Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2006 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭SteM

AthAnRi wrote:
    Surely this can only be true if we have made a signing?

Or Ferguson could be happy with a combination of Saha, Rooney, Ole & Smith up front with Giggs as backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

SteM wrote:
    Or Ferguson could be happy with a combination of Saha, Rooney, Ole & Smith up front with Giggs as backup.

dont trample on our hopes!! :p

ah your probably right, but Im still hopeful United are working on something. May be the Tevez stuff was more than speculation.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Trilla wrote:
    One thing is though, Newcastle have Ameobi Luique and Martins already so Im hopeful Owen stays a good while out still and Rossi gets a few games under his belt between now and May. I'm happy with this decision.

The loan deal is only up to Jan 1st. I also have to agree its a good move for the lad, and hopefully when he rejoins us, he will have gained valuable experience.

Aquos76 wrote:
    The loan deal is only up to Jan 1st.

that changes my views slightly, maybe noone else is coming in. the next 24 hours will tell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Trilla wrote:
    maybe noone else is coming in. the next 24 hours will tell

Your brilliance amzes me sometimes :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

So, Rossi is there til only January? Maybe they expect Owen back sooner than end of the season...

Your brilliance amzes me sometimes :D

as does yours, my furry friend, as does yours. now read my sig and lets get kicked from soccer (joke).

Does anyone thing Rossi will start 8 + games for Necastle durin his loan period of 4 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm pretty surprised about the Rossi loan move. With Ruud gone, I thought this would be his chance to step into the first team frame a bit more. Maybe he will come the end of his loan move.
    If this means a new signing, then great, but if there was to be one signing before tomorrow night I'd still want it to be midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

shouldve given him to sunderland. lol

i hope this means Tevez is on his way. he is great!!!!

Trilla wrote:
    dont trample on our hopes!! :p

ah your probably right, but Im still hopeful United are working on something. May be the Tevez stuff was more than speculation.

Well if we announce the signing of Trezeguet tomorrow I'll be disappointed, it smacks of a panic buy. I'm off to bed to pray for a midfielder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

WTF? I'm just in and have seen the news about Rossi and I have to say my feelings are mixed on it. Now that it appears he has only joined until January, I think it's a good move all round. Newcastle won't be challenging us and he cannot play against us so no direct threat there. We all know how talented he is so hopefully this opportunity will give him Premiership experience that will allow him step right into the first team/subs bench post-January. Also, I would imagine SAF has a recall clause in the deal in case there is an injury crisis up front.

Now to wait and see if SAF can make my day/week/month and unveil Mascherano tomorrow...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

evad_lhorg wrote:
    shouldve given him to sunderland. lol

i hope this means Tevez is on his way. he is great!!!!

Wish this was true but strong rumours are sugessting the he and Mascherano are gone on loan to
    West Ham:eek:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=413252&CPID=8&clid=&lid=2&title=HAMMERS+TO+LAND+TEVEZ+&+MASCHERANO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

AthAnRi wrote:
    Wish this was true but strong rumours are sugessting the he and Mascherano are gone on loan to
    West Ham:eek:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=413252&CPID=8&clid=&lid=2&title=HAMMERS+TO+LAND+TEVEZ+&+MASCHERANO

With all these dodgy companies involved in football nothing surprises me any more. Who exactly are MSI?

If this is true hopefully United will get to sign reo coker.

The times are suggesting they're going on a year loan to an "ambitious smaller club with more money to spend, such as Portsmouth" for a year. The idea being they show they can perform in the Premiership so one of the big teams will put in a big bid for them next season.

The Muppet wrote:
    With all these dodgy companies involved in football nothing surprises me any more. Who exactly are MSI?

If this is true hopefully United will get to sign reo coker.

aparently on MUTV last night the presenter said on one of the shows that untied fans are in for a surprise at tea time tomorrow. Not sure what exactly. Maybe they have Eric Cantona on the show but I'm hoping it's 2 new signings.

We have made the least number of signings and loaned/released/sold the most amount of players in the premiership.

stem wrote:
    The times are suggesting they're going on a year loan to an "ambitious smaller club with more money to spend, such as Portsmouth" for a year. The idea being they show they can perform in the Premiership so one of the big teams will put in a big bid for them next season.

Which tranlated measn they are going to Chelsea next year if they prove themselves. That does not make sense to me as they are both highly valued at the moment. Listening to newstalk last night they had a very interesting interview about these two their club and MSI.

AthAnRi wrote:
    aparently on MUTV last night the presenter said on one of the shows that untied fans are in for a surprise at tea time tomorrow. Not sure what exactly. Maybe they have Eric Cantona on the show but I'm hoping it's 2 new signings.

We have made the least number of signings and loaned/released/sold the most amount of players in the premiership.

Hargreaves ??? though with rossi out on loan I think a striker will come in. I hope it 's not trezerguet as that will be a surprise but not necessarily a nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Rossi clearly isn't good enough to play for United at the moment, the Newcastle move is brilliant for him. Looks pretty likely ferguson won't be signing anyone, a few injuries early on and we'll be ****ed!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I'm fupping stumped, what the fook are we at letting him going, with Smith still to prove his fitness, Saha and Ole injury prone we are leaving it very bare!!
    I too thought, great Tevez is on his way until I read that about West Ham!! But it could be a cloak on the real destination of the 2 players!

Giruilla wrote:
    Rossi clearly isn't good enough to play for United at the moment, the Newcastle move is brilliant for him. Looks pretty likely ferguson won't be signing anyone, a few injuries early on and we'll be ****ed!

I hope your wrong on your last 2 points but I would have to agree with you 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

The Muppet wrote:
    Dodgy company? What do you base that on?

Media Sports Investments were involved in trying to take over West Ham 2-3 years ago, if memory serves me right. A bit like the Glazers and their take over of Manu. They are currently the largest investors in Corinthians.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

if west ham get them 2, it will sum up a totally miseable summer for us, we have been waiting and waiting all summer for something big and then this happens, its shocking! these stories are coming from tevezs website, nothing confirmed from clubs though. it promises to be a very interesting day.

Ah FFS, a loan deal to West Ham. How can United not compete with that?

I would imagine that the players had very little say in it. Apparently Roman owns a large stake in MSI. I'm not putting 2+2 together and making 5, but it doesn't take a genius to work out where their next move might be, does it?

Of course United can compete with West ham in the transfer market all things being equal . Use your head man, it's fairly simple to see whats happening though it will take a year to become crystal clear.

Hobart wrote:
    I would imagine that the players had very little say in it. Apparently Roman owns a large stake in MSI. I'm not putting 2+2 together and making 5, but it doesn't take a genius to work out where their next move might be, does it?

Perhaps, if this is the case there is officially no way of beating chelsea in the transfer market. Even when their squad is full they stand in the way of teams signing players. But as Im typing it just seems too complicated, Im more in the belief that we just didnt go for them or we funked it up.

Hobart wrote:

I've read stories of this also. It's been denied that he is a stake owner but confirmed that he is a clos personal friend of one of the owners. It all stinks.

Makes perfect sense for his company to loan out two potential targets to lesser london clubs. He will get a chance to see how they adapt to life in the Premiership and London. It also means that UTD or Arsenal hadn't a hope in hell of landing either of them

Originally Posted by Hobart

Nice u turn there Derick, I take it you no longer want me to provide proof of my "dodgy company" statement. As I said to you many times Google really is your friend.

The Muppet wrote:
    Originally Posted by Hobart

Nice u turn there Derick, I take it you no longer want me to provide proof of my "dodgy company" statement. As I said to you many times Google really is your friend.

I don't really follow you Tom. What do you mean? Is it because Roman owns a stake in it, that you find this in someway suggestive that the company is "dodgy"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

if west ham get them 2, it will sum up a totally miseable summer for us

Unless Man Utd pull out a few surprises themselves

Can't quite think of anyone I want though

Ronaldinho + Gattuso :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

west ****ing ham??!?!? no way

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

Panic has set in :o

MANCHESTER UNITED are lining up a double transfer swoop for Reading pair Kevin Doyle and Steve Sidwell.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to have both deals finalised by the end of today as he looks to bolster his squad.

United's chief Exec David Gill has travelled to Berkshire and met Reading officials to pave the way for the pair to join in a £5m deal.

Ferguson - who has already brought in Michael Carrick said: "We are still short of numbers in midfield and and upfront, we need to get players in and I'm very confident of bringing in two new faces before the transfer window closes.

Steve Sidwell and Kevin Doyle made a name for themselves in the Championship last season and have so far not looked out of place in the Premiership. Sidwell is a combative box to box player and the arrival of Doyle is thought to be key in allowing youngster Giuseppe Rossi to join Newcastle on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭solskjaer20

Hi the Green Street Elite can be very persuading.

MANCHESTER UNITED are lining up a double transfer swoop for Reading pair Kevin Doyle and Steve Sidwell.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to have both deals finalised by the end of today as he looks to bolster his squad.

United's chief Exec David Gill has travelled to Berkshire and met Reading officials to pave the way for the pair to join in a £5m deal.

Ferguson - who has already brought in Michael Carrick said: "We are still short of numbers in midfield and and upfront, we need to get players in and I'm very confident of bringing in two new faces before the transfer window closes.

Steve Sidwell and Kevin Doyle made a name for themselves in the Championship last season and have so far not looked out of place in the Premiership. Sidwell is a combative box to box player and the arrival of Doyle is thought to be key in allowing youngster Giuseppe Rossi to join Newcastle on loan.

I presume that this is a wind-up?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hobart wrote:
    I presume that this is a wind-up?

Why would you think that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

What a bizzare transfer to West Ham this could be. I just don't understand it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭marius

besty wrote:
    What a bizzare transfer to West Ham this could be. I just don't understand it.

Have a look in the 'Is Tevez coming to Europe' thread - second page. There is a link there that will explain it all.

This is really bad for football in general, not just UTD. Whether is is money laundering or simply stopping other clubs from signing big players that is happening - it is all bad. Basically West Ham is being used by Abrahmovic/Chelsea to stop other clubs signing them and to see if they can settle in London.

I wonder how Hammers fans feel about this? It really cant be good for them, no development of their own young players - and in place they get two legends who will deffo not be aroud next year. Very disruptive for the club I would think.

Is West Ham now a proving ground for foreign Chelsea buys?

marius wrote:
    Have a look in the 'Is Tevez coming to Europe' thread - second page. There is a link there that will explain it all.

This is really bad for football in general, not just UTD.

Agreed, its a load of trollip,a load of fúckin trollip. Its come to a stage now where ABU's will become extinct, leading the way for ABCs (Chelski) or more to the point ABA (anything but Abromovich).

I choked on my cornflakes....discusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

This is complete ****in bs whatever about not selling your own players to rivals but to stop them signing anyone at all is complete bs

You got this off Man Utd Talk didn't you. Some WUM driving them all cracked on there.:D

id say tevez will want to sign for United seeing as he is a club fan as well. mascherano on the otherhand is a different sory and the type of player we really need. if chelsea have anything to do with the west ham signing which i doubt anyway, its a load of ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I cannot believe what i have just read.....West Ham....2 players who we ought to be signing go to West Ham...something isn't right here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Haha hilarious! West Ham for the League!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

AthAnRi wrote:
    You got this off Man Utd Talk didn't you. Some WUM driving them all cracked on there.:D

No comment:cool:

The manutd talk forum looks like its been taken over by a pill popping freak alright:D

Time to stick with Sky, bbc, F365 and other reputable sources for the remainder of the transfer deadline day methinks...

No comment:cool:

The manutd talk forum looks like its been taken over by a pill popping freak alright:D

Time to stick with Sky, bbc, F365 and other reputable sources for the remainder of the transfer deadline day methinks...
    :eek: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Hmm, it's similar to the Shaun Wrigh-Philips situation. Chelski were nowhere to be seen until the last minute when they hijacked Arsenal's bid, and look what an important signing he turned out to be.

It's a fishy one alright, but how could you prove that it's unsporting?

Hobart wrote:
    I don't really follow you Tom. What do you mean? Is it because Roman owns a stake in it, that you find this in someway suggestive that the company is "dodgy"?

Go Google Fifa Rules Derick, If as you say Roman owns a stake in MSI and corianthians by extension he is in serious breach Of FIFA rules.

You seem to be in the know on MSI , what exactly is their source of income?

The Muppet wrote:
    Go Google Fifa Rules Derick, If as you say Roman owns a stake in MSI and corianthians by extension he is in serious breach Of FIFA rules.

You seem to be in the know on MSI , what exactly is their source of income?
    I don't really know, and I haven't time to disect the financial statements of MSI. It is reported that Roman owns between 15% and 18% of MSI.

I don't really remember saying that Roman had any stake in Corinthians.

MSI do bank roll a number of players that play for Corinthians, a totally different matter than saying that Abramovic has a steak Brazillian club. AFAIK, Roman is Chairman of only 1 club, and is not in breach of any FIFA rules.

I'd be interested in finding out from you exacty what rule by FIFA MSI/Roman have allegedely breached?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that what is happening with these players is morally correct or benificial to the players or WH, longterm. But I still don't get the whole "Roman is in trouble" type vibe you seem to be on.

Just as an aside, Football is not the only business MSI are involved in ;) . I understand that they are shareholders in Media companies in Europe. Who knows, some of them might be in Ireland?

Hobart wrote:
    I don't really know, and I haven't time to disect the financial statements of MSI. It is reported that Roman owns between 15% and 18% of MSI.

I don't really remember saying that Roman had any stake in Corinthians.

MSI do bank roll a number of players that play for Corinthians, a totally different matter than saying that Abramovic has a steak Brazillian club. AFAIK, Roman is Chairman of only 1 club, and is not in breach of any FIFA rules.

I'd be interested in finding out from you exacty what rule by FIFA MSI/Roman have allegedely breached?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that what is happening with these players is morally correct or benificial to the players or WH, longterm. But I still don't get the whole "Roman is in trouble" type vibe you seem to be on.

Just as an aside, Football is not the only business MSI are involved in ;) . I understand that they are shareholders in Media companies in Europe. Who knows, some of them might be in Ireland?

But these reports/rumours have been denied by Abramovic. So from that I take it that it is not exactly the most legit thing in the world. I'm no expert but I'd imagine it would be a serious conflict of interest.

AthAnRi wrote:
    But these reports/rumours have been denied by Abramovic. So from that I take it that it is not exactly the most legit thing in the world. I'm no expert but I'd imagine it would be a serious conflict of interest.
    That's very true. I don't really want to hijack this thread, but I don't really see how his "alleged" shareholding in any business, could be in breach of any FIFA rules. It's not as if he has an alleged controlling steak.

I suppose it would be tantamount to SAF buying players from an agency run by his son. It's hardly above board, but nobody has proved that anything wrong went on. Therfore, no wrong doing no punishment.

Anyhow, back on topic I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Liam miller has left the ireland squad for a medical at Sunderland.

Was he not one of the players Keane criticised in 'that' interview?

• Advertisement
Advertisement