Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a gas boiler

Options
  • 08-11-2006 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭

Who would I get to do the job of moving a gas boiler. Woud it be a plumber/electrician or someone specifically qualified?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If it's mains gas then you will need a plumber who is Bord Gais approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I presume it is mains gas. It's the place where we turn on the heating.
    We need to move it upstairs out of the kitchen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

You need both a plumber and an electrician, the electrician to come first, kill the power, then the plumbers to relay pipe work, and then the electrician to come back and rewire the boiler, the plumber may very likely be able to initially kill the power himself, it maybe just a matter of turning off a switch spur, and remember I said maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Think this out, do you really need to move this? Are you sure there is no way you can box it up and move the switches? It's a big job.

What's wrong with having it in the kitchen?

Can you maybe move it to a position higher up on the wall from where it is now? Still messy, but a bit easier.

If your hot water is a gravity system, it may need to be set up differently if both boiler and hot water tank are upstairs. But the plumber can sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭willah

A plumber will be able to do the wiring no need for an electrician. And it's not such a big job if the boiler is being moved to the room above the kitchen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement