Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK to get 50Mb broadband in 2007

Options
  • 08-11-2006 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Cable telecoms giant Telewest/NTL, to be rebranded as part of the Virgin empire next Spring, has confirmed that it is currently trialling 50Mb broadband technology. It expects to have the new service, which it says “blows our rivals out of the water” available to subscribers as early as the first quarter of 2007. The high-speed service could transform the delivery of multimedia entertainment to the home

http://avzombie.com/blog/2006/11/08/uk-to-get-50mb-broadband-in-2007/

......we can only dream of speeds like that!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Maxwell wrote:

Cable telecoms giant Telewest/NTL
    not the same as OUR NTL mind
    ......we can only dream of speeds like that!
    ah no, we are quite happy here with 6mbits max from our cable co's .....and no upgrades in the pipeline neither .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sponge Bob wrote:
    ah no, we are quite happy here with 6mbits max from our cable co's .....and no upgrades in the pipeline neither .

And they can't even get that right, while it has improved slightly, Irish sites still routing through UK and some UK sites still routing through Amsterdam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭monkey24

bk wrote:
    And they can't even get that right, while it has improved slightly, Irish sites still routing through UK and some UK sites still routing through Amsterdam.

Ha, I wouldnt even mind if I could get a basic BB package. I have been trying for near 10 weeks now and not managed to get anywhere. I wouldn't mind if I was living somewhere rural but I live in Harolds cross, dublin. Its a complete joke.
    I can't wait to some of these people come around asking for my vote even though they have made a complete mess of this country.

Advertisement