Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend away with kids

• 08-11-2006 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and the GF are thinking of taking the kids away for a budget weekend in December and we're having diffiuclty finiding a lcoation that's cheap, quick and kid-friendly. Any suggestions? Particularly regarding accomodation...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tiggs

hiya...

Where are you based???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Me Dublin them Mayo.
    We're looking at abroad or the kids will lynch us (promise made some time back).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 tiggs

Woudl you maybe try somewher like butlins or the likes in UK - you'd get cheap flights over and its all inclusive!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Why not try the Isle of man for thier family cycling holidays ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭deisemum

My children aged 11 and 9 love going to Manchester. You can get reasonable flights depending on what day's you go. Flights can be more expensive if ManU are playing at home but perhaps you can work around that.

Central Manchester has been rebuilt so it has a modern feel. It's a great city for shopping, sport, museums etc

You can get a direct train into Manchester, takes about 20 mins. We got a good deal in Jurys Inn the first time we went. Stayed in a Travel Inn the last time and it was very reasonable. If you're not too fussed about accommodation but want something cheap and clean there are several Travelodges starting from £15 per room per night.

There are 3 metroshuttle bus routes that provide free hop on hop off transport around the centre of Manchester. We found people very friendly and helpful. There's a lot of Irish there. My children liked travelling on the tram.

One place that we go to on every visit is the Science and Industry museum. It's huge, 5 different buildings. Lots of interactive things for children and it's free. We still haven't seen everything in it. Every sort of thing in the place, planes, steam engines, old cars, interactive science things, the history of industry, all very interactive.

Of course there's Manchester United. Even if you're not into sport the stadium tour is very good. Also Man City.

There's a very good booklet "Manchester a guide for Irish visitors" that's free and you can get from the British tourist office in Dublin or check out www.visitmanchester.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement