Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Kenny going to Dunfermline??

• 08-11-2006 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The link has now been updated to:

"Kenny to be named new Pars boss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So, Kenny leaving Derry, Fenlon probably moving on from Shels, and rumours that Rico is on his way from CCFC.

Back to the merry-go-round it is then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

ziggy67 wrote:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/d/dunfermline_athletic/6120366.stm

Interesting. Mixed feelings about this because i would like Kenny to do well but i don't like Dunfermline due to their chairman Yorkston being an a**hole.
    He was already doing well!Now he's off to a team bottom of their league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

shame to lose a manager that turned the club around. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sure they Shels or Derry can always bring Keeley back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭damienom

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2006/1110/kennys.html

Done deal so, just on News at One, will manage till next week before leaving only to return in the run up to the Cup Final to prepare the team regardless of the prospect of a replacement being appointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Feck off now and leave a disillusioned squad for the final :p

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

KdjaCL wrote:
    Feck off now and leave a disillusioned squad for the final :p

kdjac

If he was to leave a team of chimps behind for the final they would still beat your lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

seansouth wrote:

If Keely comes anywhere near Shels, I'm never going back.

Could be ROddy after he let the assault thing slide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Im interested to see how he gets on over there. Just on the "merry go round", I find it crazy how much chopping and changing there is in the EL. Top players and top managers are constantly on the move. Must be very frustrating for the fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Can see him doing well over there and altho Derry fans may begrudge him, they should bear in mind whats gone over here this season before the old EL vs SPL crap.

Replays, deductions, top clubs tax issues, etc etc

And in Derrys case he cant take them any further as the ground will probably never be done by the council, so would be increasingly hard to attract players when you cant renovate your ground to play UEFA games in front of more than 3k.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Pity to see such a good manager leave the Eircom League, but you can't blame him. Its the first step up the ladder to eventually moving to a bigger club. Kenny is good at what he does. It wouldn't surprise me to see him at a Championship club in england in the next 4 to 5 years..

Rumours of Joe Kinnear being the next Derry boss :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Pity to see such a good X leave the Eircom League, but you can't blame him. Its the first step up the ladder to eventually moving to a bigger club. X is good at what he does. It wouldn't surprise me to see him at a Championship club in england in the next X

Woah! Flashback time!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50588143&postcount=48

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

MrJoeSoap wrote:

wow... thats a 10 page thread... i'll read the whole lot of it some other time, but i get the general jist of your argument.

Until the EL is properly run and supported, it will always act as a 'feeder' league for players moving to scotland or england etc. Money is the key unfortunately, and until Irish teams can afford to keep their best players its always going to be that way. Any player or manager with natural ambition no matter how dedicated they are to their club will take a move to the bigger leagues every time....

Advertisement