Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about NTL...

Options
  • 08-11-2006 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I know this sounds daft - but we've tried everything and not just been girlie, had a few blokes try to sort it as well - I have NTL and for some unknown reason I cannot get the video channel up - for recording that is :confused: - everything connected correctly - to embarrassed to ask before now as its bound to be something silly we're doing wrong but now we're desperate - anyone out there able to assist - in plain english please ????:) Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

There is a scart connection from the NTL that can be plugged into a scart on the VCR.

It then depends how your VCR is then connect to your TV. I can have a look at it if you would like.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

The NTL Box has a dual scart cable coming out of it,
    You need to connect one end to the back of your tv and one end to the back of your vcr.

Set your VCR to channel 0 or the AUX channel and set the NTL box to the channel you want to record.

The benificial thing about this is that i think you can schedule the NTL box to automatically change channel depending on what you want to watch, so you can record several programmes in succession.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Thanks folks, I will check I have all the scarts are connected properly, if it still doesnt work. Astrofluff I will take you up on your offer, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

No probs LMC. There's always a wrong connection somewhere. I'm big into electircal layouts so 'should' have no problems figuring it out if you don't manage to sort it.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Moving the electrical stuff to it's own thread here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement