Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Transfer Rumours/Discussion 2006 :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Bring back Gibson from Antwerp and put him in ahead of Fletcher and O'****e.

He was the only player that impressed me in the Ireland B friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

None of those loanees who are due back would help Uniteds cause anyway. I think a player who Fergie should seriously look at is Elano. He's a quality player.

BTW, whatever happened to the Kerlon transfer saga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I wouldnt be suprised if united try and get reo-coker in january if Hargreeves isnt allowed leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I wouldnt be suprised if united try and get reo-coker in january if Hargreeves isnt allowed leave.

I agree, it looks like Hargreeves wont be let leave. Unless, United pay over the top again for a midfielder. I wonder will Dong make it at OT, now that he is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Fergie does have a habit of buying players who preform against him, Reo-Coker would be a very welcome addition for me.

We should have some strength in attack,

Rooney, Saha, Rossi, Larrsson, Dong, Smith, Ole

PHB wrote:
    Fergie does have a habit of buying players who preform against him, Reo-Coker would be a very welcome addition for me.

Reasons why Jordi Cryuff, Djemba Djemba, Ronaldo and Thomas Kuscack have been some of his signings. Ah he got half of the right!!

Id like to see Reo Coker come to OT. Decent on the ball, a grafter and plays with his heart. Only 22 or 23 I think. Trouble is what would he cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Archimedes wrote:

BTW, whatever happened to the Kerlon transfer saga?

From Sambafoot.com

"Kerlon - Will he won't he? After injury and a poor 2006 Kerlon appeared to rule out a European transfer in 2007 however with the likes of Manchester Utd, Inter Milan and AC Milan chasing him, don't be surprised if the "the seal dribbler" makes the journey to Europe."

sundula wrote:
    "Kerlon"

headerball!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/58083/great_gribble_kerlon_cruzeiro/

kerlon may have pioneered a new dribble technique but it looks like the Equadorian back line have pioneered a new tackle to combat Kerlon aka " The Kick in the Chest"

Andy Todd and Ben Tatcher would be proud

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:

Ole is off to sunderland on loan in january. Smith cant take a hint, and rossi isnt excaclty setting things alit at newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

is that confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I would be amazed and disgusted if Ole was sent out on loan. He proved before the hamstring injury that he has a vital part to play this season, so it would make no sense at all to send him out on loan at his age and at a vital part of the campaign.

And no it's not confirmed it's just a rumour.

Ole is off to sunderland on loan in january.

What are you basing this on? Before the hamstring injury, Ole was looking quite good.
    Smith cant take a hint,

He can't take a hint? Pretty odd considering he has been injured for the majority of the last year, what hint has he been given exactly?
    and rossi isnt excaclty setting things alit at newcastle.

Perhaps, but I don't think you'll be surprised to find that I believe he will be a success at United, and can begin to have an effect this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Ole is off to sunderland on loan in january. Smith cant take a hint, and rossi isnt excaclty setting things alit at newcastle.

Maybe Ole wants to go out on loan so he would get more games. It just seems strange to me. I can't see it happening and I certainly hope it doesn't - we will need him.
    Smith will be an asset for us when he's back to fitness. A hard working versatile forward, very useful to have in the squad.
    I'm not to pushed about Rossi. if he turns out to be good it I'd be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

PHB wrote:
    He can't take a hint? Pretty odd considering he has been injured for the majority of the last year, what hint has he been given exactly?

Well Smith was offered out on loan, which shows he's somewhat surplus to requirements i guess..Im sure fergie isn't mad to be rid of him or anything, but that would indicate he feels he could do without him, at least untill he gets back full fitness and match practice, which probably isn't going to happen that far down the pecking order (saha and rooney set in stone first choice, larsson will be playing a fair bit, Ole is prob ahead and even rossi if he's back is prob ahead given this is make or break time for him), beyond the odd few games here and there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

Ole is off to sunderland on loan in january.

He is? But Fergie just said yesterday

"Our standard of play has been very good but we have been missing some chances, like in Sunday's match. Hopefully the experience of Henrik and Ole Gunnar [Solskjaer] will make it decisive for us."

Doesn't sound like someone who is going out on loan to me .

Also, I think it's unfair to judge Rossi on his spell at Newcastle. It must be really difficult for both him to make an impact and for Roeder to play him given their position at the moment. Maybe if he comes back to playing in a 'winning' team that is playing confident football will help him show his obvious skill.

He does seem lightweight though.

PHB wrote:
    What are you basing this on? Before the hamstring injury, Ole was looking quite good.

Keane wants an apperantly fergie isnt hugely pushed ovr keeping him. With Larrson in now, i cant really see a place for Ole in the squad if all 3 players are fit.

Well, as Rebel pointed out, trying to ship him off to cardiff and leeds isnt excactly a good sign.
    Perhaps, but I don't think you'll be surprised to find that I believe he will be a success at United, and can begin to have an effect this season.

definitly not surpised by that, but i definitly will be suprised if he actually is a success at united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

PHB wrote:

Dong will be going to some feeder club for the rest of the season so as to be able to qualify playing in England next year. He was only signed because of his marketing potential as one of China's hottest prospects. He'll disapear like Du Wei did in Celtic in a season or two.

Rossi is going to be 20 in Febuary next year, if he was going to make a breakthrough, he would have done it by now. The fact that Roeder would rather play Siberski and Emre upfront than use Rossi says it all.

Larsson will definitely be gone by Summer and there's a good chance that Smith or Ole will follow him out the door. I'm guessing that Ferguson will probably go for a big name player like Torres and keep either Smith or Ole in reserve.

Dong will be going to some feeder club for the rest of the season so as to be able to qualify playing in England next year. He was only signed because of his marketing potential as one of China's hottest prospects. He'll disapear like Du Wei did in Celtic in a season or two.

He's all ready cleared I think Click here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Trilla wrote:
    He's all ready cleared I think Click here
    Apologies, looks like you're right. I still doubt that he'll play a single game for United this season, let alone score.

• Advertisement

Dong has quite a bit of pace and knows where the goal is, I doubt he'll ever been a Saha or Rooney, but he has a chance.

In the last 3 days, Fergie has stated that
    A. Smith will not being going on loan
    B. Ole will play a part in the 2nd half of the season

The judgement of Roeder on whether or not a player is good, is about as respected by me as the judgement of anyone on this board, especially considering his attitude towards Luque (a player Barca are after)
    His preformance or lack of at Newcastle mean very little to me.

do his performances for United mean very little too then?

So its just his performances for the reverses you rate?

His preformance for United have been quite good imo. I've only watched him a couple of times in the reserves, as I don't have MUTV, but what I've seen of him, he was very impressive there. But we all know reserve success can mean very little. His preformances for United however when playing with a proper team have been very good, and has even got a couple of goals to his name. He is still young and still developing, and I think he'll make it at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

PHB wrote:

In the last 3 days, Fergie has stated that
    A. Fergie will not being going on loan

jesus I hope fergie doesnt go on loan. Queroz would ruin everything.:p

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Simple fact is that Fergie cant afford to risk bleeding young players or giving Alan Smith games. Every game means too much, Chelsea wont lose many games between now and the end of the season so even one slip up is huge.

Theres no league cup for the young players to prove themselves in. United generally field strong teams in the FA Cup so there chances will be limited. Add to that the signing of Larsson and the young strikers will need an injury to another player to get a chance imo.

Im happy to have Smith in the squad, but really I dont see what role he will play. He is not good enough to start ahead of Saha/Rooney. Coming off the bench Larsson and Solskjaer are far better options. So again he will need an injury to another player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I don't really see a place for Smith. He looked really unfit in the Carling Cup matches earlier in the season and won't get back to match fitness sitting on the bench, if he can even claim a place on the bench with Larsson and Ole ahead of him.

I think Rossi will come good, it might be easier to come into a team that's on form, then again maybe not.

I look forward to Richarson being flogged. On top of him not being good enough, he's always struck me as an easily dislikable player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

I said before the Villa game that Ronaldo was manutd's best performer this season and his two goals today only proved that and without the so called world class Rooney.

I would put Ronaldo followed by Vidic and Van Der Sar as manutd's best players to date this season, as for Rooney, he's been quite ordinary this season. I dont think SAF is playing him in his best position but rooney is ment to be world class:rolleyes: so he should be able to play any position he is asked.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Rooney IS world class. He is off form at the moment but a Rooney in full stride is unstoppable. Remember Rooney last season with Ruud playing alongside him? That was world class. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

I would put Ronaldo followed by Vidic and Van Der Sar as manutd's best players to date this season

Bit harsh on Scholes. While Ronaldo was defo the MOM, Scholes was fantastic aswell, moving the ball around very very well, and he's been doing that all season.

I think the 1st half today showed what Carrick brings to the team, always makes himself availible for the pass, something Fletcher doesn't do as well.
    I've heard reports he's out for a month, in which case, :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Anyone got a link for scholes' goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

sofireland wrote:
    Anyone got a link for scholes' goal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ukquCzx64

great result yesterday. the coldest game i have ever been to but it was well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

Looks like Phil Bardsley is going to Sunderland on loan.

Still think we need 3 more players. Another striker someone like Carew or Klose. A Center midfielder, Still dont think Carrick's good enough. And a right back for back-up for Neville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Brown is more than capable of covering at RB. Fergie is considering whether to let Johnny Evans go to Sunderland too, this is interesting because, Fergie says he might keep him at OT. Ive never seen him play but heard great reports. If he stays it could be the end for Silvestre?

Up front I think we are sufficient, I would of course like to see a striker signed but I think midfield is the priority at the moment. We are heavily reliant on Scholes atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/united.shtml

"
    BOOZY Manchester United players shocked locals when they launched into a chant calling for Scousers to be BURNED during a Christmas party in a city centre pub. "

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/united.shtml

"
    BOOZY Manchester United players shocked locals when they launched into a chant calling for Scousers to be BURNED during a Christmas party in a city centre pub. "
    Great to see. :)

Ah Jaysus if I hear or read another person saying that they want to see another striker in in Jan I'll combust!
    We have (or will have) Saha, Rooney, Solskjaer, Larsson, Smith, Rossi ..it's enough.
    Whereas in central midfield we have Scholes, Carrick, JOS and Fletcher (and maybe Park when he gets fit). If Scholes is out we have no one to unluck defences from the centre midfield (Carrick is only ok at this). If Carrick is out we have no one to win the ball, provide cover and keep it moving (and Carrick isn't even great at this anyway imo). JOS and Fletcher are so bad it's hard to believe. I think the only place that Fletcher can be of even the slightest use is running up and down the wing when we're stuck.
    We need a CM in now. Getting two good 'uns would be handy so we would then have four decent CMs for cover and a bit of competition.

I said before the Villa game that Ronaldo was manutd's best performer this season and his two goals today only proved that and without the so called world class Rooney.

Yep, despite all his doubter, he's now got the same amount of goals as Saha and Rooney in the premiership from midfield. He's improving every game I see him. both him and Scholes have been way more important than either Saha or Rooney

Trilla wrote:
    Yep, despite all his doubter, he's now got the same amount of goals as Saha and Rooney in the premiership from midfield. He's improving every game I see him. both him and Scholes have been way more important than either Saha or Rooney
    Ye, he did really well for us yesterday.
    What I was most happy with, yesterday, was the amount of times he passed it instead of shooting or looking for space to shoot. If he'd been playing on the right wing he probably would have got a heap of crosses in.
    He still did one or two things that made me shout at the TV. Like the no look pass that went astray when it wouldn't have achieved anything anyway. And the juggling with the ball well inside our half and falling on his ass near the end.
    But his improvement is still steadily going up.
    Don't stop learning please Cristiano:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

PHB wrote:
    I think the 1st half today showed what Carrick brings to the team, always makes himself availible for the pass, something Fletcher doesn't do as well.
    I've heard reports he's out for a month, in which case, :(

Fergie said yesterday....

"Michael did some light training yesterday and reports that he will be out for a month are nonsense. He will be ready for Reading."

I love the way the NOTW put Ronaldo on the front :) We all know what a legend he is at the singing :) Also they changed the words of the song, from makes Beckham look ****, to made England look ****e. Neville led the singing apparently :rolleyes: People wonder the the tabloid press are so laughable.

It's good to see the United players singing like the fans :)

BOOZY Manchester United players shocked locals

They all look really shocked :) I woulda loved to be in that pub, woulda be great.

I do think United will bring in a midfield in January, but I think what Fergie will do most, is clear out the dead weight, freeing up the wages.
    Slyvestre, Richardson I expect to be gone by January. The former being a good buy for most clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I don't think he'll bring in a striker. With Rossi, Solskjaer and Smith (and Larsson!) there should be ample back-up for Rooney and Saha.

I'd say Hargreaves will sign, the Bayern board seem to be more open to the idea now than they were even afew weeks ago saying that as long as they could find a replacement etc. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Fergie pulled something unexpected out of the bag...the number 10 shirt is still vacant after all...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'd say Hargreaves will sign, the Bayern board seem to be more open to the idea now than they were even afew weeks ago saying that as long as they could find a replacement etc.

In almost the very same breath as saying they'd be open to a bid, Uli Hoeness said...

"Nothing is going to happen during the winter transfer window... We have to play Real Madrid in the Champions' League and we are not going to weaken the team. We want to go far in the Champions League, we want to catch Werder Bremen and Schalke in the Bundesliga and we need Owen Hargreaves for that."

Yeah it's hard to know, but at least he's showing signs of thawing (if only a little!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

hope that we get rid of richardson. johhny evans should get some good experience at sunderland, with him then replacing silvestre in the squad, in the summer. id keep onto browne though, he is the obvious choice for replacing neville, in the short term anyway. rossi and dong(thought i dont expect anything from him) could get into the squads for a few games giving a different option. larsson is a good short term option. fergie has his heart set on hargreaves, we will get him, probably in the next 2 weeks.

• Advertisement

johhny evans should get some good experience at sunderland

is that move comfirmed, or likely to happen? I thought I heard Fergie say he wasnt lettin him go but he'd let Bardsley go. Probably got them mixed up have I??

Bardsley has returned from his loan spell from Rangers, Martin is expected to return too...Brdsley is reportedly being shipped out to Sunderlnad for the remainder of the season

Martin is being sent back. Le Guen refused to chance to extend his loan. doesnt really make a difference either way. not one will be in the first team anyway. send them off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Trilla wrote:
    is that move comfirmed, or likely to happen? I thought I heard Fergie say he wasnt lettin him go but he'd let Bardsley go. Probably got them mixed up have I??
    confirmed today. Bardsley has been offered a loan spell there too, Roy's waiting his response. There was rumours of Rossi heading there too...

Its on the back of the sun about rossi goin to sunderland. obviously, yea, it is the sun but still.

• Advertisement
Advertisement