Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After school activities for kids

Options
  • 08-11-2006 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

My pair ar 3 and 4 and im looking for something to keep them active after school. Im in the Dublin 8 area and would consider anything.

They seem to be too young for martial arts and no swimming lessons in the area (i dont drive!) any ideas????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Swimming is a good idea, is there not a pool at all you could get to on a bus occasionally. You could teach them you don't have to pay for expensive lessons, I taught my kids at about that age, earlier the better.

They seem a little young for most things I can think of and will probably be tired after a long day at school (I presume the 3 year old is at nursery?) and lacking in concentration for anything too demanding. Do you have a playground within walking distance they can let off steam ?

Must be difficult not driving unless you live on a good bus route, we have no buses where I live, very rural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 col_boards

Hi

I know its a site I'm involved in but it might provide some ideas - I havent put in Dublin 8, but you can find the range of after school activities that are generally popular at www.schooldays.ie

And the page on afterschool activities, from the parent page would be where you can start a search from.

Hope this helps, as well as being a bit of an ad!

Advertisement