Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thaedydal cant unban me

Options
  • 08-11-2006 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

seem he can ban, but cant unban.
    Thaedydal wrote:

I consulted with the other pi mods on this and gordon who is also an smod had a look at it.
    Gordon wrote:
    it seems that he can't be unbanned!

I've unbanned two users now and I can't unban this guy.

Tell him that he has to wait for an admin to fix it...

I suggest that you start a help desk ticket on it and see what the admin can do about it.

Thaed

so can anybody help Thaedydal to unban me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

From which forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think the problem lies in the backslashes/forward slashes in your username by the way.

seamus; from PI.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Gordon wrote:
    I think the problem lies in the backslashes/forward slashes in your username by the way.

Must be to do with the same problem that the unregged posters have, nothing but backslashes in their comments.

Good point there Bru.

Gordon wrote:
    That's what I thought when I saw his username. Convenient that you left that line out of Gordon's PM by the way mate.

• Advertisement

It actually wasn't the backslashes, believe it or not. I was a little skeptical that ecksor's script wouldn't take account of them.

The ban should be lifted now.

thanks for directing me to somebody who knows.
    and for your own information so you don't make the same silly mistake again. the problem wasn't with my user name.
    Charming.

So, what was the problem? (as it wasn't a 'mistake' on Thaed's part)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Gordon wrote:
    Charming.

So, what was the problem? (as it wasn't a 'mistake' on Thaed's part)

ask seamus.

the mistake on thaed part was saying that it was my user name...
    it wasn't...

and thanks seamus for sorting out the issue

ask seamus.
    I just did, I wasn't directing my question to you.
    the mistake on thaed part was saying that it was my user name...
    it wasn't...
    As far as I'm aware, she told you to take it up with the Help Desk forum. If she told you that it was your username then it was a hypothesis taken from me. Hence it is I that is mistaken.

I really don't appreciate your snide comments to Thaed in that pm by the way.

The problem was with your username.

If you choose a strange username, then you have to accept it when sometimes things go wrong.

Theadydal and Gordon don't work in IT. I do. I figured out why it didn't work purely because I have experience with HTML and PHP, not because I'm any more capable than anyone else. I'd be very surprised, given your track record, if you could show any more initiative than Gordon or Thaedydal.

You'd probably just call the script an idiot and tell it that it's dumb because it can't figure out what you want it to do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Gordon wrote:
    I really don't appreciate your snide comments to Thaed in that pm by the way.

Neither do I, if I'd seen that PM sooner, I would have left you banned.

For your information, the next ban will be permanent.
    I suggest you play very nicely in PI from now on.
    I'm not as lenient as Thaed and I won't be putting up with the crap you've given her.

Wait, seamus, are you saying that the problem actually was with this guys username?

That's funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

The slashes would have been my first guess too tbh.

This is what we call a "hypothesis", OP. Smart people use them all the time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

seem he can ban, but cant unban.

While you're here ...

I only ever see that username of yours in connection with annoying my moderators and trolling. If I see anything in the next two weeks (starting right now) that I feel qualifies as either of those things then I will site ban you for a month. I'm not going to go out of my way looking for examples.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yup, I wouldnt miss you either. I'm pretty sure you are a reincarnation but while you generally arent a pleasant poster imho, I havent seen something particular from you thats banworthy on its own. They are beginning to mount up though, it has to be said.

Have you been on Boards before out of interest? (you can PM me if you like).

DeV.

Advertisement