Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2006 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Well I have said all along they will definitely win nothing without him. The likes of Saha or Ole arent going to get the necessary 20 plus goals.

And IMO he had every right to have a go at that overgrown child ronaldo. If I was him waiting inside the box and I saw yer man firing crosses wide or long or falling down or shooting from stupid positions I would get pissed off pretty quick too. Not a disruptive influence....just speaking his mind. And quite rightly too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

bucks73 wrote:

And IMO he had every right to have a go at that overgrown child ronaldo. If I was him waiting inside the box and I saw yer man firing crosses wide or long or falling down or shooting from stupid positions I would get pissed off pretty quick too. Not a disruptive influence....just speaking his mind. And quite rightly too.

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

here here mate and well said that little cry baby girl ronaldo needs a good boot,god if only vinny jones was still playing he would take the michael flattley dancing out of ronaldo.

i,m a big big man utd fan love the club i do,but i feel so sorry for ruud hes get treated very badly.and old purple nose (ferguson) is beginning to piss me off big time.

chelseas title again this season with a doubt man u and the rest have bought nothing worth talking about.

bucks73 wrote:
    Well I have said all along they will definitely win nothing without him. The likes of Saha or Ole arent going to get the necessary 20 plus goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ronaldo - a talented just turned 21yr old fast wizz kid with massive potential...however he will be massive target for media, has a poor end product, dives every 2nd or 3rd tackle, frustrating at times and seems like he belongs on stage or in a circus in some games rather than on the pitch. Tough one and a weird awkward situation at OT.

RVN - now this guy was and still can be a World class striker. Got nearly everything...however, we dont know the ins and outs of the scenarios that unfolded at OT. What was said to who, what was done etc. You got to remember he had run ins with the PSV camp in his career early on, and fell out with Davids in the Holland camp not too long ago. He seems to me like a complete whinge, and even though we have no TOP CLASS Striker at OT the situation with Ruud is out of control really, he's made his bed and his mind up. At 30 to get 12-15m sterling for him to fúck off to Spain is good business regardless of players coming in. Trust me we wont get that even next summer. at 31/32 6-8m seems too much (unless your Roma or Chelsea!).

Sell Ruud even at 12m, keep Ronaldo if the situation can me resolved in the camp (if any). One more season out of the little showman, if he fails to produce (which is looking as a 50-50 chance) then sell him on next season. The fee this summer and next will now doubt grow or at least stay steady.

Carrick and Polish GK in
    Vieira maybe in
    Ruud out

thats what is goin to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,424 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Trilla wrote:

Carrick and Polish GK in
    Vieira maybe in
    Ruud out

thats what is goin to happen
    Torres is still a big possibility.

Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

hawker27 wrote:
    i,m a big big man utd fan love the club i do,but i feel so sorry for ruud hes get treated very badly.and old purple nose (ferguson) is beginning to piss me off big time.
    Ruuds alround contribution to the team play over the last 2 seasons has been very poor.

The fact he put in a transfer request last summer and had to be begged to stay hadrly shouts love of the club or a player who has been forced out.

150 goals in something 246 games now thats class the man is a out and out goal scorer,yes but his been treated bad off the field by the little girl crying e.t.c.

and ruud is just 30 if he and cry baby were the one age i think purple nose would get rid of the cry baby diver,but hes keeping the diver because his much younger.

Tauren wrote:
    Ruuds alround contribution to the team play over the last 2 seasons has been very poor.

The fact he put in a transfer request last summer and had to be begged to stay hadrly shouts love of the club or a player who has been forced out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Tauren wrote:
    Torres is still a big possibility.

Fingers crossed.

No chance mate. Just folly at this stage.

This has to be THE most disorganised I have seen us in the transfer market for many a year :mad:

hawker27 wrote:
    150 goals in something 246 games now thats class the man is a out and out goal scorer,yes but his been treated bad off the field by the little girl crying e.t.c.

and ruud is just 30 if he and cry baby were the one age i think purple nose would get rid of the cry baby diver,but hes keeping the diver because his much younger.
    treated badly by telling the 'cry baby' he told to go talk to his dead dad. Yep, great move by Ruud there. Lovely. No wonder all the players took Ronaldo's side in that one.

Ruud doesn't want to play for United, putting in a transfer request can't be seen any other way.

Sizzler wrote:
    No chance mate. Just folly at this stage.

This has to be THE most disorganised I have seen us in the transfer market for many a year :mad:
    Why do you say no chance?

From what i have heard Torres knows we want him, turned down Inter to join us and we are just waiting til Ruud is sold to put a bid in. United were in contact with player and club last week.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote:
    treated badly by telling the 'cry baby' he told to go talk to his dead dad. Yep, great move by Ruud there. Lovely. No wonder all the players took Ronaldo's side in that one.

Ruud doesn't want to play for United, putting in a transfer request can't be seen any other way.

No, he told him to go away and tell his "daddy". Its a known fact that carlos quieroz is known as "daddy" to ronaldo at united since they are both portuguese and he goes to him with any problems he has. And dont start me on that excuse for a coach.

Myself and another couple of mates who are United fans just dont want him in the side at all. Nothing to do with the World cup...this is going on for 2 years now. Hes just not good enough. I dont care how talented people think he is, I am saying that with him in the team and Ruud sold, United will win NOTHING. He is a liability.

Ruud was used to to Beckham putting the ball in his path or on his head or foot and now this muppet cant even get a decent cross in. Of course Ruud has every right to expect better. I would.

Makes much more sense to sell the baby for 20 million (lol) and get in a couple of decent players who have the right attitude and hold on to our goal machine. And IMO if Shevchenko is worth 30 million then Rudd is easily worth 20 and if Real or Bayern dont want to pay that then they should get lost. How much did Real spend on Woodgate sure and hes played like 4 games and they are squabbling over another 7 or 8 mill for a striker better than anyhting they have.

bucks73 wrote:

Ruud was used to to Beckham putting the ball in his path or on his head or foot and now this muppet cant even get a decent cross in. Of course Ruud has every right to expect better. I would.

so we should have kept beckham so ruud would guarentee 3 (yes, THREE) goals a season. 3 goals is what beckham assisted for Ruud in his last season with us. Yep, shame we don't have Beckham any more, Ronnie just can't match that.

Tauren wrote:
    so we should have kept beckham so ruud would guarentee 3 (yes, THREE) goals a season. 3 goals is what beckham assisted for Ruud in his last season with us. Yep, shame we don't have Beckham any more, Ronnie just can't match that.

I dont care who plays on the wings as long as they contribute to the team by crossing/passing well, setting up chances for the strikers and working back when required. The baby could take a lesson from Rooney on working back, getting stuck in and playing for the team. Rooney is talented. ronaldo is not. Hes better off in Spain where they think all dives are actually fouls and you are allowed sit on your arse when you lose the ball and let your team mates defend your mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Whoa remember Ronaldo is a young lad, still has lots of potential. You have to keep in mind that Beckham was pretty much in the prime of his career when Ruud arrived.

I know plenty wont agree with me but some do and its just my own opinion but I would sell him today if given the oppurtunity. I have been priveleged to have seen the best and worst of United over the past 20 years and I just dont like him. There havent been many I have said that about but when it comes to wingers/wide players I would take any one of Giggs, Sharpe, Beckham, Kanchelskis or Ole ahead of ronaldo. For me he ranks alongside Danny Wallace and Ralphy Milne. Just my opinion so I will leave it at that.

Getting back OT I cant believe United didnt bid for Duff when Chelsea turned down Spurs. Even if they turned it down they should have tested the water anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

yeah, I'm thinking they probably inquired but Chelski refused to sell him to Man U, seeing as they're rivals...more of a threat than Spurs or Newcastle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

bucks73 wrote:
    I dont care who plays on the wings as long as they contribute to the team by crossing/passing well, setting up chances for the strikers and working back when required. The baby could take a lesson from Rooney on working back, getting stuck in and playing for the team. Rooney is talented. ronaldo is not. Hes better off in Spain where they think all dives are actually fouls and you are allowed sit on your arse when you lose the ball and let your team mates defend your mistake.

You do realise that Ronaldo provided more goals and assists than any other winger in the league last season along with Morten Gamst Pedersen? 9 goals, 6 assists. More than Joe Cole, Arjen Robben, Damien Duff, Harry Kewell, Aaron Lennon, need I go on?

I'm not going to deny that he's a frustrating player at the best of times, but this is due to his obvious talent and the potential that he could contribute alot more to the team. He has come on enormously in this respect since he started with united and I reckon he will continue to do so. I can see him reacting in the right way to all the muppetry and abuse he's in for. Booing hasn't phased the lad yet and I don't think it will now.

Sure he wanted/wants to go to Spain, I'm sure he will at some stage. He's not the first player who has wanted to leave a club and he sure as hell won't be the last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i wouldnt be suprized if man utd get no body :(

Fergie for me has messed up big time

he should have got players by now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I think our lack of activity in the transfer market this summer has been a combination of this SA tour and the World Cup. Both have disrupted the signing of players. Maybe United should not have waited for the Italian trial to finish. I believe that we should have signed someone at this stage, but I have a feeling you could see two players coming in this week. Carrick and Kuszczak are the most likely candidates, though the latter looks less likely now with Robbo wanting players plus cash. Maybe Foster should stay...

Anyways, keep the faith, everyone. :D

You do realise that Ronaldo provided more goals and assists than any other winger in the league last season along with Morten Gamst Pedersen? 9 goals, 6 assists. More than Joe Cole, Arjen Robben, Damien Duff, Harry Kewell, Aaron Lennon, need I go on?

Where did you get those stats?

According to the Premier League official stats he is in 20th place for assists. Just select last season and then select assists down below. Has same number of goals and assists as Joe Cole. 6 assists all season is very poor when you see an average player like Milner has 10 and even Giggs has 9 and Rooney a striker has 9 too.
    http://stats.premierleague.com/

And heres another one that doesnt look quite so good as yours. Overall ratings for last season. I know its every position but they only give the top 5 for midfielders.
    http://www.premierleague.com/fapl.rac?command=forwardOnly&nextPage=actimTop100

• Advertisement

do u know if thats the truth for a fact?.

would,nt u put in a request if u had to look at a complete michael flattley everyday in training,RONFALLDOWN SHOULD BE IN THE CIRCUS WITH THE CLOWNS.

Tauren wrote:

And its not as if Ronaldo is totally commited to the club. "its fine if i stay, its fine if i go".

Theres commitment for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I've got to agree with this.

Rudd, one of the best strikers ever to appear at Man U. Now people are hoping that he'll be sold for 10 million or so less then Torres who may or may not get on in the premiership...gamble.

Ronaldo, a 21 year old with talent and potential, 4 years ago he was a 17 year old with talent potential. I'm of the opinion that this boy will never grow up and never be a team player.

Clearly if he had the choice he'd have gone to Spain only his 'come get me' plea to Real and Barca didn't work cause Barca have Ronnie and Messi and there's no way Capello would want a showpony like him.

And that's what Ronaldo is...a showpony. He's got buckets of talent, probably more natural ability then any winger in the world, seriously. However there are three or four wingers better then him in the league at the moment, simply because he can't get and give the ball quickly, this slows everything down. He needs to be the center of attention for a while every time he gets the ball. Unfortunatly this gets worse the bigger the game as he knows more people are watching. Fergie has drilled a bit of it out of him but if anyone saw Portugals opening game in the world cup they'll have noticed Ronaldo reverting back three or four years, doing pointless ball juggling, going around one man and never being able to stop there..always losing it trying to repeat the trick.

In fairness what did he really contribute to the world cup, a couple of penalties?? He didn't set up or score a single goal. He almost got the young player award but simply because he looked good.

Ronaldo...one of the most ineffective, overrated players ever and you're about to get rid of Rudd for him despite the fact he also wants out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

gosplan wrote:
    I've got to agree with this.

In fairness what did he really contribute to the world cup, a couple of penalties?? He didn't set up or score a single goal.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

why the f___ didnt fergie bid for duff and throw money at him?

baffles the mind :mad:

also, i don't rate carrick. he's a hyped up average english player who hasn't done anything to merit these 'world-class' tags.

waste of money imo. with gattuso, what you see is what you get. we need a midfield hard man.

heinze, smith, gattuso, rooney, vidic - that would be almost half the side full of mentally strong players, big characters with bite and passion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I can't understand myself we not bid for Duff:confused: I'm also annoyed to that fergie is in South Africa on another pointless preseason where by none of the first team apart from one or two are playing. I'm also wondering why David Gill is in the states and not back in manchester trying to get some players into the club. I really don't understand how the transfer policy works at utd, but it needs to change ASAP.

I read into days news that ferguson said that Rudd asked for a transfer before the FA Cup final against arsenal and it was turned down, but it was his agent and not rudd who asked. I wonder then his heart has being in it so for a while and i always thought he was commeted. Then again if you look at chelsea and arsenal they have fantastic players in there side compare to manutd, who have o'shea, fletcher, richardson who always seem to play last season. Everyone knows they are not good enough and never will be for a club like manutd.

Sky news have said that Munich have upped there bid for the player (Ruud) and that he wants to go there, the ball is in Utds court etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

bucks73 wrote:
    Where did you get those stats?

According to the Premier League official stats he is in 20th place for assists. Just select last season and then select assists down below. Has same number of goals and assists as Joe Cole. 6 assists all season is very poor when you see an average player like Milner has 10 and even Giggs has 9 and Rooney a striker has 9 too.
    http://stats.premierleague.com/

I got mine at ESPN, that premier league stats page never seems to work for me. If I've the wrong stats fair enough, but Ronaldo had a very poor start to the season, mostly due to the death of his father and those rape allegations. I can see him doing better this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The stats page doesn't work for firefox.

Ronaldo got most of those 9 goals and 6 assists in the second half of the season, and I fully expect him to nearly double that (in assists anyway, maybe 15 goals) next season, because he only played as himself for half a season last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Well, Ruud has returned to Carrington for training this morning. He may be included in the starting line up for the game against Celtic on Wednesday.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Aquos76 wrote:
    Well, Ruud has returned to Carrington for training this morning. He may be included in the starting line up for the game against Celtic on Wednesday.

Link
    it's time to sell him. We won't get a better offer for him in the future and at least this way we could put the money towards a new young star (Torres).

He is a United legend but I think it would be best for both parties if he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I can't understand myself we not bid for Duff:confused: I'm also annoyed to that fergie is in South Africa on another pointless preseason where by none of the first team apart from one or two are playing. I'm also wondering why David Gill is in the states and not back in manchester trying to get some players into the club. I really don't understand how the transfer policy works at utd, but it needs to change ASAP.
    No, no, now that United are not a plc any more, they'll be much more effective in the transfer market, as they won't have to run everything by the board. It's a new era for the club!

This is the sort of drivel I had to listen to from people in the past, the same people now wailing about the lack of transfer activity.

(Not a direct dig at you, Little-Devil, BTW)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

adox wrote:
    :rolleyes:

don't get your point here??

My basica argument is that Ronaldo is overrated as was said before, that's what I'm agreeing with.

Aquos76 wrote:
    ... starting line up for the game against Celtic on Wednesday.

I doubt that tbh...

Just read in the Herald Am that Fergie says he's happy with the squad as is and he's confident that they can challenge.

So last years squad, minus Ruud and Keane will let us challenge for the title. Yep....I always said those 2 were holding us back :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

sprinkles wrote:
    Just read in the Herald Am that Fergie says he's happy with the squad as is and he's confident that they can challenge.

So last years squad, minus Ruud and Keane will let us challenge for the title. Yep....I always said those 2 were holding us back :rolleyes:

theres your problem - Herald AM

TheMonster wrote:
    theres your problem - Herald AM
    I know but in fairness they did quote fergie and it is something that I would expect from him, just like last season.

It is looking like utd will begin teh season with no new blood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

i cant believe we missed out on duff for only £5 million. there is no more encouraging news either and if this continues then we will be lucky to finish in the top 4-5 in the premiership never mind the champions league:(

BFassassin wrote:
    i cant believe we missed out on duff for only £5 million. there is no more encouraging news either and if this continues then we will be lucky to finish in the top 4-5 in the premiership never mind the champions league:(

How did we miss out on him when we never put in a bid for his services.

If infact he has joined Newcastle for £5mill, its liverpool who should be pissed off over missing out. They did put in an offer. So much for him been a life long pool fan.

Trilla wrote:
    I doubt that tbh...

I would agree with you about that, I was only quoting what was mentioned in the piece on the BBC site though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Aquos76 wrote:

If infact he has joined Newcastle for £5mill, its liverpool who should be pissed off over missing out. They did put in an offer. So much for him been a life long pool fan.
    thats how we missed out on him by not putting a bid in.if we had offered more then surely chel$ki would have listened

BFassassin wrote:
    thats how we missed out on him by not putting a bid in.if we had offered more then surely chel$ki would have listened

I somehow doubt that Chelski would have sold him to Man U. Obviously SAF did not feel there was a place for him in his team.

Sure up to today we were all lead to believe that the transfer fee was around the 10m mark anyway

Aquos76 wrote:

I thought only Newcastle and Spurs bid on him. Didn't hear anything but rumours about the pool.

United did miss out by not even entering the race. Duff would have been a great signing what with Giggs the age he is. Big mistake.

Arsenal, chelsea and liverpool have all strengthened their squads and with Spurs looking like they may be able to crank it up a notch this year United could find it tough to get into the CL. It's going from bad to worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

First of all let me say anyone with a brain can see Man Utd need new midfielders to improve the side. It's depressing that Fergie can't seem to find anyone to buy. Then again I'd rather he thought along about it than getting another Djemba twin or Kleberson.

but lets put things into perspective. People saying Man Utd will struggle to qualify for CL I have no idea where you're coming from. This side finished 15+ points ahead of spurs, same with Arsenal, and we have players coming back from injury. No-one was more shocked than me last year when we actually won games without a centre midfield but just goes to show how poor the league is bar a few teams.

I'm finding it frustrating cause if we sort out the midfield, we could possibly challenge Chelsea for the league, but if we don't sign anyone, we'll be 2nd or 3rd and qualify for CL comfortably.

sprinkles wrote:
    I thought only Newcastle and Spurs bid on him. Didn't hear anything but rumours about the pool.

Yeah it looks like only Newcastle and spurs placed official bids with Chelsea.

At £5million though I would imagine that there are a few pissed of managers sitting in their offices today, no one more so that Fergie I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

at least 2 players will be singed before end of transfer window ;)

TheMonster wrote:
    at least 2 players will be singed before end of transfer window ;)

Well, who are your 2 pedictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

SAF has earned my blind trust, despite the odd djemba-djemba. He either is not allowed spend, or he's comfortable enough where he doesn't want to be to rash in buying someone.
    It would be hard if the midfield wasn't sorted out, but i'm still confident that champions league qualification is possible with the current squad, even though it is below what alot of fans' expectations.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

it is five million but newcastle offered to keep him on his lucrative 70,000p/wk salary apparently which prob would have been a stumbling block at both Man utd (aswell as having to clearly outbid any team trying to buy a chelsea player) and Liverpool who as far as im aware made an inquire but no bid.

Meanwhile Newcasttle need to sign an attacking force with owen and shearer out of action and weight up the wages with the small fee although idealy they would have prob wanted a striker, until is avaiability become public knowledge.

maybe united should loan-swap them for RVD:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

maybe united should loan-swap them for RVD:D

I guaran DAMN tee that won't happen

• Advertisement
Advertisement