Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charlesland wood agm tonight.

Options
  • 08-11-2006 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

charlesland wood agm tonight in the golf club at 7pm(ish).
    no relpys needed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Except this reply...I won't make it to the meeting myself but was wondering if we could draw up a list of questions here so those present can ask and nothing gets left till next year?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Or this one!

Shame they can't have it at a time that enables those of us who work in Dublin to get home in time for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

They do this on purpose so people won't be able to make it.
    If not everyone is there, not everyone can complain.

Plus you'll be in the tiny room where if there's too many people they have to abandon the meeting due to health and safety!!

Make sure the management company has a secretary there to take minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Or this one!

Shame they can't have it at a time that enables those of us who work in Dublin to get home in time for it.

Matt has already pre-empted me,....but that is precisely the reason.

Who ever held a meeting at SEVEN PM??

It is always 8 PM Sharp.

Fuggetaboutit...the SEABOURNE/FAIRWAYS version was a washout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Bertie

Wasn't there myself but heard it was a huge success from the residents point of view. A couple of guys bamboozled the chair. They apparently had a load of legal, planning and accounts stuff ready, heard they stopped the budget from being passed and the estate will be handed back to the residents in the spring according to Wyse.Also a new traffic plan is going in and a proper fence along the river.
    Sounds like the residents aren't to messed with in the wood.:D

• Advertisement

we didn't pass our budget either

Hi,

I went along with Wifey.

There were two professional accountants there who pointed out several errors in the auditors report along with the fact that a breakdown of costs was excluded from the accounts.

As a result of which the accounts and auditors report were not accepted and the fee for the Auditor was agreed solely on the provision that the report and accounts are amended to put them in a proper order.

Where the Chair was bamboozled was on the matter of the Proxy for the Directors. Dan (?) Dooley attended as their proxy, but a point was raised that the proxy form that was issued with the accounts to residents was, in fact, incorrect as it left the word "Wood" out of the company name, deeming it unusable. Fortunately the Directors had a correct one. Funny that.

Anyway once that was done, committee stepped down for a new committee to be appointed. The directors were reappointed and then onto AOB.

Timing of the meeting was quite good as the Agent, Derek Reid, is meeting with the developers tomorrow to go over some issues with him and these include the proposed traffic plan, fencing on the river and other items such as the finishing of the common areas and guttering (which doesn't meet the planning application) for the houses.

Derek committed to having minutes finalised by Monday and issued to residents/owners. With the minutes he intends to issue a guideline procedure for handling complaints in relation to noisy neighbours at it has caused considerable concern for two residents of the Wood and has resulted in legal action. It's fair to say we've all had to put up with noise at some point, but not all to the extent that this couple have.

If I missed out on anything feel free to add it.

Just a note on Derek,

He also said he would send out the minutes of the meeting to us by the following monday. That was two weeks ago.

He also told us that he walks around the crescent several times a month to inspect.

Which we know he hasn't done because if he had he would have noticed the state of the gardens and none of our windows haven been cleaned.

Actually don't even get me started!

Mike any truth in Ballymore handing back the estate to residents in the spring ? What is the story on the bus service gutters and parking were these brought up?.
    Dan Dooley who is he ?---not dooleys auctioneers in greystones. Dooleys no longer have anything to do with that -its a Mc Govern guy that owns it now- what was he doin at the meeting if it was him?

Parking was mentioned as part of the traffic plan and there should be something done by way of double yellows at the corners or where applicable. Bus service was also mentioned in relation to extending the hours of service and I've already mentioned the guttering.

Dan Dooley is/was of Dooley's Auctioneers, iirc. A couple of people I spoke with afterwards also wondered what he was doing there as the Proxy, but I guess the directors/members are free to nominate whoever they like.

All Derek would say in relation to the handover was that it would be in "early 2007" whatever that means. Yet again it seems that no defined timelines are being given so that they don't have a deadline to work towards.

• Advertisement

Who were the professional accountant guys were they brought in as proxies by a resident or residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Bertie wrote:
    Who were the professional accountant guys were they brought in as proxies by a resident or residents.

They're actual residents in the Wood. So therefore also have personal interest in stuff being done properly.

Thanks janneG--- but I'm baffled why a local auctioneer of good standing was poxied to act for Ballymore against shareholders if the need arose--- some of whose houses he's selling sold to or could sell . If he acted against us he'd probably do his reputation no good what was the game there.:confused:

Bertie wrote:
    Thanks janneG--- but I'm baffled why a local auctioneer of good standing was poxied to act for Ballymore against shareholders if the need arose--- some of whose houses he's selling sold to or could sell . If he acted against us he'd probably do his reputation no good what was the game there.:confused:
    He did say that he was asked to vote on two specific items, neither of which would have been deemed to cause offence to the membership, and certainly his knowledge of the area assisted when discussing damage to property adjacent to the Three Trouts Stream.

I can only assume the omission of the "r" in proxied was a Freudian slip! :D

He did say that he was asked to vote on two specific items, neither of which would have been deemed to cause offence to the membership, and certainly his knowledge of the area assisted when discussing damage to property adjacent to the Three Trouts Stream.

I can only assume the omission of the "r" in proxied was a Freudian slip! :D
    Oops the r was a typo rather than a freudian thanks Mike what suggestions came up for three trouts apart from a mine field being laid.Did anybody bring up the fact that its full of builders rubble planks scaffolding amongst other things.Its almost like an illegal dump

Different types of fencing/wall were suggested. Someone suggested a residents' initiative to clean the stream which was met with some silence. We pay fees, we pay taxes but they still want us to clean something which isn't our property.

It should all be covered in the minutes when they are issued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 knockoutpunch

New to Charlesland, does each area have its own residents association or is there one representative umbrella group? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

different one for each group eg court have their own mgnt company and committee however the committees are speaking to each other and co-operating in approaching developers etc- could be wrong but i think all the mgnt companies are connected to developers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

I got minutes of the meeting. Couldn't attend due to work. Was wondering what's the story with:

a) the satellite dishes - how are they going to take them down? Hack them down from the front facing houses and trespass on the back gardens of the back facing ones?

b) parking - if your driveway is only long enough for one car can you still park your other car on the road (not a spine road)?

cheers

NB

Was going to wait until the morning to post about the minutes. At no time during the meeting were satellite dishes mentioned, but in the covering letter it states that this matter has arisen from the meeting. Parking was only mentioned in relation to cars parking on the spine road and not outside houses.

Still no sign of the corrected accounts and the minutes circulated only 2.5 weeks after the promised circulation date.

I wonder how Sky would feel about a third party tampering with their property?

• Advertisement

Yeah about the dishes...they don't look great on the front of houses, but I don't want to be the person who stopped someone from having a choice of TV channel supplier.

Seeing as The Wood is in charge by a management company, any chance we could kick NTL off our estate property or even have someone like SKY use the same underground boxes that NTL use? What's the legal position here? Sky could have there own lamppost too with a main dish(planning permission would be needed obviously). Or we could have both and have two systems to choose from and all underground!

On the othparking issue, parking your car on the road outside your house is not a problem unless its in a 'dangerous' position. I suppose the Management company in this instant don't want to be to blame for an injury if they didn't action a request for strict parking.

As for the note about the person who got their Management Fee reimbursed from the Sinking Fund because of a noise complaint with a neighbour, can someone please tell me why Wyse themselves did not paid this as they failed to address the problem right from the start?

Bit late to complain now if you weren't at the meeting. I wasn't but agree I do believe wyse should have paid for it. EGM set for april Bus service to change then from enquiries I made.
    Also the estate will definitely be handed back to residents by Ballymore residential.Also talking to some people that were at meeting- the minutes are totally inaccurate of what happened in fact there are things in them that weren't mentioned at all.:rolleyes:
    Clamping according to wyse will be estate wide and the traffic flow in the second wood will be changed to a one way system also double yellows that should have been put in according to planning permission will be put in all this to be done by the builders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

the sat dish issue.
    in our lease (wood) it says we cannot change the apperance of our house basicaly which includes the likes of dishes. the wicklow planning law says that dishes are not permited on the front of a building. say no more.
    you could always get in touch with your committee for more info if hey can help.

[QUOTE

As for the note about the person who got their Management Fee reimbursed from the Sinking Fund because of a noise complaint with a neighbour, can someone please tell me why Wyse themselves did not paid this as they failed to address the problem right from the start?[/QUOTE]
    Actually it was far more serious than a noise complaint and went to court.We as the management company are also liable for this failure.I dont think this fair but its what we signed up to.
    Rang W.C.C. re dishes It is a condition of planning and each individual signed the lease of easement that they would not erect one on thier house you are in breach of this and also signed up to the right of the management company (all this when you closed the purchase of the house )to remove them if you did .We havent a legal leg to stand on. They have the right to enter and remove them you signed it maybe unwittingly.If you were not aware of this it was your solicitors fault.Did you know you actually need planning permission to put up a dish by law except its not enforced.Christ little dictatorship is this place

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you need planning permission to erect a dish on the front of your house - you do not need it for the back.

If enough people wanted this lease condition removed I don't see why it couldn't be done. But i'm not a lawyer, and I don't have a dish. What's the story with IBB aerials - are they allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 avantarklu

I was there, I was that soldier!

The issue over the waiver of one residents’ management fee was supported by all residents present at the meeting. The details of what happened were appalling and having spoken to the couple afterwards, it was clear how upsetting the whole thing had been. The only way to waive the fees was to have the Management Company approve it (as fees are due to it). Perhaps those commentators above are correct that Wyse should have paid for it. If so, it’s not too late to do something about it. The Management AGENT is a servant of the Mgt Co. and provides a service for a fee. If that service was not provided, then it is up to the Mgt Co. to make the claim against the agent.

The parking issue within the estate, aside from being a health and safety issue at times, boils down to the agreement each and every resident signed up to. The clamping is only going to be for the spine road, which is the responsibility of a separate management company. It will not occur within any of the estates (at present).

Bertie, I admire your optimism regarding the handover of the estate. Don’t assume that everything will be rosy once the Developer steps down.

The issue of dishes and planning is wholly irrelevant until such time as a freeholder takes a successful legal challenge against the agreement we all signed up to, individually, when we purchased. I read this document and unless I am very much mistaken, the agreement allows for the Mgt Co to enter your property, remove the offending item and bill you for the expense. The problem with doing this may be however, that the laws concerning freehold property rights and the laws covering our agreement may be incompatible and therefore potentially subject to legal challenge. And yes, the rules apply equally to BB aerials as to dishes. I’m pretty sure that the wording in the agreement is that we will not make any alterations in or to the property. Rules out a lot!

Well Avant, I'd hate to be the person who is made an example of Re: taking down of dishes. this is obviously going to to be long fought out battle. Yes, people do want Sky, and as per my previous suggestion is there any chance of getting an underground service installed. Its not like the techonology and infrastructure is not available! I'm sure Sky could make some money from providing a far superior service through a 'legal' infrastructure!

As for the noise complaint, as I was unable to attend the AGM I don't know to what extent of nuisance was put with. I don't wish to take away from the reason why the sunking fund was used but merely to point out that in interpreting the minutes it sounded like Wyse failed to address the complaint appropriately. I wish the best for those people who had the nuisance and hope that they never have to experience it again nor anyone else (including me!).

I think it would be technically complicated to provide a centralised dish - Sky update their boxes, do Pay-per-view, Sky+ scheduling etc via the dish. If you have more than one Sky box in you house then you need a dish with a dual or quad LNB. Can't see how they would be able to accomodate this centrally.

They'd have to setup a mini-cable system, which ain't gonna happen. Also - NTL may well own the actual cable in Charlesland.

First dishes taken down and left in front gardens.Neighbour goin ga ga sought advice and nothing he can do he was in breach of the terms of his lease and planning by having it to the front of the house so he was told

• Advertisement

what about dishes to the rear? (how would they get in anyway)

Advertisement