Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffice Wardens on strike?

Options
  • 08-11-2006 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if these lovely chaps are still on strike??
    The longer the better hopefully...

Sorry, incorrect spelling in title, Traffic even..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

They are not actually on strike. They are refusing to use the new hand held devices for issuing tickets. The City Council have now had to order the old type books of tickets and they are using those. Of course they take longer to write and consequently there will be fewer issued!
    Also there is doubt as to the legality of the temporary books now in use as there is no box for the warden to tick to indicate the type of parking offence!
    The lawyers will have a field day again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭motormouthmable

lasno wrote:
    They are not actually on strike. They are refusing to use the new hand held devices for issuing tickets.

only in ireland! i just don't believe it... but on the other hand, if bus drivers are going on strike because the roster is not printed anymore, what really surprises you here?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭IceHawk

Not so much refusing to use them, as demanding an increase in wages to make up for the fact that their job just got... easier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

The ability of Limerick traffic Wardens to ignore, in particular, double parking/dangerous parking on major streets /junctions never ceases to amaze me :cool:

If they all took 6 months off I'm sure it would make zero difference to traffic Flow .... :)

Come to think of it why not just sack the $$$$$$$ lot of them .... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

According to the Limerick post, they should be back to issuing tickets very soon.

Yeah the strike reason is sort of ridiculous. Likely they're arguing that since they could issue tickets easier and faster that constitutes an increase in productivity so they should get more money.
    only in ireland!
    No argument there. If i recall last year to try to help eleviate overcrowding on the LUAS in Dublin last year there were plans to bring in extra carriages. Can you guess what happened?:) The LUAS drivers threatened to go on strike unless they got a pay increase for having an extra 2 - 3 carriages. Eventually the plans were scrapped to stop the threat to the service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement