Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2006 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Apparently yes, but when you're near the bottom of the championship and manager of Sunderland, the fact is he has to set his standards low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Liam miller has left the ireland squad for a medical at Sunderland.

Was he not one of the players Keane criticised in 'that' interview?

Criticised at that level yes, he isn't a United quality player, proven by the fact he did well at Leeds...he'll do a job in the championship for Keano (or else :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The Muppet wrote:
    With all these dodgy companies involved in football nothing surprises me any more. Who exactly are MSI?

If this is true hopefully United will get to sign reo coker.

MSI run Corinthians in Brazil.

Unless you have something more substantial than your opinion, lets be careful about which companies we cast aspersions on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

ah yeah in light of pending lawsuits and all that!!!

Miller will probably do well at Sunderland. Believe Kavanagh has gone too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

wow gwan the keano.

Yorke, miller and Kavanagh would be great last minute signings at this stage and in the position they are in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

those 2 Corinthian players going to West Ham has to be a joke, 2 big players like them.
    No offence to West ham fans but you would expect these players going to Man utd or Arsenal at lest

Sir alex for me has made a complete hash of this transfer window

it will probly be his last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Solkjaer on loan to Sunderland - someone must be joining - only 1 fit striker for next game !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

TheMonster wrote:
    Solkjaer on loan to Sunderland - someone must be joining - only 1 fit striker for next game !!!

Great, and we all know how injury prone Saha is :(

solsjaer on loan?!?!?!?! wtf?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wtf? Someone wanna provide a link for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

I haven't heard anything about that and there is nothing on the website.

Don't see it anywhere myself

Sure you didnt get mixed up with Dwight Yorke?............if thats possible

Tevez and Mascherano moved on PERMANENT basis, so we'd have to pay well over the odds now to ever get em....i've a feeling west ham will have some new owners soon!

evad_lhorg wrote:
    solsjaer on loan?!?!?!?! wtf?!

A rumour was started by some Sunderland fans who emailed Sky Sports News, they read out the email and took it lightheartedly...i may be preoven wrong but i don't see it happenin, with Rossi having just left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Tevez and Mascherano moved on PERMANENT basis, so we'd have to pay well over the odds now to ever get em....i've a feeling west ham will have some new owners soon!
    I go away for a week and West Ham sign the 2 top united targets. What if going on........

Incredible! although will they stay there for long

• Advertisement

sprinkles wrote:
    I go away for a week and West Ham sign the 2 top united targets. What if going on........

Incredible! although will they stay there for long

Depends, they may have a good season and now do well in Europe (could get far in UEFA cup).....although i can see them having 2 good seasons and then moving on, with West Ham (and new owners MSI) making huge profit!!

We'll prob pay 20 odd million for Mascherano in the next 2 years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Depends, they may have a good season and now do well in Europe (could get far in UEFA cup).....although i can see them having 2 good seasons and then moving on, with West Ham (and new owners MSI) making huge profit!!

We'll prob pay 20 odd million for Mascherano in the next 2 years!
    I´d like to know the details of the transfers, length and money paid. There´s something fishy about it.

Unearthly wrote:

It does sound like someone messing about to me, as i said before somebody sent an email into SSN and people have just picked up on it from there....still don't think will happen! If it does though, we'd need to bring someone in!

Be good to have Smith back as a forward soon too !

Simple.... MSI linked with west ham take over when they were in the championship. Corinthians also had major debts up to 20 mil+ and MSI stepped in and said theyd look after their debts once tehy split the clubs profits with them 50/50. which in turn meant that MSI ahd a huge control over the clubs players. Me thinks somebody on the MSI board is a Hammers fan tbh. lol

so anyway MSI ...as they proabbly have somethin in the pipeline for west ham and pretty much own corinthians at the moment are keeping it all to themselves.

dicks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i have heard reo coker is on his way to united now. Again i dont know how reliable this is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Holy mother of god, the emotions I have gone through this past 24 hours.

:confused: Rossi moves to Newcaslte
    :rolleyes: Cole to Pompey
    :o Ince to Swindon!
    :D I open SSN to see Tevez and Mascherno both move to...(presuming its Man Yoo)
    :eek: Actually finish reading the report and find out its West Ham.
    :mad: Rumours of Chelsea involvement in loan deal.
    :eek: Permanent deal for Tevez and mascherno
    :cool: Malbranque to Spurs.
    :( Solskjaer to Sunderland

All im missing is :);):p

well :p chelsea dont get ashley cole....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The forums seem to be fairly certain about Reo Coker anyway....announcment expected soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

fade2black wrote:
    The forums seem to be fairly certain about Reo Coker anyway....announcment expected soon...

SO help me god I will have your babies if that is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

so how much did tevez and mascherano cost west ham?.
    or did chelski sort it out?.

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Be good to have Smith back as a forward soon too !

He starts tonight for the reserves against Blackburn.

He starts tonight for the reserves against Blackburn.

Ye, its on MUTV isnt it? half 6? bit annoyed they didnt show the Preston reserve game live but anyway

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Ye, its on MUTV isnt it? half 6? bit annoyed they didnt show the Preston reserve game live but anyway

yeah 7PM kick off. Kuzczak also starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

hawker27 wrote:
    so how much did tevez and mascherano cost west ham?.
    or did chelski sort it out?.

Undiscloused and all details of the transfer are to be kept under lock and key according to SSN. Something very fishy going on there.

It'll be interesting to see how the get on. West Ham to be pushing for Champs League spot if them 2 produce what they are capable of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭SteM

fade2black wrote:

I don't see why this would happen. Why would WH take in 2 world class players only to get rid of one potentially great midfielder. Doesn't make sense to me.

SteM wrote:
    I don't see why this would happen. Why would WH take in 2 world class players only to get rid of one potentially great midfielder. Doesn't make sense to me.

errrr...money? the player may want to leave also?

cant say ive noticed reo-coker at all. is he good?

Good box to box midfileder, i'd like him but not at the kinda price we'd have to pay for him!

Not sure if he'd complement carrick though!

fade2black wrote:

what forums? I'm on a lot right now and nobody has mentioned it.

SteM wrote:

I think you answered your own question there.

what forums? I'm on a lot right now and nobody has mentioned it.

Is your username ironic? If it is it's pretty funny.

Anyway, try Red Cafe for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I would be very happy with Reo-Coker. Nothing going on for the night, at least I won't be bored!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Fade, keep the needling out and focus on the football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,667 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its a disgrace that united didnt go for mascherano

and im really disappointed with the summers transfers
    carrick for 14 million and more depending on success
    way to much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

West Ham are most likely going to be bought out by the company that had the signatures of Tevez and Mascherone. Hence the reason why these players moved there and the serious lack of a signing fee being disclosed.
    The club are in a better position with these players there, and why not bring them in before the club was bought out to improve the clubs chances of doing well. Since they (MSI) already "owned" the players this would be cheap to do.
    Mark my words there is a hell of a lot more to happen regarding West Ham in the next few weeks. Of course I have no link, this is a news and speculation on my part.

In regards United transfers, I still see Hargreaves making it in before 12 tonight.
    Dont really want to see anyone else coming in although the fact that Rossi has been leant out could point to the addition of a striker.
    Kippy

p_larkin99 wrote:
    errrr...money? the player may want to leave also?

What makes you think West Ham need money? They've just signed two of the brighest prospects around so there's obviously money coming from somewhere. Why would the player want to leave when West Ham have just signed 2 potential world stars, he's young and would want to be part of any success that could come their way.

fade2black wrote:
    I think you answered your own question there.

What are you talking about? West Ham need 2 central midfielders, Reo-Coker and Mascherano. Who do you think Mascherano will be replacing in midfield, do you really think it'ss be Reo-Coker?

Face it, the United forums are full of sh1t when it comes to transfer speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Fat Ronaldo just arrived at Gatwick Airport to Sign for ???????

From Rednews.co.uk:

From MUTV, 6pm show
    Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Increasingly unlikely that United will be adding to the squad"

SteM wrote:
    What makes you think West Ham need money? They've just signed two of the brighest prospects around so there's obviously money coming from somewhere. Why would the player want to leave when West Ham have just signed 2 potential world stars, he's young and would want to be part of any success that could come their way.

Hence them needing money, they've just spent (assuming) money on two new players!

He may want champs league football, to be in a team challenging for the title, and to be honset we all know that a move to a bigger club (THE BIGGEST) will help his England chances!

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:

Please no.

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Hence them needing money, they've just spent (assuming) money on two new players!

He may want champs league football, to be in a team challenging for the title, and to be honset we all know that a move to a bigger club (THE BIGGEST) will help his England chances!

Assumptions. There's been no firm talk of a United move for Reo-Coker outside of fan forums.

Who's to say that West Ham won't be taken over next season and then he'd be part of the new Chelsea?

SteM wrote:
    Assumptions. There's been no firm talk of a United move for Reo-Coker outside of fan forums.

Who's to say that West Ham won't be taken over next season and then he'd be part of the new Chelsea?

I never have said that i think he's joining (or assumed he would), i strongly think he won't... i was just giving reasons why West Ham may need to sell and why he'd want to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

The Muppet wrote:
    Sounds as much likely as your previous "United will still be unveiling theri signing later on". Lots of rumours, no substance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

SteM wrote:

Aparently Reo-Coker has a clause in his contract saying he can leave if one of the top 3 clubs come in for him. That would mean UTD couls buy him but Arsenal couldn't. Doesn't mean it's gonna happen though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement