Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumps on West Highlands back

Options
  • 08-11-2006 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    My West Highland Terrier is about 10 years old, and has a "growth" on her back (felt like small spots), but lately they've grown into biggish lumps. She's on painkillers (she tore a ligiment a while back when jumping off a couch), so she may not feel the lumps, but netherless I was wondering what may be the cause?

Does anyone with a westie have a similair problem, or would anyone know what is causing the lumps? Any advice would be nice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Sounds like a trip to the vet is in order.
    Might be somthing simple like a mild rash, allergies to the meds, or might be cysts or boils or such.
    Impossible for anyone here to tell, Id advise you get her to the vet soon as possible.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Best get it checked out with a vet, especially when it is growing. When dogs get old, it is common enough to find lumps but most of the time, in my experience, they are not an issue, just a build up of fluid or something else.

Advertisement