Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2006 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Sizzler wrote:
    I guess its better that we got the dude (SAF obviously wanted him big time) and didnt have to spend the 4m! If Utd have ANY sense they would have a price struck in the agreement that means they can have him next summer at X Price and that its fixed regardless of performance.
    Cant see the lad displacing VDS tho :confused:

Aha, makes much more sense, SAF must have read my post last night ;)

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has confirmed Tomasz Kuszczak has signed a four-year contract with the Old Trafford club.

The Old Trafford outfit announced Kuszczak's arrival from West Brom on Thursday but curiously failed to state the terms of the deal.

West Brom suggested the 24-year-old had initially signed on loan, with a view to the deal becoming permanent, although Gill has now clarified the situation.

"Tomasz will be a Manchester United player for the next four years," he said.

"He has come to us on loan for the first year and then will join us permanently in July 2007.

"We would not have been interested in signing any player, even as one as good as Tomasz, on loan. We would hope Tomasz remains a Manchester United player for many years to come."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Lee Martin gone to Rangers on season loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

I see quieroz is linked with the porto job. I'd love it if he left United. He's a useless git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Personally I'm really happy with United's emerging talent at the moment

Pique - La Liga
    Martins - SPL
    Foster - Premiership
    Fangzhuo, Evans,Campbell, Simpson and Gibson - Belgium League Two [sent in order to try get them promoted]
    Rincon - Portugese Division One

And best of all
    Jones, Rossi, and Bardsely - Premiership to get their chance

It is looking good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I see quieroz is linked with the porto job. I'd love it if he left United. He's a useless git.

And he can his 4-3-3 system with him.

We're strongly looking at a 4-3-3 next season ya know, with Senna/Diarra being heavily linked, it could well be a return to the old 4-2-3-1, or a 4-3-3

PHB wrote:
    We're strongly looking at a 4-3-3 next season ya know, with Senna/Diarra being heavily linked, it could well be a return to the old 4-2-3-1, or a 4-3-3

We could easily play 4-4-2 with Senna or Diarra sitting and Carriick or Scholes maiking things happen. When the going gets tough Rooney will drop into midfield aswell to make a 4-5-1.
    I think united look really well balanced with left and right sided wingers. Ronaldo and park should get the nod.

I'm gonna speculate and say that i think alan Smith is gonna come good this year and bang in a few for us playing back up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Saha
    -- Rooney --- Ronaldo --
    Scholes
    --- Carrick --- Diarra ---

...by no means a bad line-up. Would be a very balanced midfield, with Diarra breaking up play, Carrick acting as playmaker and Scholes getting on the end of things. The front three are very pacy, and I've always said that Ronaldo would be a better player if he was pushed forward and off the wing a bit. With Scholes and Carrick well capable of passing the ball, I reckon the whole thing would act as a nice unit.

'Twould also be simple to change. Bring on Giggs/Park for Saha, move Ronaldo back - you've got 4-5-1. Or Giggs/Park for Scholes/Carrick/Diarra and you have 4-4-2. Only real issues would be Saha's ability to act as the main striker, and perhaps an overreliance on a rusty Scholes.

Maybe I don't object to a Diarra deal...

If Diarra comes, which I still find unlikely, we won't be reliant on Scholes at all, with Diarra and Carrick both capable of creating chances. Senna will be breaking up the play if he comes, lots of people think that if Senna comes, it will work like a Gattuso-Pirlo partnership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Van Nist left out of the Dutch team for the Irish game, the young Ajax forward replaces him, Hunntelar(sp)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Silvestre has new deal till 2009, Park also signs new deal till 2010 (i think), just heard it on SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

go home you!

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Silvestre has new deal till 2009, Park also signs new deal till 2010 (i think), just heard it on SSN
    wtf get rid of silvestre! he is definitely a weak link. im glad park is staying on. I like him. hopefully he will come out of his shell this season. he seemed to be lacking confidence last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

evad_lhorg wrote:
    wtf get rid of silvestre! he is definitely a weak link. im glad park is staying on. I like him. hopefully he will come out of his shell this season. he seemed to be lacking confidence last year.

ye i dont think theres room for him, he's 4th choice centre bk (rio, vidic and brown) and prob 3rd choice LB (heinze and evra)

I can see Park having a good season with a decent run in the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I'm gonna speculate and say that i think alan Smith is gonna come good this year and bang in a few for us playing back up front.
    As do I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

PHB wrote:
    If Diarra comes, which I still find unlikely, we won't be reliant on Scholes at all, with Diarra and Carrick both capable of creating chances. Senna will be breaking up the play if he comes, lots of people think that if Senna comes, it will work like a Gattuso-Pirlo partnership

You would be if you were going with the 4-3-3 formation I was discussing. To be honest, I've only ever seen Diarra in a few Champions' League matches with Lyon so maybe I'm not aware of what he can actually do. AFAIK, though, he's a very defensive player and while I'm sure he is well capable of creating chances (for £25m he'd want to be!) I don't think he's the type of player that will get you many goals from midfield, a Lampard who can sit behind the front three and offer another option if your strikers can't see a way forward themselves. You need that in a 4-3-3, and I think Scholes is the only person in the squad who can offer it.

Obviously, were he to be injured or out of form, you could easily revert to:

Rooney -- Saha
    Giggs -- Diarra -- Carrick --Ronaldo

...which would still be decent, but not quite as balanced or penetrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Where's all this Diarra stuff coming from?! Where are Man U gonna get 25 million?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I am not buying this diarra nonsense at all.
    Hargreves is a much more realistic/cheaper/better option, and I spotted a few reports today about him getting into the frame.
    Again most of this is tabloid nonsense and we cant really discuss team formations until players are at the club.
    I am happy with the keeper situation now-good position there, defence is decent, midfield still lacking one player, Althogh I think Jones will be given a big chance this year to break into the first team, From what I have seen in preseason he seems like a fantastic players.
    I am happy enough with the forwards and like Jones, Rossi, will be given a chance this year also.
    Pretty much tired at this stage reading all the crap about transfer speculation-just want the season to start and the transfer window to close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

Had to laugh at the Adriano signs.

Which reminds me some woman flashed me today.....

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2004/WEATHER/01/26/winter.storm/story.headlights.ap.jpg

Cool or what?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

smith is back trainign with the first team?
    There is your striker sorted lads!

ha is that a joke?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

no, he is a proven premiership striker, what more could you want? he's only like 25 aswell, years left in him.

Man U played their last pre season game this afternoon against Sevilla at OT. The game was played to mark the official opening of the stadium's £43million extension. 40,134 turned up to see Man U beat Sevilla 3-0. Goals from Louis Saha, Cristiano Ronaldo and David Jones ensured United ended their pre season on a high. The United starting 11 consisted of

van der Sar (Kuszczak, 46), Bardsley (Solskjaer, 56), Brown, Silvestre, Heinze (Evra, 56), Ronaldo, Scholes (Miller, 74), O'Shea, Park, Giggs (D Jones, 74), Saha (Richardson, 74). Sub not used: Rossi.

Pics of the game can be seen here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

Video anywhere?

Here you go...

First Half highlights
    Second Half highlights

You will need to use this password once you have them downloaded.

www.futbolfever.net

I have just uploaded them on to youtube if thats easier

First half
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHwrTw8IYxE
    Second Half
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zEH6K4wvE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Cheers for the clippage guys.

Has anyone got any clips of Evans? I have yet to see him play. Just found his goal against Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Aquos76 wrote:
    I have just uploaded them on to youtube if thats easier

First half
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHwrTw8IYxE
    Second Half
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zEH6K4wvE

TOTR. Not a bad performance :D

• Advertisement

It was a great preformance, Evra especially. He is from the Ashley Cole school of full backs, great going forward aswell, which is something Heinze lacked. United really do have an incredible defensive squad. However, without proper midfield protection we're still screwed, and currently O'Shea is that.

p.s I was dancing for hour after Jones scored, great to see him score

I feel Fergie is trying to make a big signing, and until then, Senna is just on hold. Either Senna is coming, or somebody big is coming, but either way, somebody in that mould is coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

positives from pre season -
    1 - won all games except one i think.
    2 - scored a shedload of goals
    3 - performances of
    evra
    park
    ronaldo
    ole, scored 4 or 5 (hopefully we will knock 10 goals or so out of him this year, and another 10 from smudger, with 15-20 from saha and 20 from rooney)
    4 - finally making transfers with at least one more to come, hopefully senna at least

negatives from pre season
    1 - red cards against porto
    2 - carrick injury
    3 - slight injuries to rio/neville/shea/rooney
    4 - darran fletcher
    5 - form of rossi

i really hope they dont mess senna around, i think he can be a real addition this season, it looks like they are holding out for something else. id buy senna, if they got him for 3 to 4 million on a 3 year deal, it would be well worth it and even still then buy somebody else.

5 - form of rossi

Rossi played great in all the matches he played in, while he didn't score, he made about 4 goal scoring chances a match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

PHB wrote:
    I feel Fergie is trying to make a big signing, and until then, Senna is just on hold. Either Senna is coming, or somebody big is coming, but either way, somebody in that mould is coming in.
    i say your right PHB

i recon united have Senna but are going for somebody bigger
    hopefully a striker and top midfielder
    Senna is the rebound man [incase the deal for the other midfielder doesnt go through]

you know the rumour about Adriano
    its probly just newspaper talk
    but he does remind me of Van Nist
    he holds up the ball and is very tough
    but maybe not in Van's class

Adriano will not be signing for United, not with the best chance he will ever have to win the Serie A with Inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Jeez I hope Adriano stays at Inter...I could see a loan deal happening though...besides I don't think Man U are THAT screwed. IF Smith and IF Solskjaer return to form (after injury), IF Rossi makes the step and IF Saha can rekindle the form of last season and IF Rooney ups his tally a bit - then we're ok!

Rossi scores goals at the level he plays at but i dont think he will be the same at full squad level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

BBC said Utd were looking to offload Evra. Probaly not after that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

As said in previous posts, if united were sure they wanted senna they would have him signed weeks ago. They probably know they can sign him at any time, even near deadline time, so are waiting till they are 100% sure what the situation is with whatever player they really want for midfield. As it doesnt make sense to be spending so long trying to sign senna who's club and the player himself want him to sign.

just watching the highlights of the Sevilla game at the weekend. They're goalkeeper was rubbish for every goal. It's good to see Jones get one at the end and also Giggs looks in brilliant form atm. Cant wait until the start of the season now. I hope United can bring Senna in this week but i'm not too worried if they dont because I feel Jones is ready to step up to PL level.

• Advertisement

Jones ready for Pl level? Is that a joke. yeah he could really help us push for 8th position. Its players like Jones and Fletcher who will get played by Ferguson in Cetnre mid in 'easy games' against teams like Sheffield United/Reading, and will come out with a draw or loss costing us the league. Every game is going to count this seaon if we really want to push Chelsea for the title. To do that Ferguson can't be experimenting with youth players unless they have shown proven ability, which from what I've seen Jones hasn't. Ferguson needs to bring in proven class to control the midfield and create goals to win the league, I still have serious worries about bringing in Senna. Villareal are happy to let him go ffs? Diarra would be a better option imo. The only youngster with potential of what I've seen is Richardson. He has great pace and free-kick technique. He still needs work on his passing tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Agreed. The strongest team must be played in every league game. League must be priority. If that means players play 3 games in a week while CL is on then so be it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Giruilla wrote:
    BBC said Utd were looking to offload Evra. Probaly not after that performance.

When did they say that???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Evra was a strange signing, especially now that Heinze is back, I don't see him featuring in the first team or as backup!

Giruilla wrote:
    Jones ready for Pl level? Is that a joke. yeah he could really help us push for 8th position. Its players like Jones and Fletcher who will get played by Ferguson in Cetnre mid in 'easy games' against teams like Sheffield United/Reading, and will come out with a draw or loss costing us the league. Every game is going to count this seaon if we really want to push Chelsea for the title. To do that Ferguson can't be experimenting with youth players unless they have shown proven ability, which from what I've seen Jones hasn't. Ferguson needs to bring in proven class to control the midfield and create goals to win the league, I still have serious worries about bringing in Senna. Villareal are happy to let him go ffs? Diarra would be a better option imo. The only youngster with potential of what I've seen is Richardson. He has great pace and free-kick technique. He still needs work on his passing tho.

United are nothing unless they trust they're youth system. It's what they've done for years and how they've won so many trophies. The nucleas of our 2 great teams was formed by our youth system. While some of the players just dont make the grade like fletcher, o Shea (and in my opinion Richardson) i think the likes of Jones, Evans and Rossi will be very important to Man U in the coming years. I'd rather see United grow they're own than pay some poncey south american 120,000 a week to fart around for a couple years before getting sick of the crappy manchester weather.
    We need to fill the team with players that will play for the jersey and ManU. this in itself is worth a lot more to the club than the likes of Veron or Forlan or Ronaldo.

chelsea have the luxury of being able to buy the very best. What they get for they're money is quality and consistency. They'll get it straight away from the likes of Shevchenko, Carvalho and Ballack. our young players might not be as consistent at the moment but given the chance at the top level who knows what will happen. They can only get better by playing against the best.

cheesedude wrote:
    When did they say that???

it said it he other day in the Gossip and Transfers section.... not to be trusted i know!

United are nothing unless they trust they're youth system. It's what they've done for years and how they've won so many trophies. The nucleas of our 2 great teams was formed by our youth system. While some of the players just dont make the grade like fletcher, o Shea (and in my opinion Richardson) i think the likes of Jones, Evans and Rossi will be very important to Man U in the coming years. I'd rather see United grow they're own than pay some poncey south american 120,000 a week to fart around for a couple years before getting sick of the crappy manchester weather.
    We need to fill the team with players that will play for the jersey and ManU. this in itself is worth a lot more to the club than the likes of Veron or Forlan or Ronaldo.

chelsea have the luxury of being able to buy the very best. What they get for they're money is quality and consistency. They'll get it straight away from the likes of Shevchenko, Carvalho and Ballack. our young players might not be as consistent at the moment but given the chance at the top level who knows what will happen. They can only get better by playing against the best.

You are right in that United are nothing without they're youth system. United and united fans have to stop living off past glories. Chelsea have brought football to a new level and its time for United and other premiership teams to step up to it. You say Chelsea have the luxury of being able to buy the best. this is true but it isn't what makes them a great team. Chelsea are so good because of the mentality within the team which Morhinio and Terry injects into them. They know every game counts, and failure is not an option. Every player on that team is pushed for their place and know that Morhinio will have no problem dropping them if they aren't consistent. Ferguson just doesn't inflict this mentality. He experiments with young players and consitently plays players who don't perform, for example Silvestre and more prominently Fletcher.
    I think Rossi is almost ready for the top level, but he just isn't scoring! Youth team players should be forcing their way into the 1st team squad and not waiting on second chances. Scholes/Beckham/Butt/Neville didn't make it into the first team by repeatedly being given chances in 'easy' premiership games. Bruce and Robson wouldn't have stood for it back in the day. They burst onto the team with proven performances and pushed the 1st team players for starting places. In all, they we're good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Unearthly wrote:
    Evra was a strange signing, especially now that Heinze is back, I don't see him featuring in the first team or as backup!

yeah agreed, especially now that Silvestre has signed a new contract and Bardsley coming through. Defence is sorted with

Rio
    Brown
    Vidic
    Heinze
    Neville
    Silvestre
    Evans
    Bardsley
    O Shea
    Evra

and I prob left out someone there. Pity we cant boast a list of midfielders like that, and another decent striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

what about the possibility of using Evra as a utility midfielder player kinda in the Phil Neville mould ?

He seems useful enough and well able to look after himself.

Just a thought, as he's featured a good bit in pre season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

s8n wrote:
    what about the possibility of using Evra as a utility midfielder player kinda in the Phil Neville mould ?

ah I dunno, apparently he's played there before in France and wasnt the best. as said, he's a bit like Ashley Cole (only not as reliable) and imagine putting a below par Cashley in MC? imo not a good option.

Fergie is gonna get a MC, wejust got to wait whether its a world class or near enough world class one thats coming. More than likely Senna. He's holding out I reckon. The fact that he stated he's loooking to strengthen it still means exactly that and only time will tell

Advertisement