Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB keeps disconnecting

Options
  • 08-11-2006 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

i am recently after getting Eircom BB 3MB home professional. i have a problem in the evening the net drops for maybe 10-20 secs maybe 3-4 times. I have the eircom netopia router when the net drops the green internet light goes red for maybe 10 -20 secs and then goes green again. the other lights stay green while this is happening. i phoned eircom Broadband tech support and they said it was a problem with router so they sent me another one. i phoned tech support again and got someone who was not very helpful at all.

Anyone else encounter this problem

Kinda Sucks if ya want to play online games if ya keep getting booted out :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

anyone got any help on this

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Maybe your line is incapable of supporting stable 3MB broadband?

Knocking it down a package or two might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

CuLT wrote:

Yah, agree...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Yes your line may not be up to the new speed have a read of these links and check your line stats.

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/lowSNR.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

well i have had a wierd problem,

this happens really random times but sometimes it happens alot.

basically what happens i loose connection to the router(all cables are fine and connected perfectly).

like the internet doesnt work and i cant get on to the router to view the settings at all and the wireless connection can not be found anymore).

the lights on this are fine all green
    dsl is green
    internet is green
    wireless is grean
    power is green
    lan 1 is green

just got the internet with eircom(had it before with no problems
    it is the eircom netopia router(the new one with two wireless aerials)
    i have a 2mb line

it sounds to me it is the router that is faulty.

is this like your problem e@gle

anyone know of a fault like this

• Advertisement

have you tried connecting to the router by cable to see if the internet connection is being lost? its important to try to isolate the problem and establish whether its the net connection is causing the problem or the wireless connection between the router and the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

no i use the cable its just i thought it was the lan by its self and check the wireless after it stopped working and i could'nt find it.

i know for a fact the wireless was on aswell.

the only way i can fix it is if i turn it off and back on again.

CuLT wrote:

i think your right i live in a rural area and when i do the test on the eircom website it says that i cant currently get broadband. maybe if i downgrad it to 2 mb it mite work better.

E@gle. wrote:
    i think your right i live in a rural area and when i do the test on the eircom website it says that i cant currently get broadband. maybe if i downgrad it to 2 mb it mite work better.

Did you check your line stats that should give you a definite indication of what your line is capable of.

dub45 wrote:
    Did you check your line stats that should give you a definite indication of what your line is capable of.

how do i go about doing that??

• Advertisement
Advertisement