Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have no idea....

• 08-11-2006 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Of where to go for work experience.
    I like going to gigs and stuff, and possibly meeting new people, so would the RDS or the point take me on or something?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Worth ringing them. I went to a recording studio for mine, have a look through the phonebook and try a few different ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Buttons_sb

Wooow recording studio, that sounds good.
    What did you have to do there?!?!

Oh, and any other suggestions welcome aswell!:D

Buttons_sb wrote:
    Wooow recording studio, that sounds good.
    What did you have to do there?!?!

Not a lot to be honest! It was Sun Studio's on Crow Street in Temple Bar (I think thats what it was called), not sure if its still there. Basically had to set up the rehearsal studio's in the music centre in the morning, run a few errands and do little odd-jobs, got to sit in on some recording at times.

I also went to RTE but only because I had a connection who got me the place, its apparently hard to get into.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Not a lot to be honest! It was Sun Studio's on Crow Street in Temple Bar (I think thats what it was called), not sure if its still there. Basically had to set up the rehearsal studio's in the music centre in the morning, run a few errands and do little odd-jobs, got to sit in on some recording at times.

I also went to RTE but only because I had a connection who got me the place, its apparently hard to get into.

Oh right! And was it only you there and the guy who ran it?

And did you enjoy RTE?

• Advertisement

Buttons_sb wrote:
    Oh right! And was it only you there and the guy who ran it?

And did you enjoy RTE?

There were quite a few people around, it was a big enough studio and I was between it and the Temple Bar Music Centre a lot doing work for them as well.

RTE was amazing, got to work with all the "celebs" and make props for TV shows, sit in on loads of other shows like Bull Island and that Disney Club thing they used to do, got to meet the band Ash at the Late Late Show rehearsal and loads more. Really good fun altogether.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    There were quite a few people around, it was a big enough studio and I was between it and the Temple Bar Music Centre a lot doing work for them as well.

RTE was amazing, got to work with all the "celebs" and make props for TV shows, sit in on loads of other shows like Bull Island and that Disney Club thing they used to do, got to meet the band Ash at the Late Late Show rehearsal and loads more. Really good fun altogether.

Awesome:D ! Thanks so much for your help, i'll have a look into both of them for my Febuary work exp.
    Thanks again!

If its not til February then RTE is certainly worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Just to let you know, RTE are only taking on TY students in March '07, and a member of your family/friend/whatever working there has to nominate you, and there will be a draw (around 20 students are picked). But you could try getting in through your TY head, it won't work any other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Hmmm... I got into RTE for next week and I know nobody.....
    I applied in July. You dont have to know anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

rip2roar wrote:
    Hmmm... I got into RTE for next week and I know nobody.....
    I applied in July. You dont have to know anyone
    What department are you in? I was talking about the placements for next year, afaik they're only taking TY students in March '07 (my Dad works there, he got me in and obviously got all the info on when they're taking TY students and what their policy is from the orgainsers of their Work Experience programme).

But you could apply anyway and see what happens. I know others who have and they've just been told to go through their TY head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

We don't get a second work experience. This is the first year our school has only had one work experience thing, its terrible, because we really want another one, but they won't let us...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

We don't get a second work experience. This is the first year our school has only had one work experience thing, its terrible, because we really want another one, but they won't let us...
    that is the total opposite of my school,we have another 2 weeks coming up in February and NOBODOY wants to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

In my school we have work experience every friday till the end of the school year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

that...........sounds crap

Advertisement