Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God parent present??

Options
  • 08-11-2006 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all

My husband is going to be God father to my niece. Anyone any ideas for a present a little bit different from the usual silver God parenty thing?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

A present for the baby ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

yeah sorry for the christening (should have mentioned that)

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

I'm not sure how much time you have but both my lads got a present of a painting (watercolour) which included their names and little cartoon characters holding flags showing vital information such as time of birth, hospital, weight, etc. A friend of my wife got them done for both their births and I'm sure they would be able to do the same for Christening/Baptism. If you, or anyone else, is interested I'll see if i can get a contact for the artist that did them. They are very well done and lovely things to have for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

sounds great Squire - can you get the details please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I know its short notice but I've a Christening this Sunday and think that would be lovely can you post the details asap:)

• Advertisement

I'll do my best people, watch this space......

PM sent to dubgirl and foxy06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

Get it a stuffed toy or a mobile or something. No baby needs or wants silver, cept it's shiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

My son received picture frames with baby's name and dob engraved, a birth cert holder, a photo frame with 12 slots for photos from 1-12 months, toys, clothes, a silver piggy bank, cash... so there are many possibilities.

Advertisement