Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tyre Prices

Options
  • 08-11-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Have to get 4 new tyres for my car and was just wondering does the price differ much between tyre centres.

I would be interested in anyone around Galway that knows especially.
    The closest tyre centres to me (that i know of) would be Farrell's tyres in Ballybane and the two beside each other in Bohermore.

Tyre Size is 175/70 R13 if anyone knows normal price for tyres of this size

Any info greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

I know a guy out in kilmaine Mayo about 30 miles outside Galway does them cheaper (50 euro each about), pm me if you interested

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

I know a guy out in kilmaine Mayo about 30 miles outside Galway does them cheaper (50 euro each about), pm me if you interested

Will try stick with Galway if it's not too much dearer. Thanks anyways Audioslaven

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Try Francis below, he's very good...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Hotwheels wrote:
    Try Francis below, he's very good...

Is it beside Farrell's or in bohermore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I use Ballybrit Exhaust and Tyres in Oldenway (beside Windsor). 091-760760.

I paid €320 for 2 Falken 265/40/17 tyres, and another €40 for 4 wheel laser alignment. I know from shopping around that that was a good price for the Falkens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Hotwheels

Is it beside Farrell's or in bohermore

no...francis is based in Cloonboo, but he can fit tyres anywhere...his number is in my sig below

• Registered Users Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Eiretyres.com
    Cheapest tyre delivered to your door (so P&P included) is:
    34.90euro "Goodride" H500 175/70 R13 82T

Should only cost about a fiver per tyre to be fitted by any garage you wish. Well, thats what I think I was charged by Malahide tyres, great service btw.
    The price of tyres can differ hugely from garage to garage.
    Always ask for their 'budget' tyre when calling them up to get their cheapest one :) they have a tendency to push their dearer tyres for obvious reasons.

I was looking for a full set of low profile tyres for a VW Passat and the cheapest I was quoted around Dublin was 120 per corner. I got tyres from Eiretyres.com at 70euro a corner and had them fitted by the above mentioned tyre place.

Advertisement