rooney a yellow card, until he raised his hands and pushed Ronaldo away: confused: I honestly think its the right time to get rid and sell him to real for £20million and no less, we could use that and go and buy Joaquin from Real Betis who is looking to leave and looking for a new challenge, he has already stated that he is ready to leave Betis. I can't see Chelsea wanting to sign him; they have Duff, Robben, Cole and SWP.
    I also like to see Manu sign Javier Mascherano and Torres, these 3-players I think could put us back up on the top.

i also think Ronaldo will be going

and i think Joaquin will be a brilliant replacement
    maybe even Ribery

this summer is very important for man utd
    it could make us or brake us
    and it all depends on Sir Alex
    im a bit worried :(

:) I'm glad im not the only one who is worried about next season. I do think this summer is make or break, especially for Ferguson as i can see a lot of people turning against him if things dont well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ronaldo will leave if Fergie decides it so, Rooney is irrelvent and he will get over it. If he leaves, it will be for a hell of a lot of money, I mean a hell of a lot. Fergie won't allow it otherwise.

Riqueleme has apparently been sought after and it has failed, which I'm happy about.

Carrick is looking unlikely, so it seems Reo-Coker is coming into the picture which I'm happy about.

The summer is not going well for United at all at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Juan Miguel Villar Mir has lost the presidential election at madrid and he was the only candidate looking to buy ronaldo! his move isnt looking so likely at the moment!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Very nervous about the whole transfer silliness...

We are in desperate need of new midfielders, and selling Ronaldo, our young talented winger would be damaging, though I loathe the little beggar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_1314035,00.html

Cristiano Ronaldo insists there is "absolutely no problem" between himself and Wayne Rooney - and is relishing returning to Old Trafford.

Portugal winger Ronaldo claims there is no ill feeling between him and his Manchester United team-mate Rooney after the England striker was sent off in Saturday's World Cup quarter-final between the two countries.

Ronaldo, speaking on the website of the Gestifute agency which represents him, says the pair have been in regular contact since the end of the match and have cleared the air.

Media reports in England have suggested the two players are at loggerheads following the incident, which saw Rooney push Ronaldo before being sent off in the quarter-final clash in Gelsenkirchen.

Some reports also suggested that Ronaldo will be hounded out of United for his behaviour.

"The things that have been said regarding me and my team-mate and friend Rooney are incredible," said Ronaldo. "Between me and Rooney, there is absolutely no problem. I reiterate, no problem.

"At the end of the game, we sent each other some text messages and also today. Between the two of us everything has been cleared.

"He wished me the best of luck in the World Cup. He told me we had a great team and that if we continued to play like this, we would go far.

"He wasn't angry with me and moreover, he told me to completely ignore what the English press has said, that all they wanted was to create confusion but we are already used to that."

Ronaldo said he had warm exchanges with his United team-mates before kick-off.

"Before the game, I spoke in the tunnel to my club team-mates Gary Neville, Rio Ferdinand and Rooney," he said. "We had a nice chat and we wished each other good luck."

Rooney, who had seemingly stamped on Portuguese defender Ricardo Carvalho before pushing Ronaldo, was shown a straight red card.

Ronaldo insisted he was not to blame for the dismissal.

"I am not a referee and I don't have the power to send off a player," said Ronaldo. "I had nothing to do with the fact that the referee showed the red card."

Ronaldo has brushed aside suggestions he will leave Old Trafford this summer, despite reports that he is keen to join Real Madrid.

"There have been comments published in which I reportedly said that I didn't want to go back to Manchester United," he said.

"That is completely false, of course I want to go back.

"It's just typical of the English press but I don't lose any sleep."

After the game had finished goalless after extra time, Ronaldo scored the winning penalty which sent Portugal through to a semi-final meeting with France.

"When the decision was going to be taken on who will take the penalties, I asked Scolari if I could take the last one," Ronaldo said. "I like to take penalties and to score them.

"Why did I ask to be last? Because I like to take responsibility and because I had a strong feeling that I was going to be the one to resolve the game."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

That post made my friggin' day!

To round up

Ronaldo:

"There have been comments published in which I reportedly said that I didn't want to go back to Manchester United," he said.

"That is completely false. Of course I want to go back. It's just typical of the English press but I don't lose any sleep."

Rooney:

"I bear no ill feeling to Cristiano but am disappointed that he chose to get involved," added Rooney.

"I suppose I do though have to remember that on that particular occasion we were not team-mates."

RoRoRo is the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

It's nice to see Rossi has signed a new deal. I hope he gets his chance next season

link

Because of Capello to Real Madrid, new rumours are bound to emerge about Van Nist going to Real, because Capello is a long term admirer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Capello's gone to Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

It's nice to see Rossi has signed a new deal. I hope he gets his chance next season

he's a great talent and he deserves his chance! good to see he's extended his contract!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Word on the ST is that thew new Real chairman has told spanish press he ahs verbally agreed with agents and players the signing of cappelllo,ronaldo,robben,kaka and fabragas.

Cappello is gone and kaka will go too because of ac milan getting relegated.

I cant see Robben leaving really.

I hope Ronaldo stays, cause if he want sto become a gr8 player united is the place, madrid have never created a great star really, they jsut buy already made stars

Fabragas will be going aswell i think.

But with the absolute collapse of the italian league, interesting summer ahead.

• Advertisement

Word on the ST is that thew new Real chairman has told spanish press he ahs verbally agreed with agents and players the signing of cappelllo,ronaldo,robben,kaka and fabragas.

Cappello is gone and kaka will go too because of ac milan getting relegated.

I cant see Robben leaving really.

I hope Ronaldo stays, cause if he want sto become a gr8 player united is the place, madrid have never created a great star really, they jsut buy already made stars

Fabragas will be going aswell i think.

But with the absolute collapse of the italian league, interesting summer ahead.
    Rumour is that Juve will be the only team relegated, with Milan and the rest receiving a fine and points deduction. I can't see Kaka leaving unless they get relegated. Cesc won't leve either imo. His agent has moved to deny any move already and he seems happy with arsenal and wenger.

As for Robben, I think he will go. There's not much room at chelsea for him. Chelsea need to get rid of at least 2 wingers to adopt the 442 they seem destined to use.

Ronaldo be a united player next season. If he's not then everything he said this week has been a lie and united will get a massive cheque.

All in all I think Madrid are acting unprofessionally by unsettling players with little or no foundation to most of the claims. All of the clubs involved have moved to dismiss the rumours and if madrid have talked to the players with out consent of the clubs then FIFA should act on it and ban them from transfer dealings.

Pics of some of the lads back in pre season training. Liam Miller and Ben Foster are also back.

The AIG doesn't look as big....thank god!

sprinkles wrote:
    The AIG doesn't look as big....thank god!

No it doesnt'. I looks fine actually. Here are some more of the actual kit

I forgot we had a new jersey for this season coming out. Im very impressed , i think i will have to purchase one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

i thought they were changing the logo during the summer.
    the jersy is nice but the logo is just too plain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I forgot we had a new jersey for this season coming out. Im very impressed , i think i will have to purchase one :)
    A new player to put on the back would be nice :(

I like the georgie best style socks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Logo looks terrible, looks like a fake jersey!

Whats the story with Foster this year? Will he be at United?

Anyone else worried about the lack of signings? There has been alota talk in the past that didnt produce any signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hopefully i can put riquelme on the back of mine. or any of the juventus or ac milan squad too. ;)

Fergie expects Ruud to turn up to pre-season training, this just gets better and better :)

• Advertisement

Anyone else worried about the lack of signings? There has been alota talk in the past that didnt produce any signings.

Not at all, when they are paying wages up to 100k a week there is benefit in waiting until pre season starts in earnest before signing new players. united will get their business done before the start of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The Muppet wrote:
    Not at all, when they are paying wages up to 100k a week there is benefit in waiting until pre season starts in earnest before signing new players. united will get their business done before the start of the season

good point. Do people still think Ribery will be worth it as a signing for Utd? I dont rate him that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

nah i dont think he is too good myself. a lot of players are highly rated in the french league and just really arent that good.

United have enquired about Kuszczak

I have a feeling we'll bring someone in in the next week or so. Fergie will want to include any new players in his pre-season preparation.

I'd like to see any of these join: Mascherano, Diarra, Gattuso, Carrick, Riquelme, Cahill, Muntari (in that order).

Fergie also expects Ruud back with the rest of the world cup players for training on the 18th. I think this is good news. Hopefully he'll settle back in and all will be forgotton. It costs a lot of money to replace the goals that RVN scores even if the actual players market value has decreased. Torres wouldnt score as many as Ruud in his first couple of seasons at OT.

I'm hoping that the reason there has been no news about transfers is to stop chelsea being involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

id be very happy with that kuszczak deal. he seems to be a very good young goalkeeper and with the deal maybe including a loan for rossi or richardson that would let them gain first team experience

edit: i just found this but it is from the sun so im sure its not true but it would be nice
    Marcello Lippi will quit as Italy boss after the World Cup final and is being lined up to work alongside Manchester Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson. (The Sun)

To work alongside Fergie?
    Isn't Lippi a top class coach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Director of football I think. Imagine someone with tactical nous at the top in OT? While Fergie was a great man manager, this has never been his strongest suit.

I dont care what way they work things out as long as Queriozzzz is sidelined.

Director of football I think. Imagine someone with tactical nous at the top in OT? While Fergie was a great man manager, this has never been his strongest suit.

I dont care what way they work things out as long as Queriozzzz is sidelined.

I totally agree with you. I think Quieroz is incompetant at the level he's currently working at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Lippi is being linked as replacement for Ferguson in the Italian press. Just a page filler surely as I don't see Fergie going anywhere.

United have enquired about Kuszczak

so Ben Foster has a bit more to do to break into the first team squad, is he gone completely from the scene? Id like to see United to splash some cash, with the money recruited from the Obi Mikel deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lippi as Something Manager for a year to be integrated into Man Utd history.....Not a bad idea tbh. Good manager and a decent 11 to take over with the option of more (is he picking who Utd buy now? )

/didnt liverpool try that with GH ?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

"Ronaldo intends to leave Man Utd"
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/5120332.stm

Utd should get £25mil for him easy I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I'm shocked he wants to leave. This would be a big blow for United. I don't know who we could get to replace someone like Ronaldo. Sure, Simao might do the trick, but it's bad news. Very bad news... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I'm shocked he wants to leave. This would be a big blow for United. I don't know who we could get to replace someone like Ronaldo. Sure, Simao might do the trick, but it's bad news. Very bad news... :(

Replace him??? He is nonsense of the highest calibre.
    All the talent in the world but no footballing brain. Man u will be better off withtout this diving cheat, wasteful and selfish player. Good riddance....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Keyzer wrote:
    All the talent in the world but no footballing brain. Man u will be better off withtout this diving cheat, wasteful and selfish player. Good riddance....

Very true, most united fans seem to have convinced themselves that a few fancy tricks and a nice tan makes for a great player. Enough of this potential nonsense, he's not up to it at the very highest level (I'm not talking about the champions league or anything, but the guy will never be zidane or ronaldinho). He's had a good few seasons at United now and doesn't seem to have learnt his lesson. He's got a bad attitude towards the game an needs to play with the team and develop and end product. Particularly work on his crossing. Beat all the defenders you want down the wing, when your cross doesn't beat the first man or goes behind the goal line it doesn't make a difference. As an Arsenal fan I'm praying he stays. If United get big money for him and go out and get themselves a proper winger, well I wouldn't be too pleased.

I agree, he is half the time a headless chicken on the field and he has very little final product. There will be alot of pressure on him next season with the media hype, and if Utd were to get €25+ it would be good businees. I dont like him divin every second tackle, its a bit sad to see alright.

Yet maybe this is wishful thinking but he still is 20 years old, and the talent he has at this moment can be considered potential. Ian Wright didnt make the big time til he was 25, and extreme example but one non the less. I just think he has more to offer, he is still very young and maybe just maybe one more season (should a big bid doesnt come in and media eases off) mightent be a bad thing for both player and club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Problem is now that he has confirmed that he wants to leave, clubs wont offer as much money for him. As they'll have no other option than to get rid of him. I wont be suprised if they get 15m max. Same thing happened with beckham, united wanted to get rid of him so real madrid ended up paying a lot less than barcelona offered. And they were meant to get money for madrid reaching certain stages of the champions league which they didnt reach. If it was arsenal or someone else selling beckham at that time i'd bet they would have sold him for an awful lot more. United just like paying over the odds and selling for as cheap as they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Keyzer wrote:
    good riddance to Ronaldo
    iv enough of the diving and no end product

UTD need a proper winger like the Real Betis winger Joaquin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The Lippi thing is bollix anyway, he cant even speak english! And by his own admission after the world cup hes jumping in his boat and going sailing for a month so I think that puts paid to that!

Ronaldo, take a step back and think about it....the Real president made a few nice comments about Ronaldo, he comes back then with "honoured" and all the other lick arse words you would expect...fast forward 10 days and he stitches up one of his Utd team mates.Result ! He now has an untenable position at his club and also with every single fan at an english ground.

Maybe we should take him back when he learns how to cross a ball?

We shouldnt take less than 18m for him though.

Diarra we wont get, hes off to Real, dont believe he is that good anyway tbh.

Id say the best we can hope for is pick up a bargain from Juve and hopefully Carrick, cant say Im over optimistic about the new season :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

When you see the decisions he makes on the pitch you very quickly realise he is a very selfish player. When you watch him in the world cup, constantly looking up to the big screens and posing, you realise he is a ponce. When you see him constantly diving you quickly realise he is a cheater. When you see him try to cross a ball and land it in Poland you realise there isnt much beyond that pace of his.

I despise virtually everything about this guy. I have always questioned his loyalty.

However his pace has been a big help for a poor United midfield. And its this midfield that we are meant to be strengthening not weakening. So this is bad news in the short term at least.

I was worried about our lack of speed in the transfer market. This is multiplied now as we have to scramble to find a winger and central midfielders.

Advertisement