Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2006 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

PHB wrote:
    Yeh, just like that Scholes guy.
    heh good point
    Like Zola?

Anyway, he's only there as Back Up, roeder will play him whne needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

PHB wrote:
    Yeh, just like that Scholes guy.

yea who scored 2 goals on his debut. youll see rossi in about 2 years playin for a bottom half of the league team or else with an italian side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

What's the story on David Jones? I hear he his a great prospect but isnt getting any playing time. Plus he's almost 22, if he doesnt get a chance soon, he'll be on his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Taken from BBC - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6058028.stm

"Manchester United finance director Nick Humby and commercial director Andy Anson have resigned.
    Humby and Anson, along with chief executive David Gill, are the only non-Glazers heavily involved in the running of United.

The two men helped bridge the gap between the previous plc board and the new ownership structure under American tycoon Malcolm Glazer.

Humby and Anson will leave in February to take up fresh challenges.

Gill admitted he was "very disappointed" at their departure, praising their contribution to the club.

Humby, who joined United in 2002, was responsible for delivering the new stadium expansion on time.

Anson, who arrived in 2004, helped negotiate a record £56.5m shirt sponsorship deal with American banking giant AIG.

Representative of fans' group Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) - formerly Shareholders United - who bitterly opposed the Glazer takeover, have urged Humby and Anson to let supporters know what is happening at the club.

"Now is the time for them to come clean, do the honourable thing and let the supporters know what is going on behind the scenes at our football club," said MUST spokesman Sean Bones.

"At the time of the takeover, Joel Glazer said he would speak to the supporters. They have not done so, which is a shame because we have a lot of questions for them to answer." "

is there much to read into this? thoughts please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

FatherTed wrote:
    What's the story on David Jones? I hear he his a great prospect but isnt getting any playing time. Plus he's almost 22, if he doesnt get a chance soon, he'll be on his way.

yeah ive heard of him, or more to the point seen people go on about him

cant remember where though!:confused:

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Apparently Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has been linked with a move to United in the January transfer window. According to The Guardian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Jaysus, loads and loads more b*ll**** will be printed in the papers over the next few months, feck all of it is worth commenting on until united have actually signed the players.
    I'll be amazed if United arent linked to at least 40 players in the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

is there much to read into this? thoughts please?
    I would think so. It's very unusual for two directors to resign like this, so I would say they are either setting up a new business venture together, or they are being undermined at the club. IMO, the latter is more likely.

This now leaves Gill as the only non-Glazer director involved in the running of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Manchester United are believed to have brokered a deal for 15-year-old Walsall prodigy Evandro Brandao.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?HLID=424116&CPID=8&title=United+close+on+Saddlers+teen&lid=&channel=Football_Home&f=rss&clid=1

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

A fairly down to earth response really. Stan could do with taking a leaf from his book.

So in the next round v southend, will he be doing the same.
    In fairness to the boy lee, he took his goal well.

sofireland wrote:
    So in the next round v southend, will he be doing the same.

GK,Richardson,Smith,Solksjaer and Brown are certs to start. As is Richie Jones. Maybe Silvestre

Heinze might be fit and will be too important to play against Southend. O Shea might feature for the southend game.

Take the rest from the reserves squad IMO

He doesn't have that big a reserves squad, he has 14 on loan! 14 ffs!

Smith needs the games badly, he looked well off the pace.

Heinze i'd say could play again, its only two weeks til the next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Hansen said last night on MOTD that Utd's performance yesterday was the best he had seen from any team in the last 4-5 years !

Pompey up next wkend at OT...

Sizzler wrote:
    Hansen said last night on MOTD that Utd's performance yesterday was the best he had seen from any team in the last 4-5 years !

Jaysus! :eek: we were good, very good in fact but thats some statement.

It was our best 16 out against Bolton, considering Evra(whos now injured :( ) was fitter and in better form(if thats fair to say) then Heinze lately. Maybe an argument that Smith instead of Ole on the line but Id prefer Ole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

^ Not to mention Park, who at least provides some sort of competition on the wing.

evra and vidic are getting great from united fans at the moment. starting to look like money well spent with those 2. at the moment, evra (unless he is injured after yesterday) is not going to be dropped very easy and heinze will have to play out of his skin to dislodge him. that is somehthing that united fans would not have believed at the start of the season. carrick was immense yesterday and hopefully will turn the united fans now.

rossi and foster did very well too yesterday.

vidic threw himself at everything against Bolton. No messing defending. He's Like Brown only without the fúckups and 5 or 6 times more stronger and reliable

• Advertisement

Vidic is the no nonsense style defender we've missed since stam, he's young too... Its looking good, with competition for places there.

Evra only has a slight knock i believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Vidic is the Bruce and Rio the Pallister - seem to suit playing with each other.

Even though he doesn't look quick I have yet to see anyone out pace him.
    Evra has become a little tiger and looks like he could develop into a top class player.

Delighted to see Carrick pulling the strings - thats 2 good performances in a row so hopefully he will settle in now.

TheMonster wrote:
    Even though he doesn't look quick I have yet to see anyone out pace him.
    Evra has become a little tiger and looks like he could develop into a top class player.
    I wish he'd stay on his feet just a little more than usual, but he is in great form
    TheMonster wrote:
    Delighted to see Carrick pulling the strings - thats 2 good performances in a row so hopefully he will settle in now.
    Agreed. Hopefully this is a sign of more good things from him, but it is only 2 or 3 performances I might add.

See we're being linked with Hargreaves again!!!!

Think Evra and Vidic are going to be two of fergies classic style signings, both low profile til they get to united, then they settle and play like that... its great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

when weren't we linked with hargreaves?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

If O'sh1te looses the ball one more time im gonna spit on the TV screen.

Im watching the Cop -v- Man game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

How does O'Shea continue to get a run in the first team ? He must be absolutely superb in training to make Sir A think that he can do it playing in the top flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

How does O'Shea continue to get a run in the first team ? He must be absolutely superb in training to make Sir A think that he can do it playing in the top flight.
    Anyone see the belly on O'Shea after the match tonight ?
    The guy is well overweight ,disgraceful belly for a professional footballer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I give Rio two years at best in manchester.

Not knocking the guy, he's good but Heinze and Vidic are both better IMO.

Also this whole 'I've got a tv programme'. I just think he's the kind of person Fergie would naturally hate. The total anthetesis to the Paul Scholes model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

HaHa..."disgraceful belly".

gosplan wrote:
    Also this whole 'I've got a tv programme'.

which is a big load of trollope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Yeah saw that alright...he'll be a fat f*cker when he gives up football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

its the best start to the season united have had since 1993.
    we can just hope that we dont slip up and chelsea do but its good to see us scoring more than them at least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

And conceded the same amount too. Defence is playing excellent stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Great result for Utd today.......lets hope they keep it up. The last 2 seasons at this satge they were well of the pace of Chelski, and when they put a run together it was too late, so lets hope the run this season really puts Chelski under pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

lets hope so but we can only see when more games are played. lets hope as well that we can put together a good run in europe too

evra and vidic are putting in top class displays all around now, id say this is the best defensive start to a season we have had in years, even in 99 we have conceded a shed load of goals by now. our first 11 is playing brilliantly at the moment and (not thats its going to happen) if we can keep every1 fresh and fit, then we will be right up with chelsea to the end.

however, our squad strength is worringly thin, its time that fergie actually realised that the likes of silvestre, o shea, fletcher(though he has been good this year), richardson, even browne, are just not good enough to succeed at this level anymore. The standard has been raised and these players, while can do a job if only one or 2 are in the team, are collectively not good enough.

together with the 11 that played today, id only have ole, heinze, smith(when he gets fit), kuz, park, with rossi and foster coming back (possibly evans and martin also) as being genuine united players. i hope we bring in another midfielder and a striker in january.

still, we are going in the right direction, but we need more back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Does anyone know anything about that young portuguese lad(maybe 17) they signed from one of the lower leagues think he's a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Didnt hear about that one, when did it happen?

• Advertisement

its time that fergie actually realised that o shea [is] just not good enough to succeed at this level anymore.
    :eek:

Says the great defender of O'Shea?

Have you lost it man?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

james123 wrote:
    Does anyone know anything about that young portuguese lad(maybe 17) they signed from one of the lower leagues think he's a striker

Saw it reported in a few places at the time.....

http://www.fansfc.com/manchesterunitedfootballclub/news.asp?newsid=158849

19:06 10/24/2006

Manchester United Football Club are reportedly closing on Evandro Brandao.

The Portugal Under-17 international is currently with League One side Walsall, yet it is being reported that the two clubs have agreed a deal that will see the 15-year-old sign a two-year deal at Old Trafford.

The youngster has lived in England for the past nine years and played for United in the Nike Cup held in Manchester in August, when he further impressed Sir Alex Ferguson.

It is now believed that Brandao will sign a deal with United when he returns to the country from international duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Southend 1 United 0

Great free kick from Freddy Eastwood. David Jones has hit the post and Ronaldo has had a smashing shot saved well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Saw on the paper today we have 13 players loaned out. Some players gone to big clubs. I asked on here recently about Howard and he seems to be doing well. We have Evans and Bardsley at Rangers, how are they doing? Pique at zaragoza, hows he doing? I presume nobody watches Belgium football to report on the players gone to Royal Antwerp?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

Saw on the paper today we have 13 players loaned out. Some players gone to big clubs. I asked on here recently about Howard and he seems to be doing well. We have Evans and Bardsley at Rangers, how are they doing? Pique at zaragoza, hows he doing? I presume nobody watches Belgium football to report on the players gone to Royal Antwerp?!

Official site on loans
    Tuesday, November 7, 2006

United's army of loan players were in action again over the weekend, but again enjoyed and endured mixed results at their respective clubs...

Fraizer Campbell scored twice as Royal Antwerp notched a 3-0 home victory over KVSK United. Campbell and Danny Simpson were both substituted in the dying embers of the game, while Jonny Evans and Darron Gibson completed 90 minutes as Antwerp consolidated second spot in the Belgian second division.

Ritchie Jones was a 76th-minute substitute and won a late, match-clinching penalty as Colchester shocked Championship leaders Cardiff with a 3-1 win at Layer Road.

Tim Howard turned in another fine performance, but was unable to prevent Fulham beating Everton at Craven Cottage. Claus Jensen's deflected strike was enough to give the Cottagers all three points.

Giuseppe Rossi completed 90 minute for Newcastle, but was unable to notch his second Magpies goal in a disappointing 1-0 home defeat to Sheffield United.

Phil Bardsley was an unused substitute and Lee Martin was not involved as Rangers' woeful season continued with a 2-1 defeat at Dundee United.

Chris Eagles was a late substitute in NEC Nijmegen's 2-1 home defeat against Willem II Tilburg.

Gerard Pique was an unused substitute in Real Zaragoza's 3-1 home win over Getafe in La Liga.

Ben Foster missed Watford's first win of the season, against Middlesbrough, with a knee injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

Well, wasn't he, according to prior reports, choosing between United and Chelsea.

This is good news, to an extent. I have never seen a kid hyped as much as this kid, and kids RARELY live up to their hype.

Didn't robben train with us?
    Then went to chelsea,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,423 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

sofireland wrote:
    Didn't robben train with us?
    Then went to chelsea,
    No, he visited the training ground and had a look around, but did not train.

As for Adu, this isn' all that uncommon. Danny Szeltza(SP) and Eddie Jonhson have previously trained with us and nothing has come of it. As for his talent, there are differing views. I have spoken to a few people who live in America or watch american soccer and i have received mixed reports. Some say he is little more then hypeand hasn't really progressed over the last few years, also that he is too small and wouldn't be able to compete in the premiership. Others have said he has a lot of potential and would be a great signing for the future. I don't know what the truth of it is as all i have seen of him is YouTue stuff, and anyone can look good on YouTube.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Possibly good to have Adu but all the hype about Mikel and he has done sweet fek all so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement