Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2006 :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

too afford both gattuso and Pirlo would you not need to sell both Roandl and RVN? Apperantly real madrid are interested in Ronaldo now.

Not suprised. The president in charge now never stated he wanted Ronaldo. It was the other candidate who didnt get elected. I cant see Capello being interested in him either. Anyone who saw he during the world cup would be majorly put off signing him

Fingers crossed he stays at man united for many more seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I cant see Capello being interested in him either. Anyone who saw he during the world cup would be majorly put off signing him

Capello on Ronaldo

"He is a Manchester United player.

"Everyone wants to come to play here and I think he really wants to and this is good news for me.

"We will have to wait and see but at the moment I cannot say anything."
    Fingers crossed he stays at man united for many more seasons.

Indeed

---

The cash is there to buy Gattuso and Pirlo, after you include the budget + mikel money + ruud money, whether or not that happens I think is the question. I would be very suprised if it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I have to say i can't see manu siging both Pirlo and Gattuso from milan. I never really rated Gattuso, but having watched him in the world cup, he could do a job for us. I dont think pirlo would be a good signing, i think he is slightly over rated, ok i think he had a better world cup then zidane, but that wasn;t hard.

I'm not looking forward to seeing 2moro's sport head lines, no doubt there will be more to follow RVN, Ronaldo and now it looks like heinze as well:eek: Im really not looking forward to the new season at all and as for buying the new home jersey, i was kind of waiting to see who they buy as i was think of geting a name, it looks like i could be left with? Fletcher, Ferdinand etc, which i dont really fancy.

I saw on the sport news tonight that the Iker Casillas could be part of the RVN deal, but its all load of c*ap at the moment, i dont really believe anything in the papaers until i see them with the jersey on the news / paper, but then i think back to Jon Obi Mikel:rolleyes:

Manu want to get there act together quickly, its only 5weeks to start of the new premier season.

but its all load of c*ap at the moment
    now it looks like heinze as well

You don't believe the good, but believe the bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

PHB wrote:
    You don't believe the good, but believe the bad.
    Good point.

I will reserve my impending joy at the arrival of Torres/Pirlo/Gattuso/Diarra/Ribery/etc etc... in the same way I'll hang onto my Ronaldo Poster (;)) until I see him in another jersey.

Nothing has happened yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

sprinkles wrote:
    Good point.

I will reserve my impending joy at the arrival of Torres/Pirlo/Gattuso/Diarra/Ribery/etc etc...

Yeah agreed...bar Ribery. Over-rated and prob overpriced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Trilla wrote:
    Yeah agreed...bar Ribery. Over-rated and prob overpriced

26m bid for Ribery from Real, who must think they are on supermarket sweep lol

Muppets.

As for Utd, if we let RVN go and get hargreaves then I think I'll start following st.pats next season ;)

Letting Heinze go would be THE biggest mistake Utd have made in the transfer market in recent years.Id be gutted I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

Real made a bid for Ribery? Where did you hear this?

United cannot let Heinze go. It would be a massive error, I agree. He's a hugely important player for us. It's a pity he didn't get a long run last season due to his injury.

I think we should stay optimistic for new signings. And it's true that Ronaldo could well be at United next season. No need to worry until something is confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

just seen on sky sports that ronaldo will not be sold under any circumstances.no link atm though

• Advertisement

This Heinze story has absolutely no foundation whatsoever. I have yet to see any quote from the player or his agent or indeed confirmation from either club that a bid has been made or accepted/refused.

I think Fergie knows just how important Heinze is to the team. He's arguably our most important defender and should prove so this year. Our defence at the minute is looking like the only part of the team that is solid, if Heinze left we United would severely struggle this year.

As for Ronaldo, I think it was just a huff he was in and he'll get over it. I fully expect Ronaldo to be in a united shirt this season. The thing that's worrying me the most is that no new signings have been made.

Arsenal, chelsea and Liverpool have all stregthened their squads and United have instead released players and then there's the Ronaldo/Ruud stories. For a summer that was supposed to be the rebuilding of a great team it's turning out to be majorly disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

ronaldo is not for sale according to the man utd website
    http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=345704&itype=466&icategoryid=120

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

BFassassin wrote:
    ronaldo is not for sale according to the man utd website
    http://www.manutd.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=345704&itype=466&icategoryid=120

good news! we need to build up the squad not let players go but if he doesnt improve this year then maybe fergie might consider letting him move on next summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I have a strong feeling that Ronaldo will be in a United shirt this coming season. It has all been blown out of proportion by the press, who simply want a tasty story. Then again, Ronaldo hasn't helped either with his quotes.

Yes, it is getting alarming that United still have not signed any players. We should really get moving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Then again, Ronaldo hasn't helped either with his quotes.

Which goes straight to the fact that he wants to leave united. The latest story is to up his price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

jank wrote:
    Which goes straight to the fact that he wants to leave united. The latest story is to up his price.

If you look at the last few lines of their statement....eg

"The club will not listen to any offers for Cristiano.

"Cristiano is one of the brightest young stars in world football as demonstrated by his performances at the World Cup and Manchester United is not in the business of selling their best young players."

In other words they are publicly trying to up his value by saying how good he is and how valuable an asset he is. They are just covering their arses so when he does leave for Real or wherever else they can say "It was an offer we couldnt refuse"

• Advertisement

Dida linked with United, again no proof......

Sky Sports wrote:
    ....."There are possibilities for me to continue at Manchester United, but there are other possibilities as well," Ronaldo is quoted in the Portuguese media.

"Everything is open. If I have to leave Manchester United I don't want to leave on bad terms because it is a club that has contributed to my evolution as a human being and as a professional.

"It is an issue that has to be discussed in the next few days. For the time being I want to distance myself from football. The most important thing is to rest and go back to Madeira.

"I have no reason to leave the club, they have always supported me, they always gave me guarantees of being able to evolve as a player.

"There is still nothing concrete. During this week I believe the issue will be resolved.

"If it's a question of staying there it will be fine, if I leave it will also be fine.

"It is still a question that has to be decided, I have four days to resolve it."

linky

So all should be answered in the next 4 days.

this really isnt turning into the summer the fans wanted! more rumours od players going than coming in! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

county wrote:
    just seen on sky sports that ronaldo will not be sold under any circumstances.no link atm though

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=402517&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=2&title=Ronaldo:+Staying+would+be+fine

TBH I hope hes sold. Its "fine" if he stays. Yeah we really want someone like that playing for United.

United are prob resigned to selling him but are saying theres no way only to ensure a very good selling price. Plus making the little twat sweat a while. The money will be better off spent on someone who wants to play for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

bucks73 wrote:
    United are prob resigned to selling him but are saying theres no way only to ensure a very good selling price. Plus making the little twat sweat a while. The money will be better off spent on someone who wants to play for United.

at least this way it puts it back on the player and any club who may be interested. In that the only way he'll get a movel is to put in a transfer request at which point united don't have to pay out the remaining years of his contract or a potential buyer will have to offer mega bucks to get him.

• Advertisement

What probably happened was:

Ronaldo set he wanted to leave.
    United said, we want 40 million sterling.
    Real Madrid said no way, he ain't worth that much
    Ronaldo in a bind, says he is willing to stay at United

The future:
    Ronaldo stays at United for 2 more years, until he is actually worth 40 million
    Real buy him for that price then

Everyone saves face etc. etc. etc.

PHB wrote:
    The future:
    Ronaldo stays at United for 2 more years, until he is actually worth 40 million
    Real buy him for that price then

Everyone saves face etc. etc. etc.

Eh, I dont think so. I cant see how he is even worth 5 million. IMO he offers nothing to United. If Real are willing to give some stupid amount like 20 million I would snap their hand off while laughing and then go and buy 1 or 2 players who actually WANT to play for United, have a professional attitude and contribute to performances on the pitch.

Plus as I have maintained all along if the little cry baby leaves then the situation with Ruud can be resolved. And Ruud is far far far more important than that flash harry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

sell him buy someone like joaquin and have about 10 mil left over to purchase another top player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

bucks73 wrote:
    Eh, I dont think so. I cant see how he is even worth 5 million. IMO he offers nothing to United.
    Was it 12 goals last season or something like that?
    The lad is class. Get off the "cheater" bandwagon. The guy's a tool but he has the potential to do amazing things with a football and i'm sure sir alex realises this, despite the idiots that have made him the face of all the diving and cheating that goes on in football.
    Eh, didn't zidane bury his forehead into materazzi's chest in the biggest football match of the past 4 years? But people still say "ah but what a player"
    Ronaldo went to the ref after seeing his team mate's balls squished and asked for him to do something about it.
    Jebus Christ. I could go on but it would only mean more things for some of you to disagree with.

Ive never been a fan of his even before the world cup. I have said in earlier posts and in other threads that IMO United will not win the league with him in the team. He is just baggage.

Too many show pony tricks with very very little end product. 12 goals maybe but Im sure if you compared his goals and assists to Beckhams, Giggs and Kanchelskis at the same period in their United careers he would be some way behind.

Never liked him, never will. And the cause of Ruud prob being sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Is there any solid talk of United buying anyone? Central midfield is in ruins atm. The Diarra talk seems to have died away, as does the Carrick talk. Riquelme was always unlikely. Who else? If the Italian clubs collapse, hopefully there would be someone coming out of there (Gattuso?), but other than that...?

Our front 6 next season, atm:

Rooney---Ruud
    Park--Giggs--Scholes--Ronaldo

Giggs, at best, is an average central midfielder. Park is a squad player. Scholes is unlikely to be anywhere near his old self. Ronaldo may be leaving, Ruud probably will be. So we're left with Rooney. And what about cover? Saha, and Smith to come back. Then O'Shea, Fletcher and Rossi? Lord... Versus Makelele, Ballack, Robben, Shevchenko, Crespo, Lampard, Essien, Duff, Cole, Wright Phillips, Mikel, Drogba, Kalou at Chelsea?

Do something SAF!

in all fairness Giggs did excellent playing center mid but he is better down the middle. park is excellent he just needs his chance. oshea and fletcher just arent good enough for a squad that is supposed to be title contenders. and alan smith... again not the best as a center mid. they have to sort out every position really. the two center mid player there are gettin old, as is neville. rio is safe as is rooney and heinze but thats it really. maybe evra will do somethin and heinze can go center back. then at least the defence would be more solid.

Carrick will join

We are great in defense, with huge huge depth, and up front, assuming Ruud doesn't leave, we are perfectly fine. Midfield is the only problem area.

We have atm Scholes and Jones there, so two players are needed for us to be doing well.
    With Carrick joining, one more,

and then a replacement for anyone who leaves, Ruud or Ronaldo, we should be set to secure 2nd and then mount a challenge.

No need to worry yet, plenty of time, and all the transfers will happen post Italian decesion anyway, even if its not for the Italian players.

Fingers crossed Rossi comes on and brings the form he showed in reserves to the first team, and Ole to come back to near full fitness.This with a hopeful arrival of Gattuso and another winger, and if Ruud leaves a striker is needed. Id settle for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Apperently the only club that will be relegated will be Juve. The rest will start with point deductions. I wouldnt be too suprised. Only reason i can think Fiorentina dediced to sign Mutu and he decided to join them.

• Advertisement

Well there goes the ideal player united needed going to them should it be only Juve goin down. Shame, Gattuso seemed to me like the ideal and only realistic target to fill that whole in midfield. I guess its just a matter of waiting to see if Fergie really has something up his sleeve regarding the transfer market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Trilla wrote:
    Well there goes the ideal player united needed going to them should it be only Juve goin down. Shame, Gattuso seemed to me like the ideal and only realistic target to fill that whole in midfield. I guess its just a matter of waiting to see if Fergie really has something up his sleeve regarding the transfer market.

I just cant see top Italian players moving to England. So I never get my hopes up about any stories linking us to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

Heinze happy to stay link

Whatever about Ronaldo or Ruud i think everyone knew there was no truth in this story.

Fergie!!!!
    Give Corinthians 25 million for Mascherano and blood Jones with scholes as back up and then we're sorted.

We've Heinze fully fit, an in form Ferdinand and hopefully Rooney will be on a world cup rebound similar to that of Beckhams after his sending off in 98. It'll be a good season next year.

wasnt that beckhams last season though?

evad_lhorg wrote:
    wasnt that beckhams last season though?

No, Beckham was sent off in 98. Every United fan knows what happened the year after that. He left for Madrid at the end of 2002-2003 season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

http://www.corriere.it/Primo_Piano/Sport/2006/07_Luglio/13/mercato.shtml

According to Corriere Ibrahimovic has agreed terms with Inter, allowing the departure of Adriano in exchange for C Ronaldo. BTW, it also says 38 year old Paulo De Canio has signed for Serie C side Cisco Roma

nipplenuts wrote:
    allowing the departure of Adriano in exchange for C Ronaldo.

No chance of this being true! but however much i think Ronaldo will be great i wouldnt mind that swap! but could Adriano make it in the premiership!? he was anonymous at the WC!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Wow, that looks so much better than the old www.manutd.com

• Advertisement

A little off topic...
    Fat Sam wrote:
    ........Allardyce told the club's official website, [url]www.bwfc.co.uk:[/url] "Didi Hamann is a history breaker. I am the only manager to get £400,000 for a player who never kicked a ball for the club."

He clearly hasn't heard of Obi Mikel

PS: New website looks cool. Easier on the eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Aquos76 wrote:
    Wow, that looks so much better than the old www.manutd.com

The old site is horrible. How many bloody navigation bars??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the heinze story is indeed rubbish, as is every story that the sun has printed over the past 2 weeks, the amount of anti united bulls**t that they
    write is unreal. ronaldo will stay, ruud will stay and we will prob sign carrick and one more cheap player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, the word of Carlos Queiroz, for what it's worth, is that Ronaldo is indeed staying. His exact words were 'there is no doubt that he will be here next season'.

I just hope that if Ronaldo leaves that he insists his "daddy" goes with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

. ronaldo will stay, ruud will stay and we will prob sign carrick and one more cheap player.

Ruud will not be a United player next season, that will remove one of Ronaldo's problems and he may stay. United and Tottenham are a bit apart on their valuation of Carrick so it remains to be seen if either is prepared to shift their position.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

The Muppet wrote:
    Ruud will not be a United player next season, that will remove one of Ronaldo's problems and he may stay. United and Tottenham are a bit apart on their valuation of Carrick so it remains to be seen if either is prepared to shift their position.

Agree its either one of the other. I think its a good idea to sell Ruud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Looks like Diarra might be an option again, more than likely Madrid bound though
    Mahamadou Diarra has reopened the possibility of leaving Lyon after revealing he is upset with coach Gerard Houllier.

The Mali international is among the most coveted midfielders in Europe, with Manchester United and Real Madrid hoping to sign Diarra.

Reports have suggested Real, now under the charge of Fabio Capello, are likely to win any bidding auction for the 25-year-old.

The situation was clouded earlier this week when Houllier claimed that Diarra wanted to stay at Stade Gerland to help Lyon win another French title and the UEFA Champions League.

But the African powerhouse has refuted his manager's comments, insisting it is not definitive that he will remain with l'OL.

Diarra is unhappy with Houllier for being his mouthpiece and concedes he could secure a transfer before the start of the new season.

"I know the club relies on me and I also rely a lot on the club," said Diarra.

"I didn't allow anyone to talk in my place.

"Today, I am open to any proposition."

Houllier, though, remains unrepentant and is adamant that the midfielder wants to help Lyon's quest for further honours.

"Mahamadou Diarra will not leave," he told Le Progres. "He wants to win the league title and the Champions League with us."

Juventus will be demoted to Serie B, with a deduction of fifteen points, for their part in the match-fixing scandal that has rocked Italy, according to reports.

Fiorentina and Lazio are also set to be demoted when the official verdict from the trial is announced later today.

While reports in the Italian press claim that AC Milan will not suffer a similar fate, they will be chucked out of the Champions League – as will both Juve and Fiorentina.

It remains unclear which club will be adjudged to have 'won' Serie A last season. Juve will be stripped of the championship, but it is inconceivable that it would then be handed to the tainted Milan instead. City rivals Inter Milan, who finished third, may yet be handed their first title since 1989.

Although Juve have publicly vowed not to sell their star players in the event of relegation, demotion to Serie B is expected to cost the club £50m in lost revenue and could prompt the Turin giants to sell as many as seven first-team players.

AC get away with it.....

i wonder if fergie will make a bid for Viera now Juve are relegated and Milan stayed up... I hope not!!

jobonar wrote:
    i wonder if fergie will make a bid for Viera now Juve are relegated and Milan stayed up... I hope not!!
    I'll second that

• Advertisement
Advertisement