Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Service

Options
  • 08-11-2006 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Please move if this isnt the appropriate place for this thread.

How much would you pay for a Car Service?

I got mine done there and was charged €198 (excl labor). Its a 97 Mazda 323.

Thought it was a bit steep. What do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Motors forum

You'll get better answers there if you provide some more info too. Reported :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved to Motors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

my last car service cost me less than 40 quid, cos i did it myself
    air fuel oil filters, oil

So dellas, what work did they do? Regular service, oil etc. or unusual extras such as a timing belt changed and other things?
    What does it say on the bill?
    Is there a breakdown of costs?
    Was it a Mazda dealer or private garage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

no breakdown in cost. Just says service €198.

Am a bit annoyed today. It wasnt a Mazda dealership or anything. Just a local garage. I think I may have to ring him to see why it cost €198.

Its a bit braizen, me thinks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bit pricey alright. I had my Fiesta serviced shortly before I traded it (for NCT and all that) back in february/march and it only cost me €110 from an independent garage.

I would have said that getting it done at a Mazda garage would have cost you a lot but that does seem steep but until you know what they actually did then I'm afraid that you're stuck.

Get an exact breakdown from them, right down to brands used etc. Try to get it from them in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

€198 excluding labour = €198 for parts.

OP, I;ve been meaning to ask...

Didn't you ask them what had they done?

Were any new bulbs added? New sparks? New sensors? Do you actually know what they did or did you just hand the car in, get it back, take the bill and drive home without a word from anyone?

Any more info? Normally a service is just 'exactly what it says on the tin' but was there anything remotely unusual mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'd like to a itemised bill. Most people get ripped off when they get their cars serviced.

• Advertisement
Advertisement