Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr. Darragh Kelly (Esquire)

Options
  • 08-11-2006 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi all,:)

I just wanted to welcome Darragh Kelly into the world. He was born this afternoon about noon and weighted 7 pounds 1 ounce to Patricia (my sister). Derek is the proud father and enjoyed smoking a fine cigar this evening outside Holles (spelling?) Street.:cool:

This is the first time that my parents have become grand parents and the first time that the family has changed since Patricia was born.

Anyway the baby is beautiful, I love him already and I feel like the proudest Uncle in the world and if I am half as good with him as my Uncle Dominic was with me then I think he will do ok.

I wish him a long and happy life and courtasy of my best mate Nick, in the words of the Amstel tradition, "This is going to be great".:D

Regards,

Michael.
    www.iewto.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Congratulations. It's great when a there's a new member to a family and of the next generation especially the first. I'm an aunt for the last 22 years, have 4 nieces and 12 nephews. I've 2 boys myself.

So you'll be offering to do some babysitting then? LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Aww! Got a tear in my eye reading that.

Welcome to the world Darragh Kelly, may your stay be a long & happy one! *raises glass* :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Congrats,Remember when i became uncle for first time too a long time ago.
    Got very drunk even though i had an exam in college the following day.:eek:
    Its always good to see a new generation in the making.
    Congrats again.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Michael O Leary

On behalf of Darragh thanks for the good wishes folks. He came home from hospital today and the family got together for a meal. We all bought toys hoping to be the first but he was only a few hours old when someone came in with a type of bear.

So my mam and dad spent ages holding him tonight. I was waiting for him to do something so they gave me the bottle and let me feed him. Before that my sister was changing him and explaining to the father and me how to do it. As she is finishing she explains to both of us that it is important to put the nappy on quick. I ask why and she answers, just in case he has a wee. However as she said this she looked at us for a split second, just enough time for this stream of urine to arch everywhere covering baby and surrounding area.:eek:

At this stage I went home.:D

Regards,

Michael.
    www.iewto.org

Advertisement