Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Stereo Problem

Options
  • 08-11-2006 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi all,

I just install a Ministry Of Sound (MOSCA089/B) head unit from Argos in the car. I know its probably not the best of makes but it had everything I wanted (radio, CD, usb connect on the front, SD card slot).

Everything worked fine for the first two weeks. It has a front mounted usb connection which I had a pen drive connected. I left it on when I filled the car with petrol, when I returned the USB connected device would no longer play, either will the SD card when inserted. Both report an 'Error-- 12'. I tried resetting the unit but no luck.

Anybody any experience with like unit/ problem? Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Ruppert

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

Do either of the peripherials work elsewhere? Any luck finding out what an 'error 12' is? (anything in your documentation?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ruppert

No luck finding reference 'Error-- 12' anywhere (documentation or web). Both usb pen drive and SD card work in PC laptop etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Have you tried disconnecting the head unit from the car and then reconnect it? You'll lose your radio presents doing this btw.
    Might be easier to just disconnect the car battery for a few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

pack it up and go back to change it. Common problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ruppert

Unfortunately have no packaging or receipt! Will they still replace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I presume it's Argos?

just buy another one, and then bring back the one you originally bought and ask for a 30 day no quibble refund

Advertisement