Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2006 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Timans wrote:
    Mascherano is one.

Torres was ruled out. I'd ay we'll be getting some striker for about the 9/10million mark.

Someone in the same range as Defoe. But, not actually Defoe. :)
    I'd agree with that. I think we'll see a backup striker come in if he does want to strengthen the forward line. The other has to be a midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

sprinkles wrote:
    a backup striker come in if he does want to strengthen the forward line.

yeah but who?
    Timans wrote:
    Recoba would be a superb signing. I'd love to see him make the move but can't see it happening tbh.

Recoba is overratted imo. Cambiasso or Mascherano would be an ideal signing for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Timans wrote:
    Recoba would be a superb signing. I'd love to see him make the move but can't see it happening tbh.

as a Man Utd fan i would hate to see Recoba playing for us, he is the most inconsistant player i have ever seen and hes too old. as an Inter fan i'd love to get rid of him but i think he has just signed a contract extension.

dor83 wrote:
    as a Man Utd fan i would hate to see Recoba playing for us, he is the most inconsistant player i have ever seen and hes too old. as an Inter fan i'd love to get rid of him but i think he has just signed a contract extension.

Agreed, anyone that ever saw him play last two seasons would agree with ya dor83. Not an United player at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Apperantly huddlestone played very well today. You lot would of been better off spending the 17mil for carrick trying to sign him or even reo coker instead.

Chelsea and spurs have done brilliantly from buying up west hams young players a few years ago.

United should of taken the same chance this time with reo coker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

With the signing of Carrick I'm quite happy after seeing the pre-season as both Scholes and Fletcher, Scholes in particular, are looking quite impressive. Obviously I'd like another player, Senna would be fantastic if he joined, but it would probably mean a return to 4-3-3. I'd like another central midfielder to join us, not a DMC or an AMC tbh.
    Carrick is a MC, gets the tackles in and can pass the ball very well.

I'd be shocked to see Mascherano join us, but just like Torres, I'll believe it when I see it.

p.s. I love Reo-Coker, but he has never been in Fergie's plans, not sure why. As for Huddlestone, top quality potential for the future

PHB wrote:
    Carrick is a MC, gets the tackles in and can pass the ball very well.

Dont mean to be nit picking PHB, but he does not get the tackles in. He's nowhere near top class player and prob never will be, but I'm hopeful regardless. If you check his opta index (I know not much to go by) but he doesnt tackle at all and sucess rate is low; he averages one goal a season and is and always will be on the international fringes for a country that no matter what they do will never win anything.

I have no doubt that he is above average, and will grow at United and become a better player (he is only 25), but I'd go as far as to say that Scholesy is a better tackler than Micheal and we know Paul Scholes' reputation for late tackles!

Who does a description of an overpriced pure MC, can pass well, not pacey, poor scoring rate and doesnt tackle remind you of ?

(hint he played for United)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Neil Webb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Neil Webb sounds about right, but the above poster strikes me as the type of guy who means Veron

If you check his opta index (I know not much to go by) but he doesnt tackle at all and sucess rate is low

.....................Player................Tackles .........Tackle %
    1.................Michael Carrick.........135...............74%
    2.................Mohamed Sissoko......156...............73%
    3.................Frank Lampard..........100 ..............73%
    4.................Steven Gerrard..........96................73%
    5.................Xabi Alonso..............167...............69%
    6.................Michael Essien..........106 ..............69%
    7.................Claude Makelele.........97................69%

Passing

.....................Player.................Passes ..........Pass %
    1.................Michael Carrick.........1,938.............80%
    2.................Frank Lampard..........2,015.............76%
    3.................Xabi Alonso..............1,820.............76%
    4.................Michael Essien..........1,447.............76%
    5.................Makelele..................1,601. ...........74%
    6.................Steven Gerrard.........1,464.............74%

Hmm...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

You got a link for that PHB? I want to show it to a guy in work tomorrow.

If we have a midfielder making a better tackle percentage than Sissoko, thats good, I was very impressed by Sissoko's tackling last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Suprised to see how many tackles alonso puts it. Didnt think it would be that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Draupnir wrote:
    Neil Webb sounds about right, but the above poster strikes me as the type of guy who means Veron

That makes two of them so. :D

Suprised to see how many tackles alonso puts it. Didnt think it would be that much.

Alonso and Carrick put in a lot of tackles, but cause they aren't all-in tackles like Keano used to do, it's not noticed as much. Alonso breaks up a hell of a lot of player
    You got a link for that PHB? I want to show it to a guy in work tomorrow.

It's some compiled stats, I got them off redcafe.net, who got them off SkySports and put them together. Just go into a club menu, and click on opta stats

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

apparently the Carrick deal as only for 13million, the 17m figure is what it could rise to if united win the league, champs league ect.. with carrick, its a performance related 4million bonus most of which will prob not be paid and if it is united fans should be happy it means trophys will be returning to old trafford.

also beacuse ofhis age and shrt contract Senna is being reported as only costing 3-4mil in the english press at the moment. So in actual fact it could be 17milfor a new midfield duo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

According to well positioned sources Senna is likely to be signed for £6 million on Monday. They say the deal is basically done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The Muppet wrote:
    According to well positioned sources Senna is likely to be signed for £6 million on Monday. They say the deal is basically done.

Happy days boss,I hope you are right ;) Cant say I know that much about the dude but suffice to say Im happy to see us making another signing. One more this week and I will be a lot happer than I was a fortnight ago, although none of these lads are mind blowing by any stretch but if they are team players it could be what we need :D

Im quite surprised to see those Carrick stats PHB, doesnt make him look like a slouch by any means :)

What do people know about Senna? Cant say he was stand out in the games I saw him against us last year....but I could be wrong, the memory aint what it used to be ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sizzler wrote:
    What do people know about Senna? Cant say he was stand out in the games I saw him against us last year....but I could be wrong, the memory aint what it used to be ;)

Great ball getter, didnt have a good world cup as he was moved aside for Cesc. But excellent for Villareal in CL and in some of there decent la liga games (not a lot of them this season). Doesnt look like a Man Utd player tho a lot like Djemba Djemba.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Great ball getter, didnt have a good world cup as he was moved aside for Cesc. But excellent for Villareal in CL and in some of there decent la liga games (not a lot of them this season). Doesnt look like a Man Utd player tho a lot like Djemba Djemba.

kdjac

PLEASE dont tell me we have signed another DJ DJ....arrrgghhh ! He arrived with a big rep and high expectations, he did fook all in his time...hopefully this lad knows how to use his talents :)

Senna is a good player. While Cesc forced his way into the squad, Senna was rushed into naturalisation just so they could get him to be in the squad for this world cup.

He is a strong defensive midfielder, in the mould of Gattuso, although less industrious but a tad more technical. He'd work well in the likely United line up next year of 4-2-3-1, a trip back to the old days of Fergie

VDS
    Neville-Rio-Vidic-Heinze
    ----Senna--Carrick----
    Ronaldo-Scholes-Rooney
    Saha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Senna to be unveiled tomorrow is now seeming like a certainty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

apparently the Carrick deal as only for 13million, the 17m figure is what it could rise to if united win the league, champs league ect.. with carrick, its a performance related 4million bonus most of which will prob not be paid and if it is united fans should be happy it means trophys will be returning to old trafford.

As reported by probably the best source of info on Spurs site From The Lane:

£14.5m up front.
    £2m if Utd qualify for Europe next season.
    £1.5m if Carrick signs another contract at Utd.

I've no reason to doubt him, he was the one who broke the Duff to Newcastle story two days before the news made the papers.

..................Player................Tackles .........Tackle %
    1.................Michael Carrick.........135...............74%

Is this the site / thread you got this off??

http://www.redcafe.net/showthread.php?t=121630&page=10&highlight=opta+stats

I hope you're right about him but I read two articles during the week which commented on his downfalls (a bit harshly I might add) and also quoted his Opta Index which is different to above. Notice the argument in the link from redcafe.net about the stats. My fault cas I didnt look them up myself, but Micheal Carrick is not known for his tackling, neither is Lampard really! Alonso is though I argee with that. Personally I'm happy M Carrick signed but he's way over priced. Anyway doesnt really matter, as stated in that redcafe thread Heskey was once stated as best striker in the league cas of Opta stats so not a great guide...

Senna, I not too sure off (especailly in Premiership). He's no Gattuso whatsoever. I dont rate him that high, but he will strengthen the squad and hopefully he'll give 110% for the club. If he does, and comes for 6m or less it cant be that bad of a deal.

Do many think Evra will get many games this year? i cant see him featuring in more than 15 games tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

PHB wrote:

VDS
    Neville-Rio-Vidic-Heinze
    ----Senna--Carrick----
    Ronaldo-Scholes-Rooney
    Saha

That team leaves me feeling pessemistic as fook. I think it's pretty close to the team we wil have out next season but neither Senna or Carrick are the two players I wanted to see at utd.

Would have prefered if Utd signed Mascherano, Riqeulme and one other midfileder and possibly a striker now as well. Also I think we are pretty weak on the left as Giggs is our only option there. At the moment we are fighting for third with Arsenal and Spurs and Arsenal will probably beat us to that position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

AthAnRi wrote:
    That team leaves me feeling pessemistic as fook. I think it's pretty close to the team we wil have out next season but neither Senna or Carrick are the two players I wanted to see at utd.

Would have prefered if Utd signed Mascherano, Riqeulme and one other midfileder and possibly a striker now as well. Also I think we are pretty weak on the left as Giggs is our only option there. At the moment we are fighting for third with Arsenal and Spurs and Arsenal will probably beat us to that position.
    what are you on? with that squad we will hopefully be challenging Chelski for the title - def as good as any one else bar Chelsea have. The current squad we have had a great 2nd half to the season and this has been(will be) strengthened by the arrival of 2 midfielders(our problem position).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

adox wrote:
    Senna to be unveiled tomorrow is now seeming like a certainty.
    Source?

Carrick for 18.7 is way over priced. All in all this sumemr has been a nightmare, especially money wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

a world cup year seems to inflate the price of players imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm really surprised that United have agreed to pay so much for Carrick. There's much better options out there for much less money, I honestly reckon they've paid £10million over the odds.

I'm really surprised that United have agreed to pay so much for Carrick. There's much better options out there for much less money, I honestly reckon they've paid £10million over the odds.
    and they are??

• Advertisement

Frings, Gattuso or Mascherano are all much better defensive midfielders and would have all cost less. Even Owen Hargreaves would have been a better option for the price.

Frings, Gattuso or Mascherano are all much better defensive midfielders and would have all cost less.

Firstly Carrick is not solely a defensive midfielder. He is an all orund midfielder who either of the 3 you mention would compliment.

Frings is 29 aand don't think he is up for sale.

Gatuuso or Mascherono would easily cost as much as Carrick.

To buy English you have to pay a premium.(Utd can't afford settling in time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Add to that Gravesen, Ernst, Poulsen - all with CL experience with Real, Schalke, Werder Bremen. All good DM players and much cheaper.

Forget about Maschareno now. Looks like Senna is in so thats 2 CM's chalked.

If anything else hes prob looking at a winger or a lad up front, but even at that Id be surprised if he manages to snag a decent one.

Theres always the Tevez lad, but thats prob too ambitious! Looks like the RVN thing oiled the wheels for transfers to kick off.....not the best reason but at least theres movement.

I guess with all these rants of terminal decline its good to see that some players do actually still wanna join us ! I guess as an outsider looking in and forgetting about the club, its facilities and history most foreigners would look at the squad and see Rooney, Van der Sar and arguably Rio and Ronaldo as the established world class names, after that they are prob thinking....what about the rest of the team :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

It's somewhat relieving to see Carrick and Senna probably join (although I have yet to see a source on this Senna thing really). Obviously they're not the two best signings in the world, but tbh the only real top quality central midfielder that has yet to move this summer, but still might, is Mascherano. Considering the price we paid for Carrick, and the price we were going to pay for Diarra, he could be well in the £20m's, and is probably being courted by - let's face it - better clubs at the minute.

Our starting 11 has the potential to do pretty well. If Carrick and Senna can click, and Scholes refinds some form, we have a chance of second. Outside of defense, I'd be very worried about our squad, but at least with Park, Fletcher, O'Shea, Smith and Solsjaer we have experienced cover, if not high quality cover, and hopefully Rossi proves his potential.

Barring a Chelsea meltdown, I can't see us coming close, but at least we have something to show from the summer now. A winger and/or a striker now please!

Frings, Gattuso or Mascherano are all much better defensive midfielders and would have all cost less

What the **** are you on about? How would they have cost less?

Em, Carrick is way over priced at 15 million, sure we coulda have Reo-Coker + Yaya Toure + Muntari for 15 million in total? Yeh granted I just made these figures up and am hoping that it's true, but screw you, overpriced!!!!!!!!

It's just silly.

Carrick is undoubtably overpriced, but to get a young England international of proven premiership quality off a club who want to keep him will cost about 15 million for a club like United, it's just how it has been and always will be while United are a top club.
    There's a reason Liverpool and Arsenal don't buy in the premiership, because it costs more, they buy abroad, but Fergie likes to buy local.

Rooney, Van der Sar and arguably Rio and Ronaldo as the established world class names, after that they are prob thinking....what about the rest of the team

Yeh, cause it's not like Neville is one of the most decorated players in English football, consistantly first choice for United and England throughout his career.
    Or Heinze, first choice for Argentina, despite being out of action for 7 months before the world cup.
    Or Scholes, who whenever anyone plays with him, tends to call him the most gifted player they have ever played with.

The summer ain't over yet, Fergie still intends to buy a couple of players, I think he is setting his sights on a cheapish midfielder, i.e. Senna, who has preformed well against United in the past [something which tends to make Fergie like them], and then focus on getting a replacement for Ruud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

PHB wrote:

Em, Carrick is way over priced at 15 million, sure we coulda have Reo-Coker + Yaya Toure + Muntari for 15 million in total? Yeh granted I just made these figures up and am hoping that it's true, but screw you, overpriced!!!!!!!

you have a point but take a chill pill man;)

PHB wrote:
    Yeh granted I just made these figures up and am hoping that it's true, but screw you, overpriced!!!!!!!!

This is why I usually stay out of any threads to do with United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭marius

PHB wrote:

Em, Carrick is way over priced at 15 million, sure we coulda have Reo-Coker + Yaya Toure + Muntari for 15 million in total? Yeh granted I just made these figures up and am hoping that it's true, but screw you, overpriced!!!!!!!!

PHB - are you drunk?:D Seems a bit over the top no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Jesus do United fans really care how much of the yanks money he cost? PHB is right, United always pay over the odds for players and usually sell cheaply its nothing new. I ,m sure if United could have got him for less they would have done so. I'm not going to lose any sleep over the fee as I don't see why it is a major issue for anyone .

Nor will it bother me when United pay €36 million for Tores.:cool:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The Muppet wrote:
    Nor will it bother me when United pay €36 million for Tores.:cool:

Lets hope your right Muppet.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    Yeh, cause it's not like Neville is one of the most decorated players in English football, consistantly first choice for United and England throughout his career.
    Or Heinze, first choice for Argentina, despite being out of action for 7 months before the world cup.
    Or Scholes, who whenever anyone plays with him, tends to call him the most gifted player they have ever played with.

Major LOL at Neville, if you're telling me anybody looks at him and thinks hes a world class player then I'll have some of that sh1t! Hes a hard working lad and cares for the club, has played for england for so long as theres fock all competition for him there. A bit like Lee Dixon in the years before him.

Scholes is TOTR on his day no argument but again would someone go to a club because scholes plays there or would they be more likely to go to a club where someone like Zidane plays or Ballack (for example)?

Heinze is CLASS, but dont think he is recognised by players outside of OT as being 'world class'. Personally I wouldnt swap him for any other left back but sadly the profile of someone like Roberto Carlos seems to get more attention than the likes of Gabby.

You seemed to have missed the point I was making, theres a fine line between class players at Utd that do well for us and the true world class bracket where players ALWAYS do well and are internationally recognised the world over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

TheMonster wrote:
    what are you on? with that squad we will hopefully be challenging Chelski for the title - def as good as any one else bar Chelsea have. The current squad we have had a great 2nd half to the season and this has been(will be) strengthened by the arrival of 2 midfielders(our problem position).

Ok first of all that is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Up until the signing of Carrick(Which still isn't 100% offical) Utd were the only prem team that hadn't made any signings. As I said earlier the sale of Van the man isn't the worst thing ever but unless we replace him then up front has the real possibility of becoming a problem area. As has GK if VDS gets injured. All we have done is weaken our squad. The loan of Tim Ho and release of Quintin Fortune(injuries aside he was a good utility player).

Liverpool and Arsenal have both added significantly to there squads as have Newcastle and Spurs. I think Liverpool are going to make an even bigger impression this season than last and Arsenal will make a major improvement on last season, especially with Rosicky and Fabregas being a year older. United aren't even in the same league as chelsea at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Sizzler, Neville is undoubtedly a world class right back, and has been for many years. It's easy to scoff, because, well, he's Gary Neville. But look around the Premiership and the only competition he has is Eboue, Gallas and probably Finnan, only one of whom I would rate higher than Neville. Just look at the problems in both the United and the England side when he is missing to appreciate how important he is.

Heinze is probably the second best left back in the world after Zambrotta - regardless of 'attention', nobody really rates Roberto Carlos that highly anymore.

Maybe Scholes isn't quite as good as Ballack or Zidane, but I wouldn't be too upset about that. But, in his day, he was better than Lampard is now (second best in the world, apparently) and can't be that much worse now.

7 out of 11 top players in a first team isn't bad, and I would say United have more such players than both Liverpool (Gerrard, Reina, Alonso, Carragher, Bellamy) and Arsenal (Henry, Llungberg, Rosicky, Fabregas, Toure, Lehmann, Gilberto - OK even).

On top of that, I really like both Vidic and Brown, Silvestre and Park are fine squad players, Giggs has another season or two left in him, Saha and Rossi have bags of potential. The only real problem was central midfield, which I would have thought might have attracted central midfielders to the club, but obviously not really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Sizzler, Neville is undoubtedly a world class right back, and has been for many years.

He's a decent player, experienced, reliable, does the unspectacular rather than the spectacular, but to call him world class is surreal. I remember Overmars having him for breakfast a couple of years ago. Put him up against genuine pace and he's lost and resorts to fouling. He's pretty lucky the rest of the team has usually been so dominant that this can be covered up.

I'd rate Finnan, Ferrera, Eboue ahead of him. Gallas is ok, but he's much better in the middle.

Liverpool and Arsenal have both added significantly to there squads as have Newcastle and Spurs. I think Liverpool are going to make an even bigger impression this season than last and Arsenal will make a major improvement on last season, especially with Rosicky and Fabregas being a year older.

Well Newcastle and Spurs havn't a chance of over-coming us imo.
    Let's look at this improvment?

Arsenal have signed Rosicky? Big deal, they are just replacing Pires. Another AMC, gee, Arsenal are gona win the league now. They havn't replaced what they were missing last year, poor defense and a lack of steel in midfield. They may have another attacking player, but havn't really addressed their short-comings.

Also Fabregas getting a year older? Oh no, gee if only we had some emerging talent to also get a year older, maybe this Rooney chap and Ronaldo.

Liverpool?
    I think they have signed one very very good player in Gonzalez(assuming he adjusts to the English game well)
    Then we have a defender who has barely played in the last 18 months, and a 20 year old untested at the top level, and then two other players, Bellamy and Pennant.
    Sure they might be better than the strikers they have currently, but Pennant won't get that much of a game unless Gerrard goes into central midfield, and if he does, Liverpool will stay as the defensive team, but won't have the talent to score enough up front. If Gerrard stays on the right, Pennant is irrelevent.

4-5-1's only work with real magic men up front.
    Chelsea did it with Robben-Drogba/Crespo-Duff/Cole
    United did it with Rooney-Van Nist-Ronaldo
    Liverpool will be doing it with Gonzalez-Bellamy-Pennant.

This is why I usually stay out of any threads to do with United.

Because you seem to have little to add but random statements with no basis, or because people get annoyed at you when you state them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Stky10 wrote:
    He's a decent player, experienced, reliable, does the unspectacular rather than the spectacular, but to call him world class is surreal. I remember Overmars having him for breakfast a couple of years ago. Put him up against genuine pace and he's lost and resorts to fouling. He's pretty lucky the rest of the team has usually been so dominant that this can be covered up.

I'd rate Finnan, Ferrera, Eboue ahead of him. Gallas is ok, but he's much better in the middle.

I agree with Sizzler about Neville. I wouldn't say he is world class and i would rate Finnan and probably Eboue just ahead of him. I think neville is quite the sleeply chap when playing football. I think he was at fault for the benfica goal in the CL last season and not ferdinand. I would say that Zambrotta, Heinze and Cole are the best left backs in the world.

I hope Carrick proves eveyone wrong when he starts playing and hopfully doesn't take long to settle in. I think Manu are settling for second best when it comes to buying players theses days. We should be going and signing players like Torres, Macherano, Jaoquin, Kaka if they come available. Manu are a club in decline and have being for the last 5 years since we won the treble. Roy Keane said it himself after we won that, fergie should have gone and bought three or four world class players. I would have liked to see us try and buy Essien from Chelsea for £20million, i said before they bought him he was brilliant and the world cup proved it, chelsea play him out of position, maybe next season though. The papers say that Lampard, Cole, Essien, Robben, Ballack and Makelele turned manu down for chelsea and that is for 2 reasons.

1) Manu would'nt pay the BIG transfer fees, but chelsea would.
    2) Manu wouldn't would the BIG wages but chelsea would.

I can't see manutd finshing any higher then 5th this season and anyone who thinks they will finish second or third is kidding them selfs.

Ronaldo will go to spain next season and Rooney wont be far behind if Fergie and Glazers dont stop signing second rate players who are'nt good enought for manu.

I agree with Sizzler about Neville. I wouldn't say he is world class and i would rate Finnan and probably Eboue just ahead of him. I think neville is quite the sleeply chap when playing football. I think he was at fault for the benfica goal in the CL last season and not ferdinand. I would say that Zambrotta, Heinze and Cole are the best left backs in the world.

I hope Carrick proves eveyone wrong when he starts playing and hopfully doesn't take long to settle in. I think Manu are settling for second best when it comes to buying players theses days. We should be going and signing players like Torres, Macherano, Jaoquin, Kaka if they come available. Manu are a club in decline and have being for the last 5 years since we won the treble. Roy Keane said it himself after we won that, fergie should have gone and bought three or four world class players. I would have liked to see us try and buy Essien from Chelsea for £20million, i said before they bought him he was brilliant and the world cup proved it, chelsea play him out of position, maybe next season though. The papers say that Lampard, Cole, Essien, Robben, Ballack and Makelele turned manu down for chelsea and that is for 2 reasons.

1) Manu would'nt pay the BIG transfer fees, but chelsea would.
    2) Manu wouldn't would the BIG wages but chelsea would.

I can't see manutd finshing any higher then 5th this season and anyone who thinks they will finish second or third is kidding them selfs.

Ronaldo will go to spain next season and Rooney wont be far behind if Fergie and Glazers dont stop signing second rate players who are'nt good enought for manu.

Tbh - when you started posting I thought you were a troll pretending to be a Utd fan - now I am sure of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Anyone who says that Utd should lodge a bid with Chelsea for any semi decent player has got to be taking the p*ss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

astrofool wrote:
    Anyone who says that Utd should lodge a bid with Chelsea for any semi decent player has got to be taking the p*ss.

Before he signed for chelsea everyone was saying he was the next roy keane. I think your way of the mark when you say a semi decent midfielder. He was great for Ghana and the panel on RTE and BBC said they had misjudged him. Everyone knows he is being played out of position at chelsea. Essien would be a super signing for any club including Manu and would be money well spent instead of signing Carrick a over-rated player, who can't tackle, no pace and can pass the ball 5/10 yards...thats f**king brillant, just what we need. If essien heard of manutd interest's he may ask for a transfer, jose of all people said that anyone unhappy would be aloud to leave.

I'am a Genuine Manu fan:) , not a troll as some have suggested. I still predict that we will finish 5th this season. Liverpool will take second place and will push chelsea close. Ronlado will leave next seasona and Rooney in 2yrs time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement